Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Backfield in the Mountains
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Clark Rowe from Rackcastle County now has 1476 Rushing yards and 17 rushing TD's on the Season. He is just a Sophomore.
Indeed Rockcastle's Clark Rowe has been a sensation in the backfield for the Rock since Casey Hayes' depature. Clark will see the record books if he maintains good health and sticks to the ability most important of all.:1: go Clark, that was my jersey number there on the trophy.......lol
thought this was best BACK FIELD not RUNNING BACK,but BACKS,team,lol
I would put Lawrence Counties backfield against anyone in the mountains.
I know that Allen Central has not played the type of schedule that some of the previously mentioned teams have, but you have to give them a little credit. Allen Central is leading the entire state in rushing...not just class 1A...but the entire state. They have four pretty good backs with the Crowders, Justin Jackson and Mickey Parsons in the backfield. No, Allen Central is not going to beat these powerhouse teams head to head, but we're not talking about better teams, we are just talking about the top backfields in the mountains.
Batpuff Wrote:Well Lawrence should be ahead of P-Burg they have out rushed them by about 700 plus yards.

LC has a weaker schedule.

LC should probably be ahead of SV.
Shelby Valley has a very solid backfield with major talent
DIllon Hughes has speed and isn't afraid to lower his head and run over someone
BJ Roberts is a triple threat with speed, power, and agility
Tanner Tackett is an ox, he is very hard to take down
Cody Varney has had an excellent year running the ball
LC backfield is the best overall in the area I think, I have seen SC and SV and others but LC is better.
Quote:LC backfield is the best overall in the area I think, I have seen SC and SV and others but LC is better.

What about the BOBCATS
Carton
both Davenports
Hilton
Raines
maybe some people will have to learn the hard way
The best individual back would have to be the kid from Bell #23? he is only a soph. Can someone from Bell give his stats. The fastest kid I've seen in the mountains in a long time.
I watched him out run everone from Alcoa, then he blistered us on our field. He will be very special in time.
redstorm Wrote:The best individual back would have to be the kid from Bell #23? he is only a soph. Can someone from Bell give his stats. The fastest kid I've seen in the mountains in a long time.
I watched him out run everone from Alcoa, then he blistered us on our field. He will be very special in time.

That would be Cory Davenport for Bell CO. I don't know his stats but I do know he is carrying the ball just 12-13 times a game for 140+ every night that I have seen in the paper and in the news. He ran through, around and over our defense like they were non-exsistent. He is very special. :worthy:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:What about the BOBCATS
Carton
both Davenports
Hilton
Raines
maybe some people will have to learn the hard way

I think he was referring to our region of the mountains (Louisa). Not many around here has seen the Bobcats. I'm sure they are great because they're ranked at the top of 4a.
I'm sure the Bell fans will say Bell and the Lawrence fans will say Lawrence, but this outsider says Bell easily.
ScottsvillePatriot Wrote:I'm sure the Bell fans will say Bell and the Lawrence fans will say Lawrence, but this outsider says Bell easily.

I would think you are right.

However statistically it looks like Lawrence would have more rushing yards (I don't think Bell reports theres to KHSAA).

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2009/stats.htm