Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
52nd District
Who will win the 52nd District Girls Basketball Tournament
The Harlan County Lady Black Bears have all five starters returning. I predict these girls will not only win the 52nd District but they will make it to the final game of the 13th Region with Clay County and they are possibly the only team in the mountains with a shot at beating Clay County for the title.
Dont discount Harlan or Middlesboro for that matter. M'boro is returning a strong group this year and will surprise many ppl. Regionally, South will prove to be a top 3 team and could very well be the best in the 13th. The only downside to HC is they depend too much on pounding it inside. Those big girls get tired easily.
I agree that Middlesboro is always a very well coached, strong team. The Harlan Lady Dragons graduated a couple of good players and in my opinion is going to have to rebuild this year. Clay County is returning all five of their starters just like Harlan County. I quite honestly can't remember what South Laurel has but they too are always a strong well coached team. I just feel that Harlan County and Clay County are going to be the top two teams in the region.
I look forward to Letcher Central playing Harlan County. It should be a heckuva game.
Didnt Clay have a starter and another girl transfer to one of the Richmond schools? South is big and strong this year at all positions.
I didn't hear nothing about it