Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Nov. 2)
SoccerCat Wrote:Honestly, why is there so much hate for Pburg!
We have played a tough non-conference schedule, and still managed to win with just 28-32 guys.

Because 4A and 5A schools are better just because there are bigger. :eyeroll:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Because 4A and 5A schools are better just because there are bigger. :eyeroll:
LOL, you throwing a shot at my post..And with a Middlesboro helmet...Hasn't everyone took a turn thumping your mess of a program this year...I do think so...And I would GUARANTEE a victory over Prestonsburg..with such GREAT wins over a Breathitt County team that finally found themselves with the year almost over, Shelby Valley???? Sheldon Clark who got beat by 20 whatever to Pike Central, lol...And you were saying what there Midd Alumni?? Yeah..:please::lmao:
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL, you throwing a shot at my post..And with a Middlesboro helmet...Hasn't everyone took a turn thumping your mess of a program this year...I do think so...And I would GUARANTEE a victory over Prestonsburg..with such GREAT wins over a Breathitt County team that finally found themselves with the year almost over, Shelby Valley???? Sheldon Clark who got beat by 20 whatever to Pike Central, lol...And you were saying what there Midd Alumni?? Yeah..:please::lmao:

Not to get involved, but Prestonsburg did beat the Belfry team that beat Letcher Central. :biggrin:
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL, you throwing a shot at my post..And with a Middlesboro helmet...Hasn't everyone took a turn thumping your mess of a program this year...I do think so...And I would GUARANTEE a victory over Prestonsburg..with such GREAT wins over a Breathitt County team that finally found themselves with the year almost over, Shelby Valley???? Sheldon Clark who got beat by 20 whatever to Pike Central, lol...And you were saying what there Midd Alumni?? Yeah..:please::lmao:

Sheldon Clark beat J. Central by 8
Pike Central beat SC by 22
Prestonsburg beat PC by 26
Lawrence beat SC by 6

Belfry beat Letcher by 4
J.Central beat Belfry by 16

P-Burg beat SC
P-burg beat Belfry by 7

Prestonsburg has beat them all, besides Lawrence, Letcher and JC. (But, then again, they haven't played)

Painstville didn't even score on P-burg(49-0)
Burchett was 9/11 with 4TD's (188yds. passing)
P-Burg had 211 rushing yds. Paintsville had 176yds.
Doderer(P-ville)- 23 carries, 78yds.

Lawrence beat Paintsville 54-20
Kiser(LC) was 1/7 passing. 4yds.
LC had 478yds. rushing, Paintsville had 344yds.
Paintsville had 3 rushing TD's.
Doderer(P-ville) had 158yds on 26 carries. (2TD's)
Doderer had nearly as many yds. rushing, as the Tigers had the whole game against P-burg.

My bad I thought you was from Lawrence.

Harlan Co. beat Letcher
Whitley Co. beat Harlan by 28
Belfry beat Whitley 53-23
Nice stuff uhavenoidea.

You can compare teams that have played and stats against whichever team and all that hoopla all day. The bottom line is, Prestonsburg will not play Lawrence County or Letcher Central or Johnson Central. Like I have said time and time again, you cannot make a fair assessment since they do not/will not play this season.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Nice stuff uhavenoidea.

You can compare teams that have played and stats against whichever team and all that hoopla all day. The bottom line is, Prestonsburg will not play Lawrence County or Letcher Central or Johnson Central. Like I have said time and time again, you cannot make a fair assessment since they do not/will not play this season.

Thought I'd help out alittle:biggrin:

Couldn't agree more.

Which one has the better chance to make at least a semi-finals/finals appearance in their respective class?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:They only defense in EKY that can stop or slow down Prestonsburg's offense IMO, is Bell County. And I'm sure Prestonsburg could put up a few touchdowns on them. But we could have beaten Belfry by more than the one touchdown, but we started to play conservative football and running the jet sweep until it was 3rd & long and then we went back to throwing and got the 1st down. Against Sheldon Clark, I believe we where 2-3 touchdowns better than on a dry field, but unfortunately it was a tsunami and it forced us to run the ball more. Versus Shelby Valley, our play caller (off. coordinator) didn't call the plays in that game as he did every other game as he missed the entire week leading up to that game with an illness and we still won against a very good team.

Now as for Prestonsburg's chances versus Lawrence County or Johnson Central. We may have not played a team with as strong as a running game as either team, but they also haven't faced a team that can move the ball as well as Prestonsburg through the air. I think that LC/JC could melt the clock versus Prestonsburg, but we usually score within' 5-6 plays on a drive and only taking 2-3 minutes off the clock. Our defense hasn't been great against the run all season, but as some have said before, "they bend, but they won't break". They always make a stop or force a turnover. I think it would have been a great game between either LC or JC this season.

JMO

This is a great posts and I agree with the comparisions. In the last few years no schools in the mountians would schedule JC excpet for Bell, Belfry and SC. Since JC has had a down year, maybe the mountain teams will come out of the woodwork and play us now.
Prestonsburg needs to play a tough non-conference schedule as does Breathitt as there conferences are weak. You can toot the Shelby Valley horn all you want to. Just because they are better doesn't make them great. Usually they are mediocre at best
I'm not going to try to quote it all but someone stated that the only team to slow down P-Burgs offense would be Bell County. P-Burg only scored two offensive TDs against SV. P-Burg desrves the ranking because they are a good football team with a heck of a QB. There are some very physical, deep, running teams behind them that would give them fits in my opinion.
SoccerCat Wrote:Honestly, why is there so much hate for Pburg!
We have played a tough non-conference schedule, and still managed to win with just 28-32 guys.

Looking at there schedule Pburg has earned the number 2 spot IMO.
Well if you're saying that P-burg is better than Lawrence, why don't you take into consideration the domination that Lawrence handed out to them during the pre season scrimmages? Very unimpressed with P-burg...
all day jay Wrote:Well if you're saying that P-burg is better than Lawrence, why don't you take into consideration the domination that Lawrence handed out to them during the pre season scrimmages? Very unimpressed with P-burg...
Why the **** would you bring up a scrimmage? Syracuse lost last night to a D2 school during a scrimmage but does that mean anything? Does that mean that D2 school was better than Syracuse? **** no. Lawrence Co. has surprised a lot of people this year, but until they beat someone of significance, then color me unimpressed. P-burg could have played the Rhode Island School for the Blind and won 160-0 if they wanted to have an undefeated record like Lawrence Co. Oh wait, Prestonsburg was undefeated with just as tough of a schedule as Johnson Central had to play.

We'll see exactly how tough Lawrence is once they start playing real teams within their class.
It all comes to down to wins and losses imo in this poll. Prestonsburg has won all of their games, and despite what others think, they deserve to be where they are. Yeah, JC and a few other teams are playing great football now, but they weren't getting it done earlier in the year. Whatever the reason was (tough schedule, injuries, etc) they started 0-4. Oregon started of the year with a loss to Boise, and they are playing as good of football as anyone in the country, but they aren't going to jump a team at the top with an undefeated record. And thats just at with one loss, let alone 4.
People can blame JC's record on a hard schedule, they can blame it on whatever, but at the end of the day we look at their record and it is what it is. And Johnson Central is 6-4 regardless of how good they are playing (which they are playing great) , you can't just simply throw them up to the top based on 6 games. That's why the seasons are 10 games, and thats what this poll is based on. Not just "what have you done for me lately".
I still would love to see them play us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Dogging Prestonsburg again ey? Seems to be a part of your agenda. For your information, the Sheldon Clark team that Pike Central faced happened to have 5, count them, 5 starters missing either due to suspension or illness, not to mention their QB going down in that game as well. You sit back and think about your team losing 5 starters and your starting QB and see how many teams you would beat. Get your facts straight before you spew ignorance all over the board.

You want to talk about P-burg's "dumbed" down out of conference schedule? Let's talk about Letcher Centrals. You played 1 team out of conference that was in the same class as you (5A), 2 3A teams, 1 2A team, and 1 1A team. Those teams combined had a 23-27 record for a winning percentage of a whopping 46%.

Prestonsburg consisted of 2 1A schools and 4 3A schools. So in other words, Prestonsburg's out of conference schedule consisted of 4 teams that were in a higher class than them and still wound up undefeated. P-burg's out of conference opponents had a combined record of 32-28 for a winning percentage of 53%. (these totals are not including Matewan, WV as I could find no stats on them).

So you come on here ranting and raving about P-burg's dumbed down schedule and how we haven't beaten anybody, yet by statistics, P-burg has played a tougher schedule against more quality opponents. And to add insult to injury, P-burg beat a team that just so happened to beat you. And if that isn't bad enough, you played 2 opponents out of conference with a winning record (a 1A school and a 3A school) and only managed to beat one of them which was a tiny 1A school. Yeah, good job Letcher Central, way to beat up on the big guys!

/argument closed
OldTymer Wrote:It all comes to down to wins and losses imo in this poll. Prestonsburg has won all of their games, and despite what others think, they deserve to be where they are. Yeah, JC and a few other teams are playing great football now, but they weren't getting it done earlier in the year. Whatever the reason was (tough schedule, injuries, etc) they started 0-4. Oregon started of the year with a loss to Boise, and they are playing as good of football as anyone in the country, but they aren't going to jump a team at the top with an undefeated record. And thats just at with one loss, let alone 4.
People can blame JC's record on a hard schedule, they can blame it on whatever, but at the end of the day we look at their record and it is what it is. And Johnson Central is 6-4 regardless of how good they are playing (which they are playing great) , you can't just simply throw them up to the top based on 6 games. That's why the seasons are 10 games, and thats what this poll is based on. Not just "what have you done for me lately".

I agree with all your facts, but sometimes we are blinded by the college polls and the way that those teams advance and fall. Each week, I think you do have to look at who is playing well at that time. If you only go by a team's record, would Louisville Central ever get ranked? No. You have to factor in where they are relative to the other 3A teams and the fact their schedule is loaded with 6A teams. Is it fair to put JC behind Belfry? No. They just played and JC won. They should be ahead of the Pirates. Some people might say that SC should stay ahead of JC because they beat them and it was at JC. I disagree. JC is playing better now than SC. Granted, a lot of factors have gone into SC's struggles, and it does look like they are getting straightened out, but you are judged by your performance on the field and not by "ifs and buts" I think Pburg is definitely top 3 in this poll. I could go with them being number 2, just because they are undefeated, but you cannot compare their schedule to JC's, even though they have played some tough teams. Pburg would not beat Bell, and although they did beat SC, they struggled to beat them. I thought they were at least 2-3 TDs better on that night than SC, but the 'Cats never delivered the big dagger even though they got the win. Give SC some credit for hanging in there and to Mikie Moore for his big KO return. All I really care about regarding Pburg is that they advance in the playoffs and knock off a Corbin team who, in my opinion, is overrated due to the fact they have not played a great schedule, and have to be supsect defensively. In their two losses, they gave up over 75 points. LCA is by far the best team they played, and the other teams are a combination of average-above average, and not very good.
bucslover68 Wrote:I agree with all your facts, but sometimes we are blinded by the college polls and the way that those teams advance and fall. Each week, I think you do have to look at who is playing well at that time. If you only go by a team's record, would Louisville Central ever get ranked? No. You have to factor in where they are relative to the other 3A teams and the fact their schedule is loaded with 6A teams. Is it fair to put JC behind Belfry? No. They just played and JC won. They should be ahead of the Pirates. Some people might say that SC should stay ahead of JC because they beat them and it was at JC. I disagree. JC is playing better now than SC. Granted, a lot of factors have gone into SC's struggles, and it does look like they are getting straightened out, but you are judged by your performance on the field and not by "ifs and buts" I think Pburg is definitely top 3 in this poll. I could go with them being number 2, just because they are undefeated, but you cannot compare their schedule to JC's, even though they have played some tough teams. Pburg would not beat Bell, and although they did beat SC, they struggled to beat them. I thought they were at least 2-3 TDs better on that night than SC, but the 'Cats never delivered the big dagger even though they got the win. Give SC some credit for hanging in there and to Mikie Moore for his big KO return. All I really care about regarding Pburg is that they advance in the playoffs and knock off a Corbin team who, in my opinion, is overrated due to the fact they have not played a great schedule, and have to be supsect defensively. In their two losses, they gave up over 75 points. LCA is by far the best team they played, and the other teams are a combination of average-above average, and not very good.

But if you go by what you say and that is "who is playing better that week" that is purely objective and opinionated. Which I realize that all these polls are, but in the end all we have to go by is record, not who would necessarily beat who that week if they played. All makes for good debate and convo tho.:Thumbs:
OldTymer Wrote:But if you go by what you say and that is "who is playing better that week" that is purely objective and opinionated. Which I realize that all these polls are, but in the end all we have to go by is record, not who would necessarily beat who that week if they played. All makes for good debate and convo tho.:Thumbs:

No doubt. I like good objective conversation. People don't always have to agree, but I hate when some people just post stuff and don't have at least a decent argument to back it up.
The WYMT Mountain Top Ten is, well, it is what it is. They rank solely on records alone without taking into consideration a teams body of work. The Mountain Top Ten is about like the BCS. For those who support P-burg at #2 solely based on their record are like those who just a few years back thought that Hawaii deserved to be in the National Championship based on their undefeated record and Colt Brennan insane #'s. Instead a 2 lose team made it out of the SEC won that title game while Hawaii was spanked by the SEC's 3rd best team. Fact is Prestonsburg is 10-0 and JC is 6-4, and that what WYMT looks at when basing their rankings. Just like them calling Class 5A district 8 the SEC of high school football, what a joke.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Prestonsburg needs to play a tough non-conference schedule as does Breathitt as there conferences are weak. You can toot the Shelby Valley horn all you want to. Just because they are better doesn't make them great. Usually they are mediocre at best

Prestonsburg played:

Belfry
Pikeville
Paintsville
Matewan, WV
Breathitt County
Sheldon Clark
Pike Co. Central

What more can you ask of them to play? Its not like scheduling team is easy anymore with 6 classes now. You take what you can get. Prestonsburg beat teams they where supposed to beat and they also beat the teams they weren't supposed to beat. Doing all this with 30 teenagers that have a combined average of 190lbs.

5timechamp Wrote:I'm not going to try to quote it all but someone stated that the only team to slow down P-Burgs offense would be Bell County. P-Burg only scored two offensive TDs against SV. P-Burg desrves the ranking because they are a good football team with a heck of a QB. There are some very physical, deep, running teams behind them that would give them fits in my opinion.

Looks like you read half the post I typed up then, because if you would have read the entire post you would have seen that I said our offensive coordinator missed the entire week leading up to the Shelby Valley game and the play calling was left up to our head coach John Derossett. Who is a smashmouth kind of guy, and that's also why we ran the ball the entire game with an accational flag pattern to Jamerson. But point is we still won without our normal play caller calling the plays against a very good Shelby Valley team.
The mountain top ten is a joke! :please:

Well there "Playboy", you've had yourself three or four different responses to this ignorant post. Where is your comeback? Wish you were able to re-edit this post? I sure would if I were you.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Well there "Playboy", you've had yourself three or four different responses to this ignorant post. Where is your comeback? Wish you were able to re-edit this post? I sure would if I were you.
Well for one..Since everyone else has to battle for you..I was NEVER knocking P-Burg and I wouldn't take anything back that I have said..I was STATING TO YOU, not all of Prestonsburg's fan base..When you made your ridiculous post. I'm not knocking P-Burg in the least and I mean EVERYTHING I SAID. They have a very nice team and I honestly don't think they would beat Letcher Central, Belfry or Johnson Central again if played for sure but it is beating a dead horse because we will NEVER KNOW! Facts are facts and stats don't lie. If you honestly think Prestonsburg is the number 2 team in the mountains, then OPEN YOUR EYES...Best of Luck and I love how you and OTHERS think I am a P-Burg hater...LMAO....Think what you want because I am not going to lose any sleep over it...Prestonsburg football is the last thing on my mind.. So funny when people make an opinion, how up-tight they get over stupid ****.Confusedhh::zzz:
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well for one..Since everyone else has to battle for you..I was NEVER knocking P-Burg and I wouldn't take anything back that I have said..I was STATING TO YOU, not all of Prestonsburg's fan base..When you made your ridiculous post. I'm not knocking P-Burg in the least and I mean EVERYTHING I SAID. They have a very nice team and I honestly don't think they would beat Letcher Central, Belfry or Johnson Central again if played for sure but it is beating a dead horse because we will NEVER KNOW! Facts are facts and stats don't lie. If you honestly think Prestonsburg is the number 2 team in the mountains, then OPEN YOUR EYES...Best of Luck and I love how you and OTHERS think I am a P-Burg hater...LMAO....Think what you want because I am not going to lose any sleep over it...Prestonsburg football is the last thing on my mind.. So funny when people make an opinion, how up-tight they get over stupid ****.Confusedhh::zzz:

I'm sorry PB5, but the only teams that have a legit shot at beating Prestonsburg is Johnson Central, Corbin, and Bell County, out of the Mountains. Prestonsburg's defense has given up yards and touchdowns this season, but they know how to force turnovers and make stops. They've not once been outcoached this season against the likes of Phillip Haywood, Mike Holcomb, and Shawn Hager. None of these teams have stopped Prestonsburg through the air either as they've moved the ball willingly on each. But your right, we will never know who would win, but if I had to guess my football sense would tell me that Prestonsburg would beat Letcher Central, Belfry, and maybe even Johnson Central. I just don't think either of those teams have the athletes nor the speed to beat the Blackcats. But like I said earlier, Johnson Central, Corbin, and Bell County are the only two teams in the Mountains I'd say that could beat Prestonsburg.

JMO
BCF4L Wrote:Dogging Prestonsburg again ey? Seems to be a part of your agenda. For your information, the Sheldon Clark team that Pike Central faced happened to have 5, count them, 5 starters missing either due to suspension or illness, not to mention their QB going down in that game as well. You sit back and think about your team losing 5 starters and your starting QB and see how many teams you would beat. Get your facts straight before you spew ignorance all over the board.

You want to talk about P-burg's "dumbed" down out of conference schedule? Let's talk about Letcher Centrals. You played 1 team out of conference that was in the same class as you (5A), 2 3A teams, 1 2A team, and 1 1A team. Those teams combined had a 23-27 record for a winning percentage of a whopping 46%.

Prestonsburg consisted of 2 1A schools and 4 3A schools. So in other words, Prestonsburg's out of conference schedule consisted of 4 teams that were in a higher class than them and still wound up undefeated. P-burg's out of conference opponents had a combined record of 32-28 for a winning percentage of 53%. (these totals are not including Matewan, WV as I could find no stats on them).

So you come on here ranting and raving about P-burg's dumbed down schedule and how we haven't beaten anybody, yet by statistics, P-burg has played a tougher schedule against more quality opponents. And to add insult to injury, P-burg beat a team that just so happened to beat you. And if that isn't bad enough, you played 2 opponents out of conference with a winning record (a 1A school and a 3A school) and only managed to beat one of them which was a tiny 1A school. Yeah, good job Letcher Central, way to beat up on the big guys!

/argument closed
Argument closed my :moon:...This might have been the WORST ARGUMENT IN THE HISTORY OF BGR. And coming from you is VERY SHOCKING TO ME. AS EVERYONE INCLUDING BRIAN MILAM HIMSELF...OUR DISTRICT IS THE S.E.C. of the mountains..So those games are hard enough as it is. Then we play Belfry (yes we didn't win, but any belfry fan will tell you how that game ended, but a loss is a loss), Hazard..A TINY 1 A SCHOOL, LOL..IT IS HAZARD.(Who lost to LCC, Corbin, Breathitt (7-3) and Clay) .Are you kidding, where have you been. If Hazard is a TINY 1A school, then what is Paintsville, Pikeville? Middlesboro who is TRADITION RICH but got into a mess which we had NO IDEA WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, and then Moore which was the only school to fill in because of a scheduling conflict. Really shocking post that wasn;t intended to you anyways. Talk about Prestonsburg people and the entire middle/high school class (A.K.A.)mods will lash you..So there is your warning..whatever...Find another doormat to walk on, because you found the wrong one..Argument closed,... LMFAO!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sorry PB5, but the only teams that have a legit shot at beating Prestonsburg is Johnson Central, Corbin, and Bell County, out of the Mountains. Prestonsburg's defense has given up yards and touchdowns this season, but they know how to force turnovers and make stops. They've not once been outcoached this season against the likes of Phillip Haywood, Mike Holcomb, and Shawn Hager. None of these teams have stopped Prestonsburg through the air either as they've moved the ball willingly on each. But your right, we will never know who would win, but if I had to guess my football sense would tell me that Prestonsburg would beat Letcher Central, Belfry, and maybe even Johnson Central. I just don't think either of those teams have the athletes nor the speed to beat the Blackcats. But like I said earlier, Johnson Central, Corbin, and Bell County are the only two teams in the Mountains I'd say that could beat Prestonsburg.

JMO

I would also throw Lawrence County in there as well with JC, Bell, and Corbin.
No one is getting defensive but you big boy. You are the one that continues to beat the dead horse there Playboy. Who called you a P'burg hater? I don't think anyone did. I guess that's just part of your defensive shield. What's the need for the curse words and all the jazz? I didn't know we was that into it. :biggrin:

Listen here big boy, my initial post that you're whining about wasn't even directed toward you to begin with. You're jumping down my throat for something that doesn't even matter. I just like to have a little fun and that's what I'm doing. Lighten up and realize that Letcher Central isn't "the team to beat" right now.

Before you go all sensitive again, understand that I think the Cougars have a fine team and can potentially make noise in the playoffs. I don't really count on it, but they very well can do it. I said in another post that it wouldn't happen, but that was just stir it up a little bit. I think they have a halfway decent shot at making it to the regional championship.

By the way, why bring up Middlesboro? That's the only comeback I hear from you people. I understand what on and off-field mess the Jackets are in, so what? What does it have to do with anything? This the WYMT Mountain Top 10 thread. Seeing that Middlesboro isn't in it, we shouldn't be discussing them now should we?

Listen PB5, just calm it down and try to internalize things a little better. No one was taking a shot at Letcher until you barge in rattling things about Prestonsburg. No one really has taken a shot at the Cougars anyway, just used common sense and basic football knowledge.

Fun arguing with you Playboy. I've not seen a livelier one yet. :biggrin:
I am not going to debate whether or not Pburg would beat so and so, but let us be real. Sure, Prestonsburg has improved, but to say that some of these teams do not have the athletes to beat Pburg is a slap to those schools. Belfry had everything go wrong that could possibly go wrong and they still just lost by a TD. They looked liked they had never covered a pass, they false started how many times, they fumbled, and they had only a few players on D that had ever even sniffed the field before. They had a sophomore QB making his first start(And IMO he played pretty solid). Pburg got to go straight to the field with their nice skill players and their passing game. I am sure they had been doing it all summer. Huge advantage. Belfry does have the type of athletes to beat Pburg, but what does it matter? Just don't down the talent of these other teams related to Pburg. I wish the Blackcats well, and like I said before, I sure as heck hope they get a chance at Corbin and spank the 'Hounds.

BTW, let's thrown some schdules out there including district
Belfry,
Pburg
Ashland
Johnson Central
Letcher Central
Whitley County
Sheldon Clark

Johnson Central,
Boyle County
Lake Horn, MS
Sheldon Clark
Bell County
Ashland
Belfry
Breathitt County
bucslover68 Wrote:I am not going to debate whether or not Pburg would beat so and so, but let us be real. Sure, Prestonsburg has improved, but to say that some of these teams do not have the athletes to beat Pburg is a slap to those schools. Belfry had everything go wrong that could possibly go wrong and they still just lost by a TD. They looked liked they had never covered a pass, they false started how many times, they fumbled, and they had only a few players on D that had ever even sniffed the field before. They had a sophomore QB making his first start(And IMO he played pretty solid). Pburg got to go straight to the field with their nice skill players and their passing game. I am sure they had been doing it all summer. Huge advantage. Belfry does have the type of athletes to beat Pburg, but what does it matter? Just don't down the talent of these other teams related to Pburg. I wish the Blackcats well, and like I said before, I sure as heck hope they get a chance at Corbin and spank the 'Hounds.

Buc, I see what your saying, but Belfry had the same amount of time to get ready for the season as Prestonsburg did. Prestonsburg only returned 1 linemen, lost their entire backfield and leading receiver. On defense the Blackcats returned I believe 4 starters from last season. So both schools returned basically the same amount of experience. But IMO, Prestonsburg would have beat Belfry by more than that one touchdown if it hadn't been for the conservative play-calling. I'm not knocking your opinion or the Belfry program, I'm just calling it like I see it.
If you think Pburg's schedule compares to JC, then maybe I am misreading something. Also, I would give Michael Burchett the Mountain MVP award, with special notice to Davenport from Bell and Varney from Belfry, and so on. However, if you think that Pburg has anyone that is as good of an athlete as Thomas Varney or JK hall, then we will just have to disagree.