Poll: Who do you have in this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
44.44%
Lawrence County
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Lawrence County 11/13
TOP 15 TEAM SCORING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 7 games)
(ranked by points average)
School Gms Pts Avg
Boyle County 10 444 44.4
Lawrence County 9 395 43.9
Lone Oak 10 436 43.6
Bell County 10 408 40.8
Rowan County 10 383 38.3
Marion County 10 378 37.8
Franklin-Simpson 10 338 33.8
Lex. Catholic 10 329 32.9
Allen County 10 318 31.8
Russell County 10 306 30.6
McCreary Central 10 296 29.6
Holmes 10 286 28.6
Western 10 285 28.5
Rockcastle County 10 281 28.1
Knox Central 10 276 27.6

knox central is only averaging 27.6 a game. Theres no way theywill be able to beat Lawrence County if they are only scoring this many points in a game. Either they are gonna have to score more points, or the defense is going to have to have a remarkable night. But the decisive victor in this matchup will be Lawrence County...

R.I.P.-Knox Central nuff said!!!!
I think they will. They should have a good crowd. That is a long trip, but Knox has a good following.
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:TOP 15 TEAM SCORING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 7 games)
(ranked by points average)
School Gms Pts Avg
Boyle County 10 444 44.4
Lawrence County 9 395 43.9
Lone Oak 10 436 43.6
Bell County 10 408 40.8
Rowan County 10 383 38.3
Marion County 10 378 37.8
Franklin-Simpson 10 338 33.8
Lex. Catholic 10 329 32.9
Allen County 10 318 31.8
Russell County 10 306 30.6
McCreary Central 10 296 29.6
Holmes 10 286 28.6
Western 10 285 28.5
Rockcastle County 10 281 28.1
Knox Central 10 276 27.6

knox central is only averaging 27.6 a game. Theres no way theywill be able to beat Lawrence County if they are only scoring this many points in a game. Either they are gonna have to score more points, or the defense is going to have to have a remarkable night. But the decisive victor in this matchup will be Lawrence County...

R.I.P.-Knox Central nuff said!!!!

This is what you base the winner on? Please tell me you know more about football than this. Have they both played the same schedule?
no they haven't Knox got beat by Clay County which is a 5A school but they are 4-6 on the season so far. Knox is good but LC is better enough said.
Why are they better? Record alone means nothing. Again have they played the same schedule?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I think these two teams are very similiar but run completely different offenses. This offense that LC has may be one of the most difficult one to prepare for in one week.They have so many weapons if you key on one game. We have seen it all year if they key on Hunter,Shane has a big night. If they key on Shane, Hunter,Caleb, or Larry has a big night. LC playing at home will give them an advantage to begin with and plus they are 11-0 and have a lot of confidence. Coach Salmons is doing a great job. Can Knox contain or slow down this rushing attack?We will see.

Knox has a lot better defense than McCreary. Bell hurt them on the outside. We ran the ball well all night but we really hurt them around the ends.
They're offense is ok. They lost a lot from last year but they still can make it to the end zone. This will be a good contest for you guys. In the end though they don't have enough weapons.
Keep in mind that they're very well coached.
If you guys hit the outsides, then LC is going to also. You will be surprised what the game plan is for this game. Coach told me but I'm not going to leak it out there. It's great.
I'll take Knox in this one. These teams match up well. I just think Knox has more size, strength and speed than Lawrence does. Should be a good one. Can't wait to see the score. Hope both teams have an injury free game. Good Luck to both teams.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:If you guys hit the outsides, then LC is going to also. You will be surprised what the game plan is for this game. Coach told me but I'm not going to leak it out there. It's great.

You for sure need to keep that to yourself! lol
Coach might not be too happy with you if you don't......
It should be a good game to watch.
Lol you may be right, but LC is always prepared each week.
Ya know things like this are really hard to predict because both fan bases havnt seen the other team play and we all think our team is just a little better. Only knowing what I have read about Knox I think I'm confident in saying there a good team. I'm also pretty confident in saying LC is a little better. I've heard all year coach sammons has saved several plays. I hope he has savesd enough for at least two more weekends.

If it's true about bell hurting knox on the edge I think we will be fine. We have some kids that can fly on the stretch.
No predictions needed..Knox fans are already in Louisa....something about early tailgating.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:If you guys hit the outsides, then LC is going to also. You will be surprised what the game plan is for this game. Coach told me but I'm not going to leak it out there. It's great.

I think he will abanden what worked all year and go to the air more or (wildcat with pack) will have some success early, but will lose the ability to control the clock keeps his D on the field to long and it hurts him in the 4th quarter. Everybody saves plays and off... sets for late in the season this is nothing new. I fill that homefield advantage and playoff experince equal each other out. Most of KC's team has been in this position before while LC has not.
Nishiki Wrote:I think he will abanden what worked all year and go to the air more or (wildcat with pack) will have some success early, but will lose the ability to control the clock keeps his D on the field to long and it hurts him in the 4th quarter. Everybody saves plays and off... sets for late in the season this is nothing new. I fill that homefield advantage and playoff experince equal each other out. Most of KC's team has been in this position before while LC has not.

I think pack will see the ball early and often pounding away up the middle just like before. I think other stuff after the half after he has tested knox D line.

Does anyone know if Knox has dedicated O and D lines or does some kids go ways?
LC by three TDs.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:This offense that LC has may be one of the most difficult one to prepare for in one week.They have so many weapons if you key on one game. We have seen it all year if they key on Hunter,Shane has a big night. If they key on Shane, Hunter,Caleb, or Larry has a big night.

When preparing for the type of offense that LC runs, you don't necessary key on the backs. There are a few other tips.

You're correct, if LC abandons the offense that has allowed them to win 11 straight games, I would be very surprised. And amused.
leecoukfan Wrote:This should be a really good and close game but i think that since Lawrence Co is at home and since Knox Central has to drive almost 4 hours that it does give a slight edge to LC. If you look at the two games where they played the same teams Knox Central did better both times against Boyd Co and McCreary Central. But, I do think that homefield advantage will play a big roll in this because most players are alot more comfortable when playing at home.

Lawrence-31
Knox Central-24
Not sure how you can say they did better against MC.:please:
Additionally, they were only up 14-0 against BC at the half even after knocking their QB out, whom I feel is their best player.
Snare43 Wrote:KC is not very good but will have enough to beat LC. Speed will hurt LC. They have none.
LC has no speed, thats knew to everyone else they've faced.
This should be a great game. I'll give the slight edge to LC though since its at there place. Dawgs pull it out in a close one 30 to 26.
CatDawg Wrote:LC has no speed, thats knew to everyone else they've faced.

Yea, not knockin Shelby valley but we heard alot of speed questions from them and 230 lb Shane pack which is not our fastest back ran a 60 yd td and nobody could touch him. No disrespect to valley but it's the truth. We got speed to burn baby!!!
knox has a better defense than lawrence in my opinion bt hey thats just me
You have no clue.
LC will win this game and win this game BIG. LC as much as they want. Ill be rooting for you boys down here at Shelby Valley. Goodluck during this game and the rest of your games AFTER you advance this one Wink
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:LC will win this game and win this game BIG. LC as much as they want. Ill be rooting for you boys down here at Shelby Valley. Goodluck during this game and the rest of your games AFTER you advance this one Wink

OHH Snap Now!!! Now we got the support of the official source:Thumbs:
LC wins big

LC-42
KC-12
:Thumbs:
Keep on talking Knox faithful we are going to find out who the better team is.Have a safe trip up and back home.Wish you all the best.
Knox-28
LC-27
Good prediction, that's your opinion that's fine everyone is entitled to that.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next