Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Mountain teams will make it to Bowling Green?
Any teams in the Mountains will make it to the state Championship game at Western Kentucky University
Im going on a limb and saying, Hazard, Corbin Somerset and Bell.
Not a single one.
I think Bell has a good chance to bring home another title
I think it is very possible and likely that the mountains will be represented by these classes and teams
2A Prestonsburg/Corbin
3A Somerset/Sheldon Clark/Belfry
4A Bell Co/Lawrence Co....and LCHS is a BIG if, but it can be done, just have to play flawless and like your hair is on fire
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Not a single one.
Flat lander!! J/K
Honestly I think Prestonsburg and Bell will be the only 2. maybe belfry if they get healthy.
Bell and maybe Belfry.
I don't think anyone needs a crystal ball to see where this thread ends up going.....
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Not a single one.

You are absolutly 100% wrong. I know for a fact McCreary will make it................I already bought the tickets!:lmao:

That is if the playing thing doesn't work out!
Bell County has the best shot of winning. Prestonsburg can possibly make it. Belfry has a good shot as 3A is weak this year.
Bell, P-Burg, and Belfry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I think that Bell County has the best shot at making it and possibly winning it. Prestonsburg, Belfry, Lawrence County and Corbin have shots, but its going to be really tough to make it to Bowling Green. I do think that Pburg, Belfry and Corbin have a better shot than Lawrence does, but you never know as Lawrence has proved the haters wrong all season.

I just hope the Mountains & EKY is represented well in the playoffs!
I really believe that Prestonsburg has the talent to do it.
The mountains will deffinetly be represented in Bowling Green this year:
2A Prestonsburg
3A Somerset
4A Bell
Bell county will be there too.
With a chance

1A....no one is going to best LCA, sorry to Hazard and Pikeville, but did anyone see that Corbin Score(ouch)

2A Prestonsburg has a great team. They should handle Middlesboro easily. THen the winner of the Corbin/ Shelby Valley game is going to be a great Regional Title game. Any three on those three teams can make a run with the talent they have.

3A Belfry is going to have to deal with Mason. If Varney doest come back its going to be tough....Somerset is somehow having a magical season, but can they beat a tricky Breathitt team... I dont think so. Mason over Breathitt in the state semis.

4A Bell COOOOOUNTY. Maybe the second best team in Class 4A football, only problem is that IMO the #1 is their opposing region. So ill say a 50/50 chance of Bell making it.

5A NO ONE is going to beat Highlands. Sorry JC, PCC, HCC, LCC....How many 5A centrals are their????
I actually believe that 2A has the best chance of making it to Bowling Green.

Classes 1 through 3 in EKY, 2A is the strongest IMO. Corbin and Prestonsburg would beat any 3A, 2A or 1A school in the mountains. SV is also not that far off.
The Iceboxx Wrote:With a chance

1A....no one is going to best LCA, sorry to Hazard and Pikeville, but did anyone see that Corbin Score(ouch)

2A Prestonsburg has a great team. They should handle Middlesboro easily. THen the winner of the Corbin/ Shelby Valley game is going to be a great Regional Title game. Any three on those three teams can make a run with the talent they have.

3A Belfry is going to have to deal with Mason. If Varney doest come back its going to be tough....Somerset is somehow having a magical season, but can they beat a tricky Breathitt team... I dont think so. Mason over Breathitt in the state semis.

4A Bell COOOOOUNTY. Maybe the second best team in Class 4A football, only problem is that IMO the #1 is their opposing region. So ill say a 50/50 chance of Bell making it.

5A NO ONE is going to beat Highlands. Sorry JC, PCC, HCC, LCC....How many 5A centrals are their????
There is a long way to go before anyone can be talking about Bowling Green. You must get through 4 rounds and that is a lot. Thomas Varney will be there for Belfry. That does not guarantee anything, but i like Belfry's chances a lot better with him in the lineup. It was bad news, from what I have heard, about Pawsat. I was looking forward to possibly seeing him play should Belfry/Mason meet up. I am sure they still have a lot of good players
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before because I am new here, but is Somerset really in the Mountains?
Rebel55 Wrote:I'm sorry if this has been brought up before because I am new here, but is Somerset really in the Mountains?

It is a question with plenty of merit and here is the .10 explanation.

The "mountains" are typically considered the WYMT coverage area. Technically Wayne County is considered to be in the mountains as well.
bell county
1A - Hazard will lose to Lexiington Christian in State Semi's.
2A - Corbin will play FT. Campbell for class 2A Title.
3A - Breathitt County will go back to Bowling Green.
4A - Boyle County will beat Bell in the State Semi Finals.
5A - Nobody will beat Highlands.
6A - T or X will win it all as usual.
Best Bet Prestonsbugh
cougarpride08 Wrote:Bell, P-Burg, and Belfry.

I agree. Belfry will beat Mason.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I actually believe that 2A has the best chance of making it to Bowling Green.

Classes 1 through 3 in EKY, 2A is the strongest IMO. Corbin and Prestonsburg would beat any 3A, 2A or 1A school in the mountains. SV is also not that far off.

I agree with the first statement as well, 2A does have the best chance at making it to bowling green from the mountains, but the second statement i dont agree with, I think Somerset would give Pburg and Corbin a great game if they played, and possibly Mason Co, but that is yet to be determined, if they can win the Region then I think they have what it would take to beat Pburg or Corbin, aside from Louisville Centrals region, Region 4 in 3A is the most competitive region in all of 3A and have three good teams that would be tough for any 2A mountain team, though Pburg has already beat Belfry and Sheldon Clark out of Region 4 in 3A, if Belfry would have been on the schedule later for Pburg it may have turned out different
Belfry and Prestonsburg
bucslover68 Wrote:There is a long way to go before anyone can be talking about Bowling Green. You must get through 4 rounds and that is a lot. Thomas Varney will be there for Belfry. That does not guarantee anything, but i like Belfry's chances a lot better with him in the lineup. It was bad news, from what I have heard, about Pawsat. I was looking forward to possibly seeing him play should Belfry/Mason meet up. I am sure they still have a lot of good players

I honestly dont see Mason making it to Bowling Green. By the stats on the KHSAA website, they've given up 2267 yards rushing this season in 10 games. That doesn't look too good when playing a Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Breathitt, etc.
Don't count those bobcats from Breathitt out just yet. 3A is wide open in Eastern Kentucky this year and anything can happen on any given night in 3A.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Don't count those bobcats from Breathitt out just yet. 3A is wide open in Eastern Kentucky this year and anything can happen on any given night in 3A.

This is true, Breathitt does have the chance to go back but I think it'll be a longer harder road to get there for them than for Somerset, Belfry and Sheldon Clark, but who knows they may pull a Louisville Central and make it back to state even with there regular season record