Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's fans travel the best.
Well i can say that are fans will go anywhere they boys are playing, they are down a little this year, in the past it wouldnt surpise you to see more of our fans than the home teams.
I have to say that BELFRY[size=2] has to have one of the largest followings for being just a 2A school. [/size]

I do believe we outnumbered Middlesboro fans in 2003 at Middlesboro. As a matter of fact, we have outnumbered most of the fans of teams we have played over the years.

It's an awesome sight to look across the field at the "Sea of Red".:Cheerlead
Ashland has many many fans (including myself) who never miss a game for anything like I'm sure all teams do. We have a good following for all games and almost always outnumber the opposing team, just ask Boyd County this past week.
You're exactly right PP....I do think if we played a game in Hawaii our fans would be there......
I do have to give props to Belfry fans.. they are everywhere.. Never been to an ashland game so I can't say much for them..
I believe the Bell County Bobcats have the best fans in the mountains; there unbelevanle.
BelfryPride Wrote:You're exactly right PP....I do think if we played a game in Hawaii our fans would be there......

I would be there doing the Pirate Hula!!!!
sheldon clark has alot of fans that follows the team
Pirate Pal Wrote:I have to say that BELFRY[size=2] has to have one of the largest followings for being just a 2A school. [/size]

I do believe we outnumbered Middlesboro fans in 2003 at Middlesboro. As a matter of fact, we have outnumbered most of the fans of teams we have played over the years.

:thumb:

As far as P-burg's fans go, they always seem to outnumber the opponents fans. Except for Belfry that is, when we play them both towns are there.
Magoffin doesn't have a lot but I haven't missed a game this year.
Belfrys travel well
Mason County also travels well i will never forget a few years ago when they came to putnam and filled the place also Johnson Central has a good following along with the I-town Tigers
NCC always travels well for being a 1A school.
Belfry does for sure. P-burg did when we were good. Freakin' bandwagoneers. Smile
Lynn Camp Travels pretty will for a 1A school
Belfry,p-burg,and JC has the largest number of fans that travel.......
Prestonsburg traveled good always but this year some of the fans, have gave up on them. We didnt have alot of people at Senior night last friday to show respect for them boys. That really gets under my skin ! But maybe they will surprise me when they go to Middlesboro !

Belfry has the best traveling fans !
Prestonsburg has great fan support..
Seems like Belfry ALWAYS outnumbers the opponent:Cheerlead
ashland and Ironton always do. ironton fans may be fairweather but there never down enough to find out
I would have to say Ashland and Belfry. Ashland and Belfry brought at least 2000 fans combined to a scrimmage game this year at MSU. It was amazing.
Maybe a little biased but our fans load it up and come to the away games! Even had a ton of people come to gaes like South Laurel and, of course, Ashland.
Southwestern's fans often outnumber the home team.
:USAFlag: :USAFlag: :USAFlag:
I only got to see 3 of my son's games this year. (Not too bad considering I am stationed 6 hours away in Maryland.) Went to the LC, JC and BC games. The Ashland Fans either equaled or outnumbered the home fans at the LC and BC games and I believe it was near capacity during the APB vs JC game (even with the weather). Glad I was able to be there for all of them as they were all great games and the Defensive Play of the Tomcats was, in one word, phenomenal. Their defensive play has definetly been the KEY to Ashland's success this year.
Players can set and break all the offensive records on the books but, if your D isn't getting it done on the other side of the ball, setting those records would seem quite meaningless.... don't you think?

GO TOMCATS!!!
:USAFlag: :wenumber1 :USAFlag:
TomcatDad81 Wrote:
:USAFlag: :USAFlag: :USAFlag:

I only got to see 3 of my son's games this year. (Not too bad considering I am stationed 6 hours away in Maryland.) Went to the LC, JC and BC games. The Ashland Fans either equaled or outnumbered the home fans at the LC and BC games and I believe it was near capacity during the APB vs JC game (even with the weather). Glad I was able to be there for all of them as they were all great games and the Defensive Play of the Tomcats was, in one word, phenomenal. Their defensive play has definetly been the KEY to Ashland's success this year.
Players can set and break all the offensive records on the books but, if your D isn't getting it done on the other side of the ball, setting those records would seem quite meaningless.... don't you think?

GO TOMCATS!!!

:USAFlag: :wenumber1 :USAFlag:
Thats quite impressive making 3 games coming from Maryland:rock: Thats a good distance. But Im sure it's well worth it.
Highlands and CovCath ALWAYS travel large also....
Pirate Pal Wrote:I have to say that BELFRY[size=2] has to have one of the largest followings for being just a 2A school. [/size]

Belfry has a great fan base! I drove around 32 hours for the last three games of 2003!
pburg has pretty good fan support but this year it has went down
Russell travels well but back when I played I have to say that the Johns Creek fans traveled well. They usually left half way through the first quarter lmao. I would have to hitch a ride home even my parents would leave. On a serious note like I said Russell and Belfry always have a big following as does Pikeville. This goes back to what we said bout successful teams takes a good following.
My Junior and Senior year we had a big following at Pburg. But the people jumped on the bandwagon because we were good my senior year in 01. I can remember when we played Whitley County in 01, me and my friend let right after school and got there about 15 mins before the game started. There was only like students at that game that was in the "Good ole fan section" lol. It was me, Mr G. and da docta. lol I remember many times being louder than most other schools, and having a lot more student fans, raising all kinds of kane. BCF4L knows what im talking about, and i wish the students was as good of fans as we was back in the 00 and 01 days.

bc#1