Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Mountain teams will make it to Bowling Green?
I can see BellCoBobcats09 srambling to the computer now to type these words in all capital letters - BELL COUNTY BOBCATS!
Boyle County will win big in the state semi-finals over Bell County for a shot at the 2009 Class 4A State Championship!!!!!!!!!
rocket01 Wrote:Boyle County will win big in the state semi-finals over Bell County for a shot at the 2009 Class 4A State Championship!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy. Here we go.... :popcorn:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Oh boy. Here we go.... :popcorn:

Don't worry. There are no sensitive Bell County fans on this site. :Thumbs:
Quote:Boyle County will win big in the state semi-finals over Bell County for a shot at the 2009 Class 4A State Championship!!!!!!!!!

Listen bottle rocket If and I mean if bell loses to Boyle it will not be by alot a TD if that you are just mad because we love encourage and are passionate about are fans but IMO Bell wins 28-17
BELL COUNTY BOBCATS!!!! Too much Speed, Passing the ball, loaded backfield, and defense getting better each week... And Coach Hilton is getting PUMPED:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
Plenty of room for The Boyle Fans:kneel::kneel:
Go Rebels!
If Belfry gets healthy there chances are very good.
There is a few teams that can make it, but i don't see it.
1A. It will be Hazard or Pikeville. Either one of them can beat LCA.
2A. Corbin and Pburg. The winner of that game can make it. NCC is down this year.
3A. It will be Somerset and Mason Co. in the semi.
4A. Bell and LC. I don't see either one of them getting past Boyle Co.
5A. Highlands can't be stop
6A. There isn't any mountain teams in this class.
cj2561 Wrote:There is a few teams that can make it, but i don't see it.
2A. Corbin and Pburg. The winner of that game can make it. NCC is down this year.

Neither Hazard or Pikeville is in the same league as LCA this year. It will be a blowout if either team plays them.
As I said you didn't need a crystal ball to see where this one is heading.

WARNING TO ALL! KEEP THE DISCUSSION ON TOPIC AND OFF OF EACH OTHER!
rocket01 Wrote:Boyle County will win big in the state semi-finals over Bell County for a shot at the 2009 Class 4A State Championship!!!!!!!!!

Just one thought about this one....Lexington Catholic!
cj2561 Wrote:There is a few teams that can make it, but i don't see it.

1A. IF, and thats a big IF, Hazard or Pikeville is to beat LCA this year they'd better hope a key player or two on LCAs team is out for the semis, and itd have to be a player who can't be replaced and makes up for large sums of scoring for LCA, but if that dosen't happen the LCA will take state, they are loaded this year
2A. Corbin and Pburg have the chance to make it, but regardless of NCCs regular season record they will still be good and proably make it back to state, NCC has had a tough schedule this year and yes they don't have all the talent they have had the last few years but they still have enough to go back to state, IMO
3A. Somerset yes, Mason Co no, Mason's starting QB is out for the season, so id say that'll knock them out of winning region, so im gonna say it'll be Belfry or Sheldon Clark facing Somerset
4A. Much agreed on Bell and LC
5A. Again much agreed, Highlands will roll through state
6A. No teams from the mountains
If Prestonsburg makes it to the state-semi's, I'd be more worried about DeSales than NewCath.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Prestonsburg makes it to the state-semi's, I'd be more worried about DeSales than NewCath.

Ahh im telling you all, don't look at NCCs record and think they are down or any more beatable because of it, they will be playing tough come semis when Corbin or Pburg rolls into town, they have a four year streak of going to state, winning two of the four times they've been there, so don't be suprised if it's NCC and Fort Campbell playing for the title
Bell County Bobcats
I say Bell in 4a, if they can get by Lexington Catholic.
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Just one thought about this one....Lexington Catholic!

I agree; I don't believe that Bell can beat Lex Cath. Good call bro!! :Thumbs:
Im gonna say that either somerset or breathitt will go to state.
i have faith in my bobcats.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I agree; I don't believe that Bell can beat Lex Cath. Good call bro!! :Thumbs:

They have beat us before, so if we make it to the semi's I hope that LC is not there.
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Just one thought about this one....Lexington Catholic!

You are right about them. They almost pulled a upset last week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Cat Daddy Wrote:Don't count those bobcats from Breathitt out just yet. 3A is wide open in Eastern Kentucky this year and anything can happen on any given night in 3A.

3A is exceptionally weak. However, Breathitt has had...by all accounts...a very disappointing season. History tells us that it's pretty difficult to just suddenly "turn the switch on" because it's playoff time.

Not saying Breathitt's not capable of making a run.....just saying it's not likely....bases on their overall performance this season.
bucslover68 Wrote:There is a long way to go before anyone can be talking about Bowling Green. You must get through 4 rounds and that is a lot. Thomas Varney will be there for Belfry. That does not guarantee anything, but i like Belfry's chances a lot better with him in the lineup. It was bad news, from what I have heard, about Pawsat. I was looking forward to possibly seeing him play should Belfry/Mason meet up. I am sure they still have a lot of good players

IMO, Mason's been overrated all season. I've seen them up close and personal and they were very unimpressive. It's unfortunate about their QB........that probably sealed their fate.
padd4pirate Wrote:If Belfry gets healthy there chances are very good.

It's imperative that Belfry gets healthy...or they have no chance. That being said.....this particular Belfry team....in a "normal" 3A Eastern KY football environment...wouldn't stand much of a chance in advancing to Bowling Green. But...everyone else looks just like Belfry.....just a little north of average....
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:3A is exceptionally weak. However, Breathitt has had...by all accounts...a very disappointing season. History tells us that it's pretty difficult to just suddenly "turn the switch on" because it's playoff time.

Not saying Breathitt's not capable of making a run.....just saying it's not likely....bases on their overall performance this season.

Well as many have said on here The Breathitt Co.Bobcats have NOT played up too what we like but they have played a much tougher teams than most in our region and surely have Somerset,it could be a good game But i do believe the Bobcats could/should be on way to Bowling Green..seems as tho all have left out Pike County Central on any given night they could beat Sheldon Clark they have done it or Belfry and i will say they will show a bunch that they can play with the best of them,Mason is done with Qb out so that hurts all the teams a good team not being at their best ,such a shame!!Go Bobcats!!
No matter who goes from Mts. we should all be proud of them and support our own !!
the watcher Wrote:Ahh im telling you all, don't look at NCCs record and think they are down or any more beatable because of it, they will be playing tough come semis when Corbin or Pburg rolls into town, they have a four year streak of going to state, winning two of the four times they've been there, so don't be suprised if it's NCC and Fort Campbell playing for the title

That's the thing NCC will travel 2 or 3 hours to Pburg and it's a whole different ballgame at Pburg!
the watcher Wrote:Ahh im telling you all, don't look at NCCs record and think they are down or any more beatable because of it, they will be playing tough come semis when Corbin or Pburg rolls into town, they have a four year streak of going to state, winning two of the four times they've been there, so don't be suprised if it's NCC and Fort Campbell playing for the title

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if NCC was back in the state championship game. But this season I think that DeSales has the better team from the results of the games each have played this season against much bigger schools.

Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:That's the thing NCC will travel 2 or 3 hours to Pburg and it's a whole different ballgame at Pburg!

Lets not count our chickens yet there buddy.
Bell County all the way
Bell County is going to win the class 4A state Championship game for the second second year.... after the bobcats are going to take down the Rockets,Panthers,Knights(Lexington Catholic defeats Boyle County to take on the bobcats) then onto the state Championship game
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:It's imperative that Belfry gets healthy...or they have no chance. That being said.....this particular Belfry team....in a "normal" 3A Eastern KY football environment...wouldn't stand much of a chance in advancing to Bowling Green. But...everyone else looks just like Belfry.....just a little north of average....

I would have to disagree with you there josey....have you watched belfry play this season?