Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart 40 Dayton 33
final
Brossart goes to the playoffs for the first time. They scored 31 points in the fourth quarter to win:yikes:
WOW, 31 in one quarter... Details please....
dayton was winning 27-9 toward the end of the 3rd quarter. Dayton had a snap go over the punters head. Mustangs ball inside the 15. Got close to scoring at the end of the quarter then scored in early seconds of 4th quarter. Mustangs kicked an onside kick recovered scored quickly to make it a 27-23 game. the rest of the game was just wild and woolly. Anyone who was there could atest to being one of the most incredible 4th quarter.
I know with minutes left Dayton scores and then misses the extra point. Then Brossart marches down and scores then they miss the extra point so they were tied at 33. Then Brossart picked the ball off and took the ball down and scored with 15 sec left. They did all this without star running back Chris Bowman.
I was there and it was one of the best 4th quarters I have ever seen. It was unreal heartbreaking loss for Dayton but Brossart came back and never quit.
Another historic game for the Mustangs. Even after the game the players and fans didn't want to leave the field. Finally left with the stadium workers started to turn off the lights
It was one of them things where you just sit there and watch the players, parents, fans, and coaches on the field enjoying every moment.
Sounds like it was a classic matchup of 2 equal teans going at it.
Dayton 0 7 20 6–33
Brossart 6 3 0 31–40

BB–Butts 23 run (run failed)
BB–Morrison 33 FG
D–Lewis 30 pass from Schwierjohann (LeWallen kick)
D–Buchanan 42 run (LeWallen kick)
D–Buchanan 2 run (LeWallen kick)
D–Schwierjohann 33 interception return (kick failed)
BB– Brown 6 pass from Orth (Morrison kick)
BB–Butts 1 run (Shack pass from Orth)
BB–Morrison 36 FG
D–Buchanan 27 run (kick failed)
BB–Butts 2 run (kick failed)
BB–Butts 17 run (Morrison kick)
Records: BB 5-4, D 1-8

Kentucky.com
Timmy Butts rushed for four touchdowns, the final one giving Brossart the lead for good in its playoffs-clinching 40-33 victory over Dayton Saturday night.

The playoff berth is Brossart’s first in the three years of the football program’s existence.

Brossart will be the fourth seed in the area Class 1A district.

For Dayton, senior quarterback Patrick Schwierjohann had a big night.

He completed a 30-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Conner Lewis.
Then Schwierjohann returned an interception 33 yards for a score.

Brossart’s regular-season finale is Friday against Bethel-Tate. The Mustangs will open the playoffs Nov. 6 on the road.

Dayton’s season will end Friday at Carroll County.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...310240033/
If you'd have tried to tell me at the start of the season that Brossart would be a playoff team, I'd have walked away strangling on my own laughter to keep from laughing in your face.
Well, oops.
Pretty impressive stuff for a third year program, Mustangs. This has got to be turning some heads in the county. Hope it's the start of something big for you. Congratulations and be sure to enjoy it, no matter how far it goes.
:Cheerlead:worthy:
^ They have made a believer out of me. Especailly from what I had seen over the sumemr. Kudo's