Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bourbon County
16.13%
Boyle County
83.87%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon County @ Boyle County 11/6
Thoughts,and predictions.
I just hope that the fireworks crew has plenty of ammo.

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:
Does Papa French play the jv most the game and wait for the real playoffs to start the next week or is it 280 and 4 td's for Reese.
64black&gold Wrote:Does Papa French play the jv most the game and wait for the real playoffs to start the next week or is it 280 and 4 td's for Reese.

I'll go with the latter.
Maybe take the first two weeks and shore up the short passing game.
64black&gold Wrote:Maybe take the first two weeks and shore up the short passing game.

Or ANY passing game. :biggrin:
BC in a running clock game
Ill take Boyle 52-0
Another Rebel win!:wenumber1:Wave:
boyle in running clock
Is Bourbon County where Poynter is the head coach at now?
lwc Wrote:Is Bourbon County where Poynter is the head coach at now?
Yes he is on that one.
Boyle County wins this one for my prediction.
Boyle 42-0
rocket01 Wrote:Yes he is on that one.

I wish him the best but Boyle wins BIG
Boyle by 100
lwc I heard the Blue Raiders were recruiting Lynch.
Boyle County 63

Bourbon County 0

:worthy:
French plays starters long enough for running clock and backups make final score 56-0.
I have no idea what Bourbon has but judging by seedings I would expect to see some underclassmen in the game by 3rd qtr. Rees (Mr Football) will have another 200+ evening. Offensive line may appear small in size but more than make up the difference in speed and heart!:rockon:
Boyle by 50
Boyle 56-0
:lmao:
The Iceboxx Wrote:Boyle by 100

:lmao:
Thats funny. It might happen if the starters play the whole game. But I'm thinking about 70-0.:runtouchd
MacShara is roughly 800 yards shy of 3,000 yards for the season. Hopefully this is the first of 5 games to get him over that mark. I'd like to see him at least get past Jerermy Simpson (Lincoln Co. in 1993, 3,044 yards) for the all-time area leader.
Boyle County
backinblack2003 Wrote:MacShara is roughly 800 yards shy of 3,000 yards for the season. Hopefully this is the first of 5 games to get him over that mark. I'd like to see him at least get past Jerermy Simpson (Lincoln Co. in 1993, 3,044 yards) for the all-time area leader.

I think the Oline is taking ownership in helping Reese break those records. I know for a fact they are working together to open holes for him to run thru. Thats what French has brought to the program. He has taught those young men the importance of scraficing themselves for the advancement of others. I look for another big game from the offense friday.:worthy:
Schedules

Boyle's opponents are:

(All are wins)
Johnson Central 6-4
Rockastle 4-6
Pikeville 5-5
Mercer 1-9
Danville 4-6
Lafayette 6-4
Lex Cath 6-4
West Jessamine 8-2
East Jessamine 4-6
Christian 6-4

Combined Record: 50-50 (5 Winning Teams)

Bourbon's opponents are:

Estill (W) 6-4
Casey (W) 3-7
Mason (L) 10-0
Holmes (L) 8-2
Owen (W) 3-7
Grant (L) 3-7
Franklin (W) 1-9
Harrison (L) 5-5
Pendelton (L) 7-3
Paris (W) 0-10

Combined Record: 46-54 (4 Teams with Winning Records)

Very comparable schedules with a slight edge to Boyle in overall records of opponents.

*Bourbon has only defeated one winning team all year (Estill) and that was in the first game.

*Boyle has scored 444 points while only giving up 64.

*Bourbon has scored 259 points while giving up 212.

*Bourbon's most impressive win would be Estill.

*Boyle's most impressive win would be a tie between Lex Cath and Christian County.

All that said, it's hard to believe that Bourbon will give Boyle any fits in this one. While they have to play it on the field, the notion that the ghosts of '97 are still lingering 12 years later is somewhat off. Different teams and programs entirely at this juncture vs. then.

With Boyle's defense holding opponents to a TD or less 7 times (4 shutouts), it will be the defense that can carry the Rebels through the playoffs. Will it carry them all the way? We will see.
The defense has actually pitched 6 shutouts on the year. Johnson Central and Lafayette each had their TD on kickoff returns. Defense has been the bellcow for Boyle this year and will win them the 4A title this year if that happens. MacShara gets all the headlines but if you give this defense 10 to 14 points on offense they won't lose the game.
I think that the talent level is just too wide between the teams for Bourbon to have a realistic chance of winning. Boyle's defense is the real deal and couldn't play much better than they have already. There are a few things that concern me though. First is Boyle's habit of turning the ball over. I'm not sure how many turnovers Boyle has this season but it seems like multiple fumbles every game. That's unacceptable, especially at this stage of the season. I also am not real pleased with the Rebels play on kick coverage. Two kicks returned for TDs and several other good gainers frequently put the opponent in good field position. Finally, what happened to the passing game? It is basically non existent at this point. I know that Rees is our horse and we as may as well ride him but that may not be enough as we get deep into the playoffs. I would like to see Boone throw 25 or 30 times the first two playoff games just to open things up a bit.
boyle