Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne defeats Feds Creek
Betsy Layne defeated Feds Creek tonight at Wesley. They was up by 8 with 1 minute to go in the game when I left, I believe it was 56-48 at that point. Betsy Layne however looked very sloppy, only hitting two 3 points, missing wide open lay ups and committing unforced turn overs. Feds Creek looked decent, but this game later in the season will not be as close in my opinion.
should of hung around you missed a good finish and free hot dogs. BL had to hold off a last minute surge from FC. FC hit a couple 3's in the last minute to pull it to within 2 before finally falling by 3.

How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits Hes lost?

willie cheatum
So is Feds Creek better than predicted or is Besty Layne not as good as everyone thought?

The way everyone talked on here i expected a 30 point blow out by Besty Layne.

I figured Feds Creek would hold their own after seeing them this summer. Brody Justice is has some good kids and should do well this season.
Betsy Layne just got there players from football this week. They was late getting to the gym because of a walk through they were doing before the game.
yeah most all teams had players coming back from football! No excuses this time of year.

a win is a win and Besty Layne won.

I'm sure Feds Creek will get better and so will BL. Looks like Eastern Kentucky is loaded with Talent this year. Should be some really good games.
bball_fan Wrote:Betsy Layne just got there players from football this week. They was late getting to the gym because of a walk through they were doing before the game.

Actually got them back last week.

If you don't have a football team you can start practice on the 15th of Oct. with a ball. John M. Stumbo and Wesley is the only two.

If you do have a football team, it's the 22nd. (AC, SF, etc.)

Dylan Hamilton and others were practicing last week.

AC and SF both played on the 31st of Oct. at Wesley, with only like a week of practice and looked pretty decent.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Actually got them back last week.

If you don't have a football team you can start practice on the 15th of Oct. with a ball. John M. Stumbo and Wesley is the only two.

AC and SF both played on the 31st of Oct. at Wesley, with only like a week of practice and looked pretty decent.

:pleaseBig Grinid BL do something in the past to insult you ? Were you at practice with BL last week ? We won't make excuses , Feds Creek came to play, and played well, we'll work harder and get better !!! But, I question your attacks on this program? If you're a B-BALL fan, shouldn't you root for good basketball, not trying to hate on anyone, but, sometimes I question folks, and their true intentions, you seem very knowledgeable on your B-BALL , just asking nothing personal !!!!( Good Luck to your team ! ):please:
Saratoga_86 Wrote::pleaseBig Grinid BL do something in the past to insult you ? Were you at practice with BL last week ? We won't make excuses , Feds Creek came to play, and played well, we'll work harder and get better !!! But, I question your attacks on this program? If you're a B-BALL fan, shouldn't you root for good basketball, not trying to hate on anyone, but, sometimes I question folks, and their true intentions, you seem very knowledgeable on your B-BALL , just asking nothing personal !!!!( Good Luck to your team ! ):please:

Not attacks by any means. I just replace excuses, hype, rumors, etc. with facts.

I do root for good basketball and wish I could've made it down to watch the game tonight.

Don't get me wrong, BL has a wonderful team, BUT don't overhype these young kids. BL has always had a strong middle school program, but it seems when they get in HS, they fade away. IMO, it's due to the hype and over-publication they receive in MS, which results in a shortness of effort and lack of work ethic after MS, because they are always told and always hear, they are that good. IMO, when you do that, you actually damage them. Instead, always strive and push them to be better. The "we can be even better attitude" or we can be the best in the state, etc.

Actually seen a few of them coming out of the dome pretty sweaty, last thursday. Along with there coach.
The game was a very good game, hats off to both teams.. I dont think that playing football had anything to do with the game. Feds Creek has 5 or 6 of thier players played football also. I think that BL and FC both will get better and I would like to see them play again in a month or so. I dont know if FC is better than expected or if BL is not as good as everyone thought. but a win is a win and BL won so my hat is off to them and I wish them nothing but the best.
What I saw last night was the coach at B.L. used at least 10 players with different line ups. He got some playing time for a lot of players. As far as Feds Creek I haven't watched them play before (except for Justice whom I watched 5 or 6 times) so I have nothing to compare it to. But, I thought they played well. This early in the season it is hard to judge teams. It was a fun game for a basketball fan.
Good win for BL However, I have seen them play and I have seen FC also, comparing ages and experience this game must seem like a huge step in the right direction for the Vikings. If BL or FC improve I would have to think that the advantage would go to the much younger Viking team. Lets call it like it is 12 and 13 year olds against 15 yr olds the talent level looks even. Who do you think will get better? A first year coach against a veteran coach........Who do you think will get better. I look forward to watching more of these two very good teams.
Cougar Connection Wrote:Good win for BL However, I have seen them play and I have seen FC also, comparing ages and experience this game must seem like a huge step in the right direction for the Vikings. If BL or FC improve I would have to think that the advantage would go to the much younger Viking team. Lets call it like it is 12 and 13 year olds against 15 yr olds the talent level looks even. Who do you think will get better? A first year coach against a veteran coach........Who do you think will get better. I look forward to watching more of these two very good teams.

[COLOR="Blue"]Feds Creek has a really good team everyone has agreed to that and after last night I think that is pretty clear. Cameron Justice is really, really good. J. Miller also was very impressive and FC has good size on the inside.

There are'nt not any 15 yr olds on our team.

Thank you for the compliment, last night I thought the kids played hard and done some things pretty well but have alot to work on.

Thanks again and good luck this season.

Coach Howard[/COLOR]

Thanks for the ups, Sf looked pretty good 2. We were both without star players to Jimmy ray, for Sf and Thornsberry for AC , which he's our key player.
Remember folks we are talking about kids here. There is no room for some of the things that's being said in this thread. If this continues you will possibly face suspension.
:please:any stats:thanks:
uhavenoidea Wrote:Not attacks by any means. I just replace excuses, hype, rumors, etc. with facts.

I do root for good basketball and wish I could've made it down to watch the game tonight.

Don't get me wrong, BL has a wonderful team, BUT don't overhype these young kids. BL has always had a strong middle school program, but it seems when they get in HS, they fade away. IMO, it's due to the hype and over-publication they receive in MS, which results in a shortness of effort and lack of work ethic after MS, because they are always told and always hear, they are that good. IMO, when you do that, you actually damage them. Instead, always strive and push them to be better. The "we can be even better attitude" or we can be the best in the state, etc.

Actually seen a few of them coming out of the dome pretty sweaty, last thursday. Along with there coach.
wasnt close enough to the bl area to see kids coming out sweaty,,,but i have to agree with u...the parents from bles try to act they r the greatest and once they reach the high school level..ooopppsss...they realize hey my child wasnt the star i thought it was...the high school level is a totally different level...but let them be in their on little world..the laughs r always on them later on down the road..ha ha ha
Janitor_32 Wrote:The game was a very good game, hats off to both teams.. I dont think that playing football had anything to do with the game. Feds Creek has 5 or 6 of thier players played football also. I think that BL and FC both will get better and I would like to see them play again in a month or so. I dont know if FC is better than expected or if BL is not as good as everyone thought. but a win is a win and BL won so my hat is off to them and I wish them nothing but the best.
i dont either..everyone in surrounding counties have played football...just notice on here...bl always has excuses...lol..ha ha ha
the ville 4 Wrote:wasnt close enough to the bl area to see kids coming out sweaty,,,but i have to agree with u...the parents from bles try to act they r the greatest and once they reach the high school level..ooopppsss...they realize hey my child wasnt the star i thought it was...the high school level is a totally different level...but let them be in their on little world..the laughs r always on them later on down the road..ha ha ha

These kids in middle school show alot of natural abilities with a good coach to add to those abilities. The question is can coaches at the high school level bring those natural abilities plus be able to coach these abilities to the next level?
Anyway I went to the game and it was a good game with alot of action and excitment. Feds Cr. is a great team and can't wait to see these boys play again. As for BL they're "big play" players still need to get there basketball legs and basketball lungs. In that being said if it were 3 weeks into the season this game wouldn't have been this close. Good luck to both teams and can't wait for the rematch...:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
the ville 4 Wrote:wasnt close enough to the bl area to see kids coming out sweaty,,,but i have to agree with u...the parents from bles try to act they r the greatest and once they reach the high school level..ooopppsss...they realize hey my child wasnt the star i thought it was...the high school level is a totally different level...but let them be in their on little world..the laughs r always on them later on down the road..ha ha ha

Who from BLES tries to act like they are the greatest??? Parents are just proud of their kids!!! All parents should be??? You must be another kid who has had a hard time playing against some of the kids at BLES??? Everyone should respect all teams!!! Why do people constantly want to put these kids down? They give it everything they have whether its on the court or field and it shows! I havent seen anything out of "THE VILLE" this year. Betsy Layne kids know they are not respected by anyone...and I dont think it really matters to them. They come to play whenever or whoever they play! They know that they have to work for everything they get! They dont expect anything to be GIVEN to them by no means! What has The Ville proven this year in grade school or high school?? People just cant stand the fact that there is alot of talent at BLES. But everyone wants to have them as part of their program...thats pretty funny. Brag on them to their faces and then use anonymous user names on here. Dont know who this is and no one really cares. I believe that! But if someone has issues with the kids from BLES...the parents are more than willing to talk face to face about it! Some people on here know who I am...and I have no issue with letting anyone know who wants to know! Back off the kids! They just want to play!

[COLOR="Blue"]I'm a little confused on how you say that you saw Dylan or Chase at practice last week, were you there? I must have overlooked you, very sorry about that.

The facts are these 2 guys took a week off after their last football game (which was Oct. 24) and came to basketball practice Nov. 2.

The Bobcats have alot of things to work on to reach the goals we are setting for ourselves. Reg. season begins Monday so we have to work very hard.

mr. hall, we need to talk about a few things, so please call (606-422-7716)
Thanks, Coach Howard[/COLOR]
I heard dylan and chase quit and came back sorry if its just a rummor
scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]I'm a little confused on how you say that you saw Dylan or Chase at practice last week, were you there? I must have overlooked you, very sorry about that.

The facts are these 2 guys took a week off after their last football game (which was Oct. 24) and came to basketball practice Nov. 2.

The Bobcats have alot of things to work on to reach the goals we are setting for ourselves. Reg. season begins Monday so we have to work very hard.

mr. hall, we need to talk about a few things, so please call (606-422-7716)

Really don't matter who's been at practice, it's what happens in the game.

BL is the team to beat. Let's be realistic.

Something I missed Coach Howard? We (SF) try to keep the kids from getting on here and blowing things out of proportion, but it's kinda hard since we don't live with them, ya know. I was going to talk to ya the other night, before the game started and forgot. Don't worry about all this, I think I have a good idea of where this come from.

Good luck to BL and all county teams.

Should be a great Right Beaver Classic and season.
allKentucky Wrote:I heard dylan and chase quit and came back sorry if its just a rummor

[COLOR="Blue"]What i was told is thru football season they didn't know if they were going to play or not (because of bashing and trash talking going on). Then after football season they took a week off before coming out (which was offered to all football players).

Ok thxs i was just wondering becaus you no how rumors go.
excyter21 Wrote:Who from BLES tries to act like they are the greatest??? Parents are just proud of their kids!!! All parents should be??? You must be another kid who has had a hard time playing against some of the kids at BLES??? Everyone should respect all teams!!! Why do people constantly want to put these kids down? They give it everything they have whether its on the court or field and it shows! I havent seen anything out of "THE VILLE" this year. Betsy Layne kids know they are not respected by anyone...and I dont think it really matters to them. They come to play whenever or whoever they play! They know that they have to work for everything they get! They dont expect anything to be GIVEN to them by no means! What has The Ville proven this year in grade school or high school?? People just cant stand the fact that there is alot of talent at BLES. But everyone wants to have them as part of their program...thats pretty funny. Brag on them to their faces and then use anonymous user names on here. Dont know who this is and no one really cares. I believe that! But if someone has issues with the kids from BLES...the parents are more than willing to talk face to face about it! Some people on here know who I am...and I have no issue with letting anyone know who wants to know! Back off the kids! They just want to play!
to start with im not even in school...lol...i dont think its the kids that everyone has a problem with...its the parents that act so stupid at games...if they could only see how they act...
Feds Creek has a impressive team!! I don't understand someone questioning the age difference in the two teams. Don't most teams play with 13 and 14 year olds? That is what we at BLES play with. We don't have one single player over 14. People need to know what they are talking about before getting on here putting down our kids!!!!!!
ok enough is enough...i have to agree these r all kid on here,,,,would love to see bl win state champion...so hats off to everyone at bl...good luck to all floyd county teams,,to all kids in pike, floyd and johnson county...good luck to all of u guys...keep up the good work....every player on the floor is wanting a win...so just do ur best guys..be proud..no matter what school u r from..every school has good talent ...so all players hold ur heads up and go out to win....
the ville 4 Wrote:ok enough is enough...i have to agree these r all kid on here,,,,would love to see bl win state champion...so hats off to everyone at bl...good luck to all floyd county teams,,to all kids in pike, floyd and johnson county...good luck to all of u guys...keep up the good work....every player on the floor is wanting a win...so just do ur best guys..be proud..no matter what school u r from..every school has good talent ...so all players hold ur heads up and go out to win....

:Thumbs: My hat's off to you brother, let's all promote the positive , when it comes to these kids, ( and all of our great eastern ky. atheletes, regardless of the school ) any school or kid that garners attention in our region , brings attention to the whole region , let's all take a deep breath and put the kids first ! :Thumbs:
Saratoga_86 Wrote::Thumbs: My hat's off to you brother, let's all promote the positive , when it comes to these kids, ( and all of our great eastern ky. atheletes, regardless of the school ) any school or kid that garners attention in our region , brings attention to the whole region , let's all take a deep breath and put the kids first ! :Thumbs:
i will be the first to agree positive is what we need...i have done some wrongful on here myself...its not right...we can all be better people on here and support all kids..i think the parents r worse than the kids sometimes... but like i said hats off to bl and all surrounding counties....
the ville 4 Wrote:i will be the first to agree positive is what we need...i have done some wrongful on here myself...its not right...we can all be better people on here and support all kids..i think the parents r worse than the kids sometimes... but like i said hats off to bl and all surrounding counties....

This is the right attitude to have about all surrounding counties and schools! :Thumbs: