Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far do the Bengals..
How far do the Bengals go this year???
They are 5-2 right now. I can see 11-5 being their final mark and winning the AFC north.
BCF4L Wrote:They are 5-2 right now. I can see 11-5 being their final mark and winning the AFC north.

It will be a tough task but if they stay healthy they are pretty good this year. I see the Steelers right there to have something to say about that though.
Andre Smith is just about ready to go. The line has been playing great. This kid is the real deal and will provide much needed depth. He has a real shot at winning the starting spot on the line. He is an AWESOME run blocker, which make this Bengal offense even more potent.
Stardust Wrote:Andre Smith is just about ready to go. The line has been playing great. This kid is the real deal and will provide much needed depth. He has a real shot at winning the starting spot on the line. He is an AWESOME run blocker, which make this Bengal offense even more potent.

:Thumbs:
If they beat the Steelers again then i think they will go pretty deep.
The next 2 games are EVERYTHING for the Bengals.
csabo17 Wrote:The next 2 games are EVERYTHING for the Bengals.

Thank you for stealing my post Chris. Big Grin

If the Bengals can come out with W's in atleast one of the next 2 games then they will be setting pretty for sure. After they bye week the Bengals' have the Ravens at home, then the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and then the next two games are against the Raiders, Browns and Lions. This SHOULD give them a record around 10-2 to 9-3 if all goes well... This is the best team Cincinnati has had in a LONG time. They're more balanced this year then they were in '05. We have a strong running game thats only going to get better when Smith gets in there (TH32 how do you feel about one of your Bama boys bein a Bengal? lol) and a potent passing game that I believe STILL hasn't shown its true potential, and we have 4th best D against the run. Our weakest spot as of now is our Pass defense, and when we get that lined out, LOOK OUT. All I have to say is this is the most excited I've ever been about a Bengals' football team, and it's been building up since that 2005 playoff game. Stardust did I leave anything out? lol
This is one of those situations where 3 teams from 1 division can make the playoffs...as Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Cincinnati are all very good teams.

I see the Bengals finishing 9-7....hopefully I'm wrong tho.
Sorry! I agree with everything you say though J. I was at the 05 playoff game, and have also never been as excited as this year.

Jrod, I'd be willing to bet my life the Bengals don't finish the season with an 0'fer.
I think they will finish 10-6. I don't see them doing anything in the playoffs though. Early exit in the first round. Just my opinion.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I think they will finish 10-6. I don't see them doing anything in the playoffs though. Early exit in the first round. Just my opinion.

That would mean the Bengals go 5-4 over the last 8 games of the season which looking at their schedule is doable.

They have:

Ravens
Steelers
Raiders
Browns
Lions
Vikings
Chargers
Chiefs
Jets
I have to apologize to the Bengals. I have made fun of them for several years due to the fact that television stations would only cover them and they were terrible. They are doing really well and I have enjoyed watching them. I also like to keep up because one of the Ben-Gal cheerleaders is a Letcher Central graduate who I coached some in little league and I work with her mother.
Stardust Wrote:That would mean the Bengals go 5-4 over the last 8 games of the season which looking at their schedule is doable.

They have:

Ravens
Steelers
Raiders
Browns
Lions
Vikings
Chargers
Chiefs
Jets

They have to beat Raiders, Browns, Lions, and Chiefs. I think they lose Ravens, Steelers, Vikings. That leaves the Chargers and Jets as the two pivotal games. Where are these games played?
I see them losing to the Ravens, Steelers, Vikings and Jets.. That is why I think they will go 10-6
5timechamp Wrote:They have to beat Raiders, Browns, Lions, and Chiefs. I think they lose Ravens, Steelers, Vikings. That leaves the Chargers and Jets as the two pivotal games. Where are these games played?

Away on both of them.
But they are 3-0 on the road.
I am far from a Bengals fan but they have a pretty good run going. I think with every play Palmer makes he gains more confidence. The last few years the Steelers and the Ravens have physically beat them up. I think the Bengals lose the next two but how they lose will be key. If the two teams beat them up and cause injuries and get to Carson and cause him to start thinking to much it could be bad for the Bengals the rest of the way.I personally think the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens will all end up 1-1 against each other and beat the brownies twice so it will make for an interesting tie breaker at the end.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I have to apologize to the Bengals. I have made fun of them for several years due to the fact that television stations would only cover them and they were terrible. They are doing really well and I have enjoyed watching them. I also like to keep up because one of the Ben-Gal cheerleaders is a Letcher Central graduate who I coached some in little league and I work with her mother.

Who is it? I think that's pretty cool to have someone local make it big like that.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:That would mean the Bengals go 5-4 over the last 8 games of the season which looking at their schedule is doable.

They have:

Ravens
Steelers
Raiders
Browns
Lions
Vikings
Chargers
Chiefs
Jets

After their win over the Ravens yesterday, I think that 11-5 is looking pretty likely at this point. They would only have to go 5-3 over the last eight games to do so.

I see losses at Pittsburgh and Minnesota, and wins over Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, and Kansas City. So if they can just split the two road games at San Diego and at the Jets, then they should finish 11-5.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:After their win over the Ravens yesterday, I think that 11-5 is looking pretty likely at this point. They would only have to go 5-3 over the last eight games to do so.

I see losses at Pittsburgh and Minnesota, and wins over Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, and Kansas City. So if they can just split the two road games at San Diego and at the Jets, then they should finish 11-5.

Good post :Thumbs:, I agree
I have faith in my Bengals.

13-3 with the only lose for the rest of the regular season coming from the vikings. the steerlers are doing good right now with a 4 game win streak going an coming off a big win against the vikings and right now there winning 7-3 against the broncos but im praying for a W next week.
IMO they wont make the playoffs just me though
im gonna say they finish 12-4...Losing to the Steelers and Vikings.
Well they beat Baltimore yesterday so if they beat Pittsburgh they pretty much clinch the division if they pick up a couple wins. SUPER BOWL BOUND BABY!
13-3.
Heart: Super Bowl here we come!!!
Head: AFC Championship Game OR Divisional Round.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:im gonna say they finish 12-4...Losing to the Steelers and Vikings.

I agree with this record.

This should give us a playoff spot.
I think that the steelers will end up winning the AFC North
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:IMO they wont make the playoffs just me though

I honestly don't see how they could miss the playoffs without doing a complete face plant. They already have six wins, with remaining games against Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, and Kansas City where the Bengals will be heavy favorites.

Even if they lose all the other games, that would get them to 10-6, which should be good enough to snag a wild-card berth. But if they pick up a couple more wins, they may win the division outright.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Missing the playoffs at this point would be the worst tanking in history.
I can see them going 12-4 with loses coming from Pittsburgh and the Vikings
or
13-3 with loses coming only from the Vikings

Either way, their making it to the playoffs!!