Poll: Who do you have in this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
44.44%
Lawrence County
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Lawrence County 11/13
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train
Dawg Family Wrote:Late in the season to be changing what got you this far.:eyeroll:
Nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose. I like the new looks.
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...31352.html

Here's a write up about the game Friday. KC sure has the coaching staff's attention. Good Luck Dawgs
CatDawg Wrote:I think its late to put something new in, however, if you've had it in your playbook from the start and just haven't used it then this is a good time to explore.
There are so many plays that they work everyday and just dont use for situations like this.... and if we dont need them you still wont see them Friday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Panthers will be on the prowl
The talk of secret plays crack me up.

Everybody has a few plays they never run. That is called being a football team.

LC better be stocking up on the Moth balls b/c they will need them come Saturday morning. Sounds like we are bringing a huge crowd up to Louisa.
Dawg days! Wrote:Sounds like you follow KC pretty close. Is it true what was posted earlier in this thread about bell really hurting you guys on the edge with speed? Sometimes you don't know if things are really or just smack talk...

yes i do follow them close, ive saw every game but two this year. please go back and quote that post b/c im prety sure you have me confused with someone else. KC is very fast but i dont think they are faster than Bll. Faster than LC im confident to say that yes.
Dawg Family Wrote:http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...31352.html

Here's a write up about the game Friday. KC sure has the coaching staff's attention. Good Luck Dawgs

It's a good thing the LC coaches aren't like some of your fans. To think KC will be a cake walk is not a very good approach. I haven't seen LC play, but I do know that Knox will hit you in the mouth. They have improved weekly and are a much stronger football team than they were early.

As much as I'd like to see Knox win I'd also like to see LC win. This is going to be a good game. I will say the team that doesn't turn the ball over will win this game.

I will go with LC winning the game 21-14.

I do wish both team a good game and hope everyone stays healthy. We all need to remember this is a game that is played by kids.....not the super bowl. Both teams have a lot to be proud of. LC for the tremendous turn around and Knox for the building the beginnings of a great program.

I wouldn't want either of them to be able to say....."We could have beat Bell if so and so were not hurt"....:biggrin:
We all can sit here and say our team is going to beat the other team and so forth, but when you have two teams like going head to head you have to break it down. The thing that is going to help LC is their depth and senior leadership.They have 15 seniors who have played ball for the majority of their lives and Knox only has 3 I believe correct me if I'm wrong. Both teams are pretty equal, both are very physical strong and don't make a lot of mistakes. I have to go the advantage to LC for being at home and watching them in practice they know what is at stake and like coach said they have had their best week of practice all year. Good job Bulldogs!!11
I don't think we can say either team has an advantage. Talent has to be pretty even. Experience is too overrated here. Knox doesn't have many seniors but that doesn't make them an unseasoned team. If we used that we could say that Lawrence Co. is unseasoned since they went 0-11 and had limited playoff exposure while Knox has kids that played in the regional finals last year. It's a great turnaround for Lawrence and I don't care about sos. Could Lawrence have played a better schedule? Sure. But, they played who they played and they are still alive. No doubt tomorrow night is their toughest opponent yet. I have predicted both teams to win. I should leave it that way just so I can say at least I was right but since Lawrence is the home team I'll give them the advantage. Basically it's still a toss up.
I agree with you on that one, I think Knox may be one of the toughest LC has played this season, but they did play Sheldon Clark this year and last year, and Prestonsburg,Belfry, Breathitt County so they have played tough opponents so to say that Knox is the toughest is kinda far fetched but at the same time you guys are on a roll right now playing great ball right now outscoring their opponents big time right now. Congratulations on a great season so far and have a safe trip to the game. Enjoy the show.
I think Knox wins but I do so hope LC does. I really hope they get to come back to Log Mountain.
Knox is a good team, and every LC player and coach and anyone that is involved with the team knows and understands and completely respects Knox Central. LC is a good team also and hopefully we do make it back to Bell County. But Knox had better not overlook LC at all, they aren't slow by any means.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I agree with you on that one, I think Knox may be one of the toughest LC has played this season, but they did play Sheldon Clark this year and last year, and Prestonsburg,Belfry, Breathitt County so they have played tough opponents so to say that Knox is the toughest is kinda far fetched but at the same time you guys are on a roll right now playing great ball right now outscoring their opponents big time right now. Congratulations on a great season so far and have a safe trip to the game. Enjoy the show.

Sheldon Clark imo is not as good as Knox. And to bring in last years schedule means nothing. Knox has to play Bell every year. You take Bell out of the equation and Knox would be the favorite year in and year out. This year Knox is missing some key players. Between that and it being at Lawrence I have to give LC the edge. Talent wise, KC has the edge. But, it's not enough to come away with a win friday night imo.
KC has 10 seniors.
How does KC have the edge talent wise, Shane Pack has 1,455 yards rushing and 26 TD's more than KC Merida's and he is a fullback. They also have 2 other running backs with over 500 yards, and 1 with almost 1,000. Lc also has some great athletes at the receiver position also in Frasher and Mills.
Their coach told me the other day they only have 3 seniors.
I hope that coach does not teach math then. Does it matter? Rock has 12 and is 3rd place in district. Knox has 10 and is 2nd place Bell has 6 or so and is in 1st place. Number of seniors just like stats or records determine diddly squat.
I'm not saying that, I was just saying that coach Mills in the interview I did with him the other day said they had 3 seniors. It may not mean much but senior leadership does count for a lot.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:How does KC have the edge talent wise, Shane Pack has 1,455 yards rushing and 26 TD's more than KC Merida's and he is a fullback. They also have 2 other running backs with over 500 yards, and 1 with almost 1,000. Lc also has some great athletes at the receiver position also in Frasher and Mills.

I'm talking overall talent. Not just rb's and wr's.
To be honest this rushing yard stuff is way overused. Not just with LC but with a lot of teams. Prime example being, if Bell let Davenport run the ball as many times as some of these other kids do, he would be well into the 2000 yd mark. I promise that to be true. Anyone that follows Bell or has played against them will attest to that. Stats like that are very misleading at times. Don't think that I mean this only to response to your posts. I mean overall. Some get caught up too much in stats.
Yeah I was just saying. I respect what you say. Good luck and safe trip.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Yeah I was just saying. I respect what you say. Good luck and safe trip.

It will be a great game but I won't be there. I have to watch the Bobcats play. Good luck to you guys.
William Muney Wrote:KC has 10 seniors.

Muney you are usually pretty reliable on your info. However, you are incorrect on your #'s. They started the season with 8 and three quit. Out of the 5 left only 3 of the five contribute. I sure hope you are right about the score.
Oh ok I was about to say why would the head coach lie for, I think these two teams match up really well. Should remind a lot of people what Eastern Ky football is all about.
"LC is Big and strong but very slow, they play a weak schedule.. Blah, blah, blah" Same thing LC has heard every week since week 1. But somehow the less talented, slower, and weaker team is 11-0. Just a coincidence I guess. :eyeroll:

Now let's get to reality. LC has whipped every team in dominating fashion this year. Came into every game as a underdog and proved doubters wrong every week. I don't expect some little team like KC to come into the dawg pound and end this season. No disrespect to KC because I do know this will be a hard fought game to the very end. I think who ever has the ball last will win.

LC-34 KC-28
Wildcats11 Wrote:"LC is Big and strong but very slow, they play a weak schedule.. Blah, blah, blah" Same thing LC has heard every week since week 1. But somehow the less talented, slower, and weaker team is 11-0. Just a coincidence I guess. :eyeroll:

Now let's get to reality. LC has whipped every team in dominating fashion this year. Came into every game as a underdog and proved doubters wrong every week. I don't expect some little team like KC to come into the dawg pound and end this season. No disrespect to KC because I do know this will be a hard fought game to the very end. I think who ever has the ball last will win.

LC-34 KC-28

I don't know if you're referring to me or other posters but I never said LC was slow. Has their schedule been weak? Yes. But they're still in it and I personally think they'll beat KC but it will be a good one.
Now in reality. LC has "whipped every team in dominating fashion this year". They should have if they're any good at all. Came in as the underdog in every game? I don't know where you got that from?
You are contradicting your own words about KC. You don't expect some "little team" like KC to come into the dawg pound and end this season. But then you go on to say this will be a hard fought game with the winner being the one who had the ball last.......
As I said before, LC will win but it should be a very good game. Good luck to both teams.
Wildcats11 Wrote:"LC is Big and strong but very slow, they play a weak schedule.. Blah, blah, blah" Same thing LC has heard every week since week 1. But somehow the less talented, slower, and weaker team is 11-0. Just a coincidence I guess. :eyeroll:

LC-34 KC-28

Little team I hope your team thinks this. I can not wait until you see the kc defense popping heads. Your district is weak. One thing we do in southeastern ky is hit .be prepared.
Lawrence hits too check out all of the games on our website and you will see for yourself.
http://www.thelevisalazer.com and go to lazer on demand
I said they lack speed. I also said they were big and strong.
I cant wait until the game. I wish it could be played right now
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next