Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
34.52%
Sheldon Clark
65.48%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Russell 11/6
sc in a good game
This should be a good game. Nobody but Ironton has just lined up and run the ball on the Russell defense. If SC can pass the ball and keep Russell from keying on the run they have an advantage in this game. The pass defense has been Russell's big problem in recent weeks. If they can tighten that up they have a good chance to win this game.

Defensively SC should be able to hold the Red Devils in check a little bit. Russell is very one dimensional this year. Russell needs to find some way to get more production from somebody besides Jones to have a chance to win.

I believe this will be a low scoring game and SC will go into as the favorite despite being the 3 seed. For the cards a big key will be if they can get the lead on Russell early.
Would like to see the mountain team get the W here. Good luck to both.
I hope Sheldon Clark gets the win because I wanna see a Belfry rematch with a full roster Sheldon Clark.
WildDawg Wrote:I hope Sheldon Clark gets the win because I wanna see a Belfry rematch with a full roster Sheldon Clark.
I think Belfry was up by a few scores when they had the full roster anyway when the fight broke out so I doubt that would make any difference. The only real difference I could see if Sheldon Clark Plays Belfry is that they wouldn't have to deal with Varney.
I believe the score was 7 to 7 starting the second quarter when the fight broke out was going to be a good game.
Russell wins
Red Devils by 7
Another thing that I saw during Russells last game was the lack of excitement from some of the players. I have seen more enthusiasm in little league practices. Come on guys if you want to win act accordingly. Get off your heals ! Coaches & seniors need to fire them up ! I hope they find out who wants to play this week at practice.
THE ROCK11 Wrote:Whats up with pawsat?

Pawsat is out for the season with a torn MCL is the word from Maysville.
charliez Wrote:Another thing that I saw during Russells last game was the lack of excitement from some of the players. I have seen more enthusiasm in little league practices. Come on guys if you want to win act accordingly. Get off your heals ! Coaches & seniors need to fire them up ! I hope they find out who wants to play this week at practice.

Great post but it is up to the players to have the desire. Coaches can only do so much. Seniors need to finally show some leadership or Devils will be a mediocre 6-5 for the season.
I will go with the Cardinals in a close one. SCHS has to be one of the best 3 seeds in the state, 4A and under.
Fred Sanford Wrote:Great post but it is up to the players to have the desire. Coaches can only do so much. Seniors need to finally show some leadership or Devils will be a mediocre 6-5 for the season.

charliez Wrote:Another thing that I saw during Russells last game was the lack of excitement from some of the players. I have seen more enthusiasm in little league practices. Come on guys if you want to win act accordingly. Get off your heals ! Coaches & seniors need to fire them up ! I hope they find out who wants to play this week at practice.

Agreed! Russell needs to get fired up! Coaches, Players and Fans! Do they have Pep Rallies? I would like to see the band more involved. I know I am fired up! Russell can win this game if they play hard and want to win.
The Man Maybe Wrote:I believe the score was 7 to 7 starting the second quarter when the fight broke out was going to be a good game.

No fighting at Russell!
If the SC defense comes out and plays well then they can win. They must try to contain Jones and the fullback Rice. I feel the Cardinals have played the tougher schedule with the likes of Johnson Central, Breathitt County, Prestonsburg, Belfry and Lawrence County and that should help them come Friday.
SC has had problems with penalities all year, in "nearly" every game. Stay away from penalties, run Hager's "kill the clock" offense and they should come out with a win. Good Luck Cards!!!
4real Wrote:Agreed! Russell needs to get fired up! Coaches, Players and Fans! Do they have Pep Rallies? I would like to see the band more involved. I know I am fired up! Russell can win this game if they play hard and want to win.
No they used to have a few pep rallies when I was in school but I think they stopped unlesss they started again.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I think Belfry was up by a few scores when they had the full roster anyway when the fight broke out so I doubt that would make any difference. The only real difference I could see if Sheldon Clark Plays Belfry is that they wouldn't have to deal with Varney.
It was 7-7 and SC fumbled inside their own ten. The Pirates capitalized and scored easy. On 3 straight snaps, SC fumbled and the rout was on. What most people haven't talked about was that two of Belfry's best D-lineman were thrown out and Timmy Lovern was already out with a concussion. SC just did not have any offensive firepower due to all the circumstances.
ol'dad07 Wrote:SC has had problems with penalities all year, in "nearly" every game. Stay away from penalties, run Hager's "kill the clock" offense and they should come out with a win. Good Luck Cards!!!

if sc wins they will have to play exactly like that!!!
kill the clock and run the ball up the middle.
Someone asked earlier about the matchup history between the two teams, I know that in the 80's both teams were in the same district for a short time when it was Russell, Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, and Belfry, but I don't know what the record between these two are I will have to look it up and let you all know. As for this game this is a hard game for me because Russell is so one dimensional and that they have seemed to lost their enthusiasum for now (I don't know why). But if Sheldon Clark can throw the ball then Russell will be getting ready for the roundball season.
monster_energy Wrote:if sc wins they will have to play exactly like that!!!
kill the clock and run the ball up the middle.

Both teams will eat the clock because Russell likes to run the clock with long drives as well.
I just don't see Sheldon Clark losing, them boys are TOUGH!! And they're at full health now!
SC should win this one in a good game.
Sheldon Clark may overlook these Red Devils.. Have to see..
mrfootball03 Wrote:Sheldon Clark may overlook these Red Devils.. Have to see..

I agree with that....I think they maybe overlooking this game and looking ahead to Belfry and that will hurt them.
I contacted Mark Maynard over at the daily independent and he said Sheldon Clark and Russell have met just 5 times over the years with Russell leading the series 5-0 and as I posted earlier a 20-0 win in the 1993 meeting.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think that Sheldon Clark has the better team, but if you think your going to walk into Ivan McGlone Stadium expecting a win then you need to smell the coffee because your going to face a helluva team. I think this will be a great game between two teams that are smashmouth and both have bend, but not breakable defenses. I wouldn't mind seeing this game, but hopefully its a good/clean game.

Best of luck to both!
Just in case no one has addressed this, its Henry R Evans Stadium and Ivan McGlone Field.
Im going Red Devils on this one.

27-15
I see this being a much closer game than many predict. If the Devil's come out fired up ready to put the Raceland game in the past and play to their potential I say that the Red Devils take this one to the house.

Russell - 21
Sheldon Clark - 20

Good luck to both teams.

Go Devils!
Wildcat89 Wrote:I see this being a much closer game than many predict. If the Devil's come out fired up ready to put the Raceland game in the past and play to their potential I say that the Red Devils take this one to the house.

Russell - 21
Sheldon Clark - 20

Good luck to both teams.

Go Devils!

Well written prediction. That would indicate that Locey would be 3 for 3 on the PATs - nice. :muscleman