Poll: Who do you have in this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
44.44%
Lawrence County
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Lawrence County 11/13
I think if LC can keep there emotions in check early they win going away. If they don't they will make the adjustments at half and win in a close one. Either way I see the dawgs with a win. These guy's just aren't satisfied yet. Good luck and Go DAWGS .:Cheerlead
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I know these two teams will be keeping an eye on the Bell and Rockcastle game. I think LC is a lot quicker than what some people are giving them credit for? Whoever said this team was slow obviously you haven't seen them play.

Watching them on film right now! SLOW. But big and strong.
Bulldogs live another week. LC by 12!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
People are saying that the film they have seen on LC shows they are slow and on the other hand every one say's KC is big and strong. Well it must be something about the film because the film I saw KC looks kind of small on the D-line they looked pretty quick but not very big compared to LC's line. But it must be the film because any one that has seen LC play knows they are any thing but slow and maybe KC is bigger in person then they are on film. This has been the longest week I can't wait till Friday night. Hope you all from KC have a safe trip to LOUISA it's going to be rocking. It's the game of the week BABY:Clap:
I think every line is slow to some degree but I have seen for my own eyes all year how this team prepares and when they play they are everything but slow. Knox fans you all will find out Friday, go ahead and ask our last 11 opponents how slow we are. You all might be confident coming up here and that's fine I respect that but don't get on here and say nonsense. Good luck Friday and have a safe trip, and from all the Bulldog fans on here and the town of Louisa WELCOME TO THE DAWG POUND!!!! Now GET OFF THE TRACKS THE TRAIN IS COMING THROUGH!!!!!!!
Guys I get so tired of everyone talking about our SOS... We played a very good Sheldon Clark team who is in the 2nd round of the playoffs... Shelby Valley (most Classy team) who was extremely good... again they are in the 2nd round of playoffs.... Winfield another good team out of WVA who knocked off the number one team over there.... Rowan yes Rowan who was a good team. So dont get on here and say we havent played anyone..... Yes maybe not to your guys standards but no matter who we have played this year these 16 SRs have played the toughest schedule over the last three years so they know a little bit about it and plus they have learned to win!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Good luck Dawgs!!!! This is a real tough game so don't slow down now.
Dawg Family Wrote:People are saying that the film they have seen on LC shows they are slow and on the other hand every one say's KC is big and strong. Well it must be something about the film because the film I saw KC looks kind of small on the D-line they looked pretty quick but not very big compared to LC's line. But it must be the film because any one that has seen LC play knows they are any thing but slow and maybe KC is bigger in person then they are on film. This has been the longest week I can't wait till Friday night. Hope you all from KC have a safe trip to LOUISA it's going to be rocking. It's the game of the week BABY:Clap:

If you will take another look at my post I said that LC was slow, but big and strong. Never mentioned KC.
Dawg days! Wrote:Point is we won and won big! Didn't squeak out many wins. We could have beat MCCreary to death last Friday but due to the questionable play pulled starters and used JV and freshman almost the entire second half.

I changed my mind...................I don't think I want to stand by you at the game anymore! :igiveup:
Football Fool Wrote:34-6 With all a mc players active. Very boring game much like the Boyd game.

The MC game was a 7 point game at half-time so it wasn't to boring until sometime in the 2nd half. But, on the other hand it was so wet I though the duck were going to land and we would all start fishing and drinking
hodie-pops! That would have been exciting!:biggrin:
Wildcats11 Wrote:MC had about 15 of the craziest fans I have ever seen last week. :lmao:

This is the second post that has had some smart remark about our fan base and I am very offended by this! We have had the best following and support than we have ever had over the last few years with this year being the best. We only had 4 away games this year (the playoff game being #5) and our fans traveled pretty good. I think we had a record # at the knox game even taking our band (for the 1st time ever) and a pep bus. Most of our families are not capable economic wise to take long trips to support their sons but everyone of them would if they could and the LC trip was 4 & 1/2 hours. I try my best to get along with everyone but when you attack a few things I cherrish we will not get a long and never will. Here is my list: don't attack my God, family, country or the fans of our football program because if you do, as merile haggard says, you will be walking on the fightin side of me!:redboxer: Now, if it is some fan getting on here ragging some program or something like that.....well that is a different colored horse all together but in this situation that's not the case. You are running our fan-base down for nothing or because you don't have the brain power to think of anything better to say about the KC vs LC game which this thread is about, at least I don't think it changed to lets bash the size of MC's fans at the LC game! I guess I am over my little temper tantrum now!:devilflam
Snare43 Wrote:If you will take another look at my post I said that LC was slow, but big and strong. Never mentioned KC.
You wasn't the only one saying LC is slow I was going by other post on here lot's of others has mentioned how slow we are and others about how big and strong KC is. But like I said it must be the film. If you want more film on LC so to thelevisalazer.com this guy has every game we have played this year on there he's done a great job. Watch some more film then tell me agian how slow LC is on either side of the ball :Thumbs:
Batpuff Wrote:Guys I get so tired of everyone talking about our SOS... We played a very good Sheldon Clark team who is in the 2nd round of the playoffs... Shelby Valley (most Classy team) who was extremely good... again they are in the 2nd round of playoffs.... Winfield another good team out of WVA who knocked off the number one team over there.... Rowan yes Rowan who was a good team. So dont get on here and say we havent played anyone..... Yes maybe not to your guys standards but no matter who we have played this year these 16 SRs have played the toughest schedule over the last three years so they know a little bit about it and plus they have learned to win!!!!!!
That's right BP like I said before these seniors has played againt's the best in the area theirs not much they haven't seen :Thumbs:
The compliment is well deserved. And heck yeh - I will be there (Lord willing and the creek don't rise as my mamaw used to say)...

At practice today the Panthers had the claws out. I got to stop by for a few minutes to watch them. They've made some dramatic changes to their offense that will catch you by surprise! Man, this is going to be a great game.
HouseofPain Wrote:This is the second post that has had some smart remark about our fan base and I am very offended by this! We have had the best following and support than we have ever had over the last few years with this year being the best. We only had 4 away games this year (the playoff game being #5) and our fans traveled pretty good. I think we had a record # at the knox game even taking our band (for the 1st time ever) and a pep bus. Most of our families are not capable economic wise to take long trips to support their sons but everyone of them would if they could and the LC trip was 4 & 1/2 hours. I try my best to get along with everyone but when you attack a few things I cherrish we will not get a long and never will. Here is my list: don't attack my God, family, country or the fans of our football program because if you do, as merile haggard says, you will be walking on the fightin side of me!:redboxer: Now, if it is some fan getting on here ragging some program or something like that.....well that is a different colored horse all together but in this situation that's not the case. You are running our fan-base down for nothing or because you don't have the brain power to think of anything better to say about the KC vs LC game which this thread is about, at least I don't think it changed to lets bash the size of MC's fans at the LC game! I guess I am over my little temper tantrum now!:devilflam
I for one under stand what you are saying with the economy the way it is we also have a few family's in the same boat as I'm sure every one does. That was the exact thing I was thinking when I saw you fans. But hats off to the ones who did make the trip we was glad to have them. They was pretty loud at times also. Have a good off season and come back next year even stronger who knows it might be us traveling to MC next year
Football1 Wrote:The compliment is well deserved. And heck yeh - I will be there (Lord willing and the creek don't rise as my mamaw used to say)...

At practice today the Panthers had the claws out. I got to stop by for a few minutes to watch them. They've made some dramatic changes to their offense that will catch you by surprise! Man, this is going to be a great game.
Late in the season to be changing what got you this far.:eyeroll:
We have great fans at LC but it's amazing how some people don't know how to handle winning. The bulliten board material and scouting reports some of you give makes one wonder which team you are pulling for. We've got some great posters on here and some that make me wonder if they ever think before they speak.
I can assure you Lawrence Co is led by guys that are used to winning and have done so all their life. Anybody that is overlooking Knox is a fool. LC and KC are almost a mirror image of each other. Big, physical, nice defenses and can pound the rock but don't get enough credit with their passing games. KC is as well of a coached team as I've seen since I moved back home to LC. For LC fans their RB's run alot like Eric Cantrell and Lee Abshire did at LC.
The strength of schedule makes me chuckle. LC is led by a group of kids that had Belfry down last year before we lost our starting QB. We had the ball on the 8 yd line at Russell last year with a chance to win under 2 minutes in the game. Same group gave up a TD the last play of the half or would have been tied with Breathitt. We had no depth last year. This year there is more depth than any team in LC history. Prestonsburg, SC etc are a couple of the best teams in Eastern KY. If you talk to anybody from those teams I think they will tell you there is a mutual respect for the talent on each team and how physical they are.
Both of these teams have the talent to blow the other out but I expect this to be at least 4 quarters of roll up your sleeves, knock down drag out see who is standing at the end and in the end I feel both teams will have earned the others respect. Two programs that are both headed in the right direction! We've got a special group of SR's that I sure don't want to let go of!
Safe travels KC it should be a great small town football Fri night!
Good luck BULLDOGS from Cardinal Country.
:Thumbs:
bulldog42 Wrote:We have great fans at LC but it's amazing how some people don't know how to handle winning. The bulliten board material and scouting reports some of you give makes one wonder which team you are pulling for. We've got some great posters on here and some that make me wonder if they ever think before they speak.
I can assure you Lawrence Co is led by guys that are used to winning and have done so all their life. Anybody that is overlooking Knox is a fool. LC and KC are almost a mirror image of each other. Big, physical, nice defenses and can pound the rock but don't get enough credit with their passing games. KC is as well of a coached team as I've seen since I moved back home to LC. For LC fans their RB's run alot like Eric Cantrell and Lee Abshire did at LC.
The strength of schedule makes me chuckle. LC is led by a group of kids that had Belfry down last year before we lost our starting QB. We had the ball on the 8 yd line at Russell last year with a chance to win under 2 minutes in the game. Same group gave up a TD the last play of the half or would have been tied with Breathitt. We had no depth last year. This year there is more depth than any team in LC history. Prestonsburg, SC etc are a couple of the best teams in Eastern KY. If you talk to anybody from those teams I think they will tell you there is a mutual respect for the talent on each team and how physical they are.
Both of these teams have the talent to blow the other out but I expect this to be at least 4 quarters of roll up your sleeves, knock down drag out see who is standing at the end and in the end I feel both teams will have earned the others respect. Two programs that are both headed in the right direction! We've got a special group of SR's that I sure don't want to let go of!
What he said.
:Thumbs:
Dawg Family Wrote:Late in the season to be changing what got you this far.:eyeroll:

Exactly what I thought as well. Lots of talk about LC changing things with secret plays and formations. So I wll raise your :eyeroll: with another:eyeroll:.
bulldog42 Wrote:We have great fans at LC but it's amazing how some people don't know how to handle winning. The bulliten board material and scouting reports some of you give makes one wonder which team you are pulling for. We've got some great posters on here and some that make me wonder if they ever think before they speak.

Amen
William Muney Wrote:Exactly what I thought as well. Lots of talk about LC changing things with secret plays and formations. So I wll raise your :eyeroll: with another:eyeroll:.
I think its late to put something new in, however, if you've had it in your playbook from the start and just haven't used it then this is a good time to explore.
Almost time cant wait to see who wins this one
CatDawg Wrote:I think its late to put something new in, however, if you've had it in your playbook from the start and just haven't used it then this is a good time to explore.

Which is very possible for LC..they have ran plays just one time and then you never see that play again...maybe they were exploring it while they were up big or something..not sure but we will see...
Very possible upset here. Both teams are out east and I haven't seen either, but I will make a prediction. I've heard good things about both teams. Lawrence County has one of the best rushing attacks in 4A, but Knox Central is tough and shouldn't be overlooked.

Lawrence County - 31
Knox Central - 23

It should be a great game, but Lawrence wins and advances at home.
couple more days i hope lc wins cause i want to see the game between my alma mater and the dogs..
CatDawg Wrote:They responded pretty well when facing this with Sheldon Clark. They had teams close at half and then made their adjustments and pulled away in the 2nd more than once this year.

As for the BC game I coudn't remember if it rained during the game or not but I knew we had rain that day and the field was anything but dry. I also think LC just played a bad game against them and to give BC credit I think they came out knowing that if they won that game they were going to at least have a chance to be home for the playoffs compared to having to travel and they really wanted it. Not sure how the tiebreaker would have gone in that one.

basing your signature win on a team that finished 3rd in a class 3a district(the weakest class imo) doesnt instill confidence rowan county is no longer a quality win judging by rockcastle throttling them and boyd and greenup were just bad football teams.

so in all i see nothing that points to me that lawrence can compete on the level of knox bell or boyle i hope im wrong as i want the eastern ky teams to do well and would love to see them win just think the rest of the state is better than us this year
Without going into much detail about Sheldon Clark they had a few problems coming down the stretch and they looked to do pretty good as the underdog last week.
god only a day away
I just wonder if this board can hold up that long.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next