2. Pike Co. Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. East Ridge

Class AAA Region 4 1st Rd. Playoff Matchups

(4) East Ridge @ (1) Mason Co.
(3) Lewis Co. @ (2) Pike Co. Central

(3) Sheldon Clark @ (2) Russell
(4) West Carter @ (1) Belfry

How do you see this region playoff panning out?
Mason County and Belfry for region IMO
I'm going out on a limb and saying Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry for region. I think that Sheldon Clark will be head-hunters in the playoffs. They want Belfry and they also want to prove that they are a lot better than they showed against Pike Central.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm going out on a limb and saying Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry for region. I think that Sheldon Clark will be head-hunters in the playoffs. They want Belfry and they also want to prove that they are a lot better than they showed against Pike Central.

You may want to go back towards the tree...Sheldon Clark would play Belfry in the 2nd Round if they play :biggrin:

7:#4 (Lewis) @ 8:#1 (Belfry)
8:#3 (SC) @ 7: #2 (Russell)

8:#4 (ER) @ 7:#1 (Mason)
7:#3 (Fleming) @ 8:#2 (PCC)
Barring injuries and other variables:

Rd 2:Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark, Pike Central vs. Mason Co
Rd 3:Belfry vs. Mason County
Regional Champ: Too Close to Call
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You may want to go back towards the tree...Sheldon Clark would play Belfry in the 2nd Round if they play :biggrin:

7:#4 (Lewis) @ 8:#1 (Belfry)
8:#3 (SC) @ 7: #2 (Russell)

8:#4 (ER) @ 7:#1 (Mason)
7:#3 (Fleming) @ 8:#2 (PCC)

You are correct. :flush:

Anyhow, now that we have corrected the bracket, I would Mason County vs. Belfry for the right to go to the state semi's.
SC beat Mason last year, just wondering how much better are they this year? They had some very quick and athletic guys last year.
I think Sheldon Clark has to take care of Russell, I don't think Mason County is the best in that region, and Belfry will come out of there and go to semi's.:biggrin:
old warrior Wrote:I think Sheldon Clark has to take care of Russell, I don't think Mason County is the best in that region, and Belfry will come out of there and go to semi's.:biggrin:

I agreeTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Anything can happen in the playoffs but i'll go with my Pirates
going to the semi's they are coming together as a team.
Good luck to the Pirates.
I'm hoping to at least see Pike Central win their 1st ever playoff game.
First Round
Mason Co 42 East Ridge 0
Russell 14 Sheldon Clark 35
Lewis Co 7 Pike Central 28
West Carter 3 Belfry 42

Second Round
Mason Co 21 Pike Central 24 (If PC can play a perfect game and not give up when they get down I think they can get the W IMO, but if they can't do that then it could be MCHS 35 PC 10)
Belfry 21 Sheldon Clark 28 (If SC has everyone healthy and no one suspended I think they may be able to pull the upset, it's hard to beat a team twice in one year, but again, if people are out and they aren't up to full strength it could be BHS 35 SCHS 14)

Region
Sheldon Clark 28 Pike Central 10
OR
Mason Co 21 Belfry 35
Belfry 45
W.Carter 21

Sheldon Clark 34
Russell 14

--------

Mason Co. 62
ER 0

PCC 42
Fleming 12

---------

2nd round

Belfry 28
SC 21

Mason 34
PCC 7

-----------

Regional Championship

Belfry 21
@
Mason co. 20
i think mason county better not over look east ridge
Belfry over Mason County 28-14 for the regional title.
warriors#55 Wrote:i think mason county better not over look east ridge

I respect your pride in your team..but this year's playoffs will be a learning experience for ER. Mason names the score.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry over Mason County 28-14 for the regional title.

ditto, but not sure the score,but the same two teams
mason is better than you think. plus how do you if belfry gets past sheldon clark or russell?
Belfry vs sc
mason co. Vs pike central

belfry vs mason co.

Belfry wins region
Forget it guys.............See ya in Bowling Green.Like I have said all year.Breathitt will be there again.Sorry to bust your bubbles.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Forget it guys.............See ya in Bowling Green.Like I have said all year.Breathitt will be there again.Sorry to bust your bubbles.
Wow pretty cocky I will have a great laugh on you if breathitt loses in the playoffs.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Forget it guys.............See ya in Bowling Green.Like I have said all year.Breathitt will be there again.Sorry to bust your bubbles.

nope nope :dontthink it'll eithier be Belfry,Sheldon Clark or Somerset

Apparently wins over Estill and Powell County, a forfeit, and a narrow escape over Hazard has suddenly made Breathitt the odds on favorite in the East huh?

Breathitt's wins on the field (not including a forfeit):
5A Mercer County (1-9)
1A Hazard (6-3)
3A Estill County (5-4)
3A Powell County (2-7)
Combined: 14-23... 38%

Belfry's wins:
4A Boyd County (2-7)
5A Letcher Central (7-2)
5A Whitley County (5-4)
1A Pikeville (5-4)
3A Pike Central (5-4)
3A Sheldon Clark (5-4)
3A East Ridge (3-6)
Combined: 32-31.... 51%
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Apparently wins over Estill and Powell County, a forfeit, and a narrow escape over Hazard has suddenly made Breathitt the odds on favorite in the East huh?

Breathitt's wins on the field (not including a forfeit):
5A Mercer County (1-9)
1A Hazard (6-3)
3A Estill County (5-4)
3A Powell County (2-7)
Combined: 14-23... 38%

Belfry's wins:
4A Boyd County (2-7)
5A Letcher Central (7-2)
5A Whitley County (5-4)
1A Pikeville (5-4)
3A Pike Central (5-4)
3A Sheldon Clark (5-4)
3A East Ridge (3-6)
Combined: 32-31.... 51%

Belfry opponents wining percentage is more in the high 50s to low 60s, they played prestonsburg this year in week zero
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Seedings

Dist. 7
1. Mason Co.
2. Russell
3. Lewis Co.
4. West Carter

Dist. 8
1. Belfry
2. Pike Co. Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. East Ridge

Class AAA Region 4 1st Rd. Playoff Matchups

(4) East Ridge @ (1) Mason Co.
(3) Lewis Co. @ (2) Pike Co. Central

(3) Sheldon Clark @ (2) Russell
(4) West Carter @ (1) Belfry

How do you see this region playoff panning out?

Mason will walk into the finals
i also dont see sc or russell giving a game to belfry unless belfry has a bad night!!!
dont know much about mason heard alot of people say there good then heard alot of people say there overrated. so cant make a predication on that.
Think a lot of people are overlooking a team that really outplayd Belfry and dominated Sheldon Clark. Have to say It will be a great rematch for the region title between Belfry and PCC. Should be a great game if all is healthy.
The 2vs3 matchups should be interesting. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see both 3s advance.

The Russell / Sheldon Clark matchup shpould be a good one. I just don't think Russell has enough balance in their offense to pull it out. Sheldon Clark gets another shot at Belfry in the second round with the same results. Belfry moves on to the region finals.

On the other side. I think Fleming County / Pike County Central should be a great game. Fleming is better than most give them credit for. I like the Panthers in this one. Either way Mason County moves on to the finals against Belfry.

Mason County / Belfry for the regional championship. I like the Pirates in this one. Mason County has the athletes but I don't believe thier defense will be able to stop the Belfry running game.
Pond creek nation Wrote:Belfry opponents wining percentage is more in the high 50s to low 60s, they played prestonsburg this year in week zero

I only did it based on actual wins... Belfry's two losses came to Ashland and Pburg who are a combined 17-1, thusfar the teams Belfry has played is 49-32, a 61% winning percentage.

Breathitt, OTOH, has lost to teams with a combined record of 33-12. Their opponents win percentage (excluding the forfeit) is 47-35, a 57% winning percentage.

So against a tougher schedule Belfry has undeiably compiled a better record thusfar.

Additionally, against teams with a winning record Belfry has outscored their opponents: 230-140, an average final score of 33-20. Breathitt, OTOH, has been outscored by teams with winning records 116-177. An average final score of 17-25 in favor of the opponent.

So, BobcatinPowell...go ahead and book that room for Bowling Green, it's clear Breathitt is the class of the East Big Grin
AandB Wrote:Think a lot of people are overlooking a team that really outplayd Belfry and dominated Sheldon Clark. Have to say It will be a great rematch for the region title between Belfry and PCC. Should be a great game if all is healthy.

They aren't overlooking them, the PC fans are here supporting them and everyone else just still isnt satisfied with what PC has done to consider them a legit region contendor
We "lost" 6-0 against SC and by 1 to P-burg.We are defending East champs and will be till someone can put us out.We can and will be there.Don't fear us and see what happens.