Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset/Jackson Co. Canceled
Due to school cancelation.
are they gonna make this game up or is it gonna go as a win/forfeit thing??
I'm assuming H1N1?
Which team had to call it off?
goms33 Wrote:Which team had to call it off?

Jackson County. just saw it on the news that they cancelled school until next week
It's not like it was gonna be much of a game anyways.
It's odd that all the games that get canceled were going to be blowouts anyway.
I'm guessing if Somerset had some sickness they'd still be playing.
palmer Wrote:It's odd that all the games that get canceled were going to be blowouts anyway.
I'm guessing if Somerset had some sickness they'd still be playing.

Exactly what I am thinking.
I'm not 100% on this but I believe the superintendent has the final call on this matter and once the decision is made there can be no sporting events whatsoever. So if Somerset were forced to cancel school due to illness they wouldn't have a choice on whether they played or not. I just hope that the flu can stay out of Somerset for another month or two.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm not 100% on this but I believe the superintendent has the final call on this matter and once the decision is made there can be no sporting events whatsoever. So if Somerset were forced to cancel school due to illness they wouldn't have a choice on whether they played or not. I just hope that the flu can stay out of Somerset for another month or two.

I think you are correct. I also think its in some of the BOE policy's. But none the less its canceled. Both teams, I am sure could have used this game for different reasons!
I doubt JC's coach was disappointed with the cancelation.