Poll: Who do you have in this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
44.44%
Lawrence County
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Lawrence County 11/13
Do you not realize that East Carter and maybe Winfield are the only teams on LCs schedule that didn't make the playoffs. So you had 7 we had 8 or 9 then you add MC that would be 9 or 10 however, it doesn't mean anything. But it wasn't like LC was only playing 0-10 teams either like some want to believe.
Lawrence County has only been kept under 30 points twice this year and that was 26 and 29 so I just don't think LC only scores 7 against Knox.
Mark my words LC will be lucky to score. I am not drunk nor high. I have seen a lot of HS football in Ky. LC is a wonderful story but the story ends Friday. They will not be able to move the ball on the ground against KC and their passing game is very poor.

get ready Log Mountain because here we come!!!! Not really. I will be cheering for Rock b/c we had really like to stay away form Log Moutain until 2010.
Is this the same Knox Central that beat Williamsburg 48 to 46 and then Williamsburg gets blown out 33 to 8 by Fairview last night. Come on KC may win but to say that LC won't move the ball and they can't pass. LC hasn't had to pass, when they do it is usually less than 10 times a game but they have been effective in those 10. Last night they were 5 for 9 for 89 yards.
CatDawg Wrote:Is this the same Knox Central that beat Williamsburg 48 to 46 and then Williamsburg gets blown out 33 to 8 by Fairview last night. Come on KC may win but to say that LC won't move the ball and they can't pass. LC hasn't had to pass, when they do it is usually less than 10 times a game but they have been effective in those 10. Last night they were 5 for 9 for 89 yards.

No it is not the same team. They have improved leaps and bounds as has most teams at this point. :eyeroll:

LC hasn't had to pass BUT they can't pass. Coach Mills will keep 9 in the box and stop the puppy running game. :biggrin:

I think Coach Mills has been to Louisa 1 time as a asst. Coach and left pretty happy. I think he will again this Friday.
The least amount of total yards LC has had in a game this year was 291 and that was in their worst performance of the year against Boyd County and in the elements. If Knox Central has that good of a defense I can't see how Williamsburg puts up 46 on them. Especially since this wasn't at the beginning of the year instead right in the middle. Additionally around this time if I remember correctly WYMT said something about Williamsburg really having to play total iron man football because they only had a very very few players.
That's nice but this isn't the same coaching staff that he will be going against and certainly isn't the same offensive style.
Lawrence County has a poor passing game? lol Okay we will see Friday. Hayden Kiser has been throwing a nice ball in recent weeks. Lawrence County will be lucky to score but Knox Central give up 46 to Williamsburg? I don't see it happening. Knox Central has a weakness in their defense. They can't defend the pass. LC will exploit that weakness if they stack the run. Kiser is progressing nicely in his first year starting Qb. At only a Sophomore, he will be a lot of fun to watch over the next couple years.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Bulldogs are for real as we have been saying all year, what do they have to do to get some respect? That's fine we will earn it, be ready for the train it's coming your way next.

LC is a very good and well coached team. Actually the simularity between LC and KC is scary. Both of these teams use force and brute strength as their most valued weapon. IMHO I give this game to KC because they are a little bigger and have a little (not much mind you) more speed and they have been in more high presure big games. With that being said they will have to bring their A game and even if they do actually win they will have respect for the quality of play from the LC team. This game will be settled by 7 points or less no matter who wins IMO!Good luck to both teams!
W'burg is a throwing team Catdawg. KC plays the run well always has and always will. They are however very weak against the pass. I am not sure how well LC can throw the ball? I have not seen them???

Muney seems to know something we don't. We typically has a pretty good pulse on what is going down.

William I know the game you are talking about. Remember it very well. Huge win for Bell Co. over an undefeated Lawerence. Bell then went the next week to Rock for a re-match and just came up short.
William Muney Wrote:No it is not the same team. They have improved leaps and bounds as has most teams at this point. :eyeroll:

LC hasn't had to pass BUT they can't pass. Coach Mills will keep 9 in the box and stop the puppy running game. :biggrin:

I think Coach Mills has been to Louisa 1 time as a asst. Coach and left pretty happy. I think he will again this Friday.

Yes in fact it is the same team...
Week 3 (Sept. 11), Knox played Williamsburg winning 48-46
Week 11 (Nov. 6), Williamsburg loses to POWERHOUSE 1A Fairview 8-33

Not that this is making a difference in the outcome of the Lawrence Co and Knox Central game this Friday, but yes it is in fact the same team.
William Muney Wrote:No it is not the same team. They have improved leaps and bounds as has most teams at this point.

Thats right put 9 in the box we can't pass:eyeroll: Why heck just go ahead and put the other 2 guy's there also . What have you got to lose . BUt IMO LC has one of the best tight ends in the state in #32 he has great hands and foot work and for a team that can't pass they sure do score a lot from the pass. I do belive they have a passing TD or conversion in about every game they have play this year. Oh well thats why they play the game.
In years past I would say that LC wouldn't have a chance if KC is that good against the run even if they couldn't defend the pass. However, this year with the style they are playing and they have the ability to pass when needed I see LC being able to go to the air. Additionally I think LC has a better defense than they are getting credit for. If LC scores 28 in thi game they win or I'll be stunned.
If Knox puts 9 in the box, they'll be in for a long night. That's all i'm gonna say.
LC gave up 50 points in their first two games and have since only given up 88 in the next 9 combined. I'm not sure how many have been against the varsity but it wasn't many a few weeks back I think LC had gone 3 or 4 weeks without the varsity giving up any prior to the BC game. Out of those 138 points scored against LC and that is counting the first two weeks I would say at least 68 was on the JV.
Kc is not going to run away this one at all, LC is very good KC will be surprised.
As much as i would like to see our friends from Knox win this one I'm going with Larence 24 to 21TongueirateSho
A little more Bell County going into last night was getting around 250 yards rushing and 100 yards passing a game. Against KC which they beat 34 to 6 they had 217 rushing and 40 some passing if I recall correctly. Just about hit their averages and dominated the game I think we all can agree on that. LC averages 334 on the ground and 70 through the air. If and its a big if LC even gets 200 on the ground and 50 through the air they win this by a couple TDs if their defense even plays decent. I say this because even with the JV in a large amount of their games LC is only giving up 134 yards on the ground and 58 through the air per game. I could be totally clueless and KC comes in and spanks LC but I love stats and I have to say I like what I see.
House of Pain Wrote:Yes in fact it is the same team...
Week 3 (Sept. 11), Knox played Williamsburg winning 48-46
Week 11 (Nov. 6), Williamsburg loses to POWERHOUSE 1A Fairview 8-33

Not that this is making a difference in the outcome of the Lawrence Co and Knox Central game this Friday, but yes it is in fact the same team.
The Williamsburg game was actually week 4.
LC by more than people think
LC35
KC-14
CatDawg Wrote:A little more Bell County going into last night was getting around 250 yards rushing and 100 yards passing a game. Against KC which they beat 34 to 6 they had 217 rushing and 40 some passing if I recall correctly. Just about hit their averages and dominated the game I think we all can agree on that. LC averages 334 on the ground and 70 through the air. If and its a big if LC even gets 200 on the ground and 50 through the air they win this by a couple TDs if their defense even plays decent. I say this because even with the JV in a large amount of their games LC is only giving up 134 yards on the ground and 58 through the air per game. I could be totally clueless and KC comes in and spanks LC but I love stats and I have to say I like what I see.

It's hard to tell this time of the with everyone putting everything on the line, but i'd have to agree with you
Knox 28
Lawrence 21
i havent seen lawrence play .So i will have to go with knox 21 to 14 .It might just be wishful thinking.
Going into the McCreary Central game alot of people were saying that District & was so much better than District 8 and it may be overall but I honestly believe LC showed some people that LC can play with anyone they were beating MC 42-0 before JV and Freshaman went in the 4th quarter. The Bulldogs love to hear about how everyone is going to beat them so keep it coming.These kids know what they can do.Go Bulldogs
Dawg days! Wrote:Week after week the dawgs keep proving people wrong and putting teams back on the bus with a L. Some people makin excuses to our success like our schedule is weak, our district is weak or the big bad chain crew talked mean to somebody. I think there are a few teams that's hopeing we get knocked off before we get to them cause they are afraid we just might be the real deal.

The pain trains next stop.....Friday night in L-Town!
All Dawgs aboard!!!!!!!!!

Were not afraid of those bulldogs. Welcome to them to check into the Bobcat Hilton!:redboxer:
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Were not afraid of those bulldogs. Welcome to them to check into the Bobcat Hilton!:redboxer:

Did I say anything about Bell Co?Confusedhh: But its nice to see we have drawn sooo much interest from you.:biggrin:
LC rolls
I'll take LC by two TD's. Hope Knox can play on a field with 1,000 holes and dips in it. That should give LC a definate advantage. Anyway, GO DAWGS!!!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:W'burg is a throwing team Catdawg. KC plays the run well always has and always will. They are however very weak against the pass. I am not sure how well LC can throw the ball? I have not seen them???

Muney seems to know something we don't. We typically has a pretty good pulse on what is going down.

William I know the game you are talking about. Remember it very well. Huge win for Bell Co. over an undefeated Lawerence. Bell then went the next week to Rock for a re-match and just came up short.

LC QB definately passes the look test, he is a good looking athlete and runs their offense very well. Also, he throws a nice ball. He is not as good as Moses from W-burg but he doesn't have to be in the style of offense LC plays. However, my suggestion is to spend a portion of your prep time working on defending their passing game because it is capable of hurting you!
CatDawg Wrote:The Williamsburg game was actually week 4.

Yes it was week 4.. but nonetheless, the point was made. I am anxious to see how Knox does actually match up with Lawrence, hearing the similarities to each other. With LC firing on all cylinders right now they will be hard to beat. Take last week for instance, McCreary keyed in on Shane Pack and held him somewhat in check, leaving Hunter James having his best week with over 170 yards on the ground. Lawrence has too many weapons to key in on one person. As for saying Kiser couldnt pass, the ball he threw to Frasher from the other end of the field in the first half should put that talk to rest. The defense swamped the quarterback all night long, forcing him to scramble, which was supposed to be his strong point, and making him make ill advised and inaccurate passes all night. With the always dangerous Larry West returning kickoffs and punts who can take one back on any given kick (and I'm sure he will be used more on offense than we have seen in weeks past), Lawrence is as scary of a club as anybody.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next