Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 2009/2010
Gald to see that Kidd has come back to Allen Central, with her they will be more competitive but how much only time will tell. With everyone back and a transfer from Huntington, Sheldon Clark is the team to beat but best of luck to the Lady Rebels.
Any truth to the rumor that she has convinced Shepherd to come back to AC.
I heard not
justafan1 Wrote:What does the boys basketball coach have to do with 3 girls from AC leaving?? All he has ever wanted is to see those girls improve and succeed. JEALOUSY doesn't get a basketball program anywhere. Instead of putting the blame on the boys coach you should look at the success of the girls basketball program last year and then wonder why these 3 girls are leaving. People need to grow up and quit blaming everyone else for the problems of these programs.
I would say there is something very strange going on there. I heard he was having private practice with those three girls. and now they are gone. As bad as his team is he should be having extra practice with the boys. If this was anywhere else other than Floyd county, you better believe the school board would be investigating . Just like last year when he forced three boys of the team
Just A Fan 1 Wrote:I know Mark Martin and I never knew he was this kind of person. There are all kinds of things you can do as a boys coach to undermine another coach and their team. It doesn't take much and Mark should know this with him being a coach. Mark if you had anything to do to start this mess then you need to step up to the plate and be the person I thought you were, and try to make this right. You are a better person than this. You should be trying to keep peace among the other sports programs at the school. If you started this mess then you can help put an end to it. If these girls think so much of you then why don't you go talk with them and their parents and try to help out instead of putting in between them and their coach. The only ones that win and benefit in this situation is the other schools and coaches that are recruiting your schools players. AC principal needs to get control of this situation. Sounds like it is totally out of control. If this many of your players are leaving to go to other schools then maybe the administration needs to take a serious look at doing something about the situation.
Well, you obviously don't know Mark at all. He thinks he should do whatever he wants to , and for some reason Sis lets him. That is whats wrong with the boys and girls program.
justafan1 Wrote:Again, why does Mark Martin always have to be the issue here?? We are talking about the girls program not the boys...GET OVER IT!! Sounds like there is some jealousy here.
Why is Mark having private practice with 3 girls?
get a life old wasp i mean really...
the old WASP Wrote:Why is Mark having private practice with 3 girls?

There was no 'private' practice with three girls. As posted previously, one of the girls' father was an assistant coach with the boys' team and the daughter and a friend would shoot on one end of the gym while the boys practiced on the other end or would use the court when the boys took a water break. What are you trying to insinuate? You really need to move on, quit using Allen Central kids as a means to further your vendetta against Coach Mark Martin.
Joe Friday Wrote:There was no 'private' practice with three girls. As posted previously, one of the girls' father was an assistant coach with the boys' team and the daughter and a friend would shoot on one end of the gym while the boys practiced on the other end or would use the court when the boys took a water break. What are you trying to insinuate? You really need to move on, quit using Allen Central kids as a means to further your vendetta against Coach Mark Martin.

Amen Joe Friday!! Couldn't have said it better!
I heard that there may be other players joining the team this year.
we need to focus on the team for this year and let the past go. who does AC girls have this year?
i know that they have sarah kinney an jaimie mullins, logan cline, erica,mabey katlin kidd if all her things get worked out.. an that all i know for now..
canudiggit Wrote:I heard that there may be other players joining the team this year.

Do you have any names?
she is back and they are going to have more players than u think!
canudiggit Wrote:she is back and they are going to have more players than u think!

A team can have all the players they want but if the players aren't talented that team still won't be competitive. Do any of the players you are speaking of have names? Caitlyn Kidd is a pretty good player but she won't make AC that much better without some help.
well she does have help like sarah kinney, jaimie mullins, logan cline, an erica moore so there is helpp.. believe that..
Catlin Kidd can't play because she played varsity volleyball for Prestonsburg and she has to sit out until next year. That is a KHSAA rule and if they find out Allen Central will have to forfiet all their games she plays in this year.
horseman Wrote:Catlin Kidd can't play because she played varsity volleyball for Prestonsburg and she has to sit out until next year. That is a KHSAA rule and if they find out Allen Central will have to forfiet all their games she plays in this year.

her papers.. did not say she played in any game so idk... looks all a go to me
rebelgirl_09 Wrote:her papers.. did not say she played in any game so idk... looks all a go to me

I watched P-burg play Volleyball a few times this year and didn't see her play any Varsity time.

But that wouldnt apply to Basketball, even if she did would it?
uhavenoidea Wrote:I watched P-burg play Volleyball a few times this year and didn't see her play any Varsity time.

Bylaw 6. Transfer rule states that once enrolled in 9th grade and play any varsity sport and then transfer that they are ineligible at any level (Freshman, JV or Varisty) for any sport for one year from the date they enroll in the new school.
cart man Wrote:Bylaw 6. Transfer rule states that once enrolled in 9th grade and play any varsity sport and then transfer that they are ineligible at any level (Freshman, JV or Varisty) for any sport for one year from the date they enroll in the new school.

Yeah, I knew all that.

Unless a change of address, divorce, death, etc.
uhavenoidea Wrote:I watched P-burg play Volleyball a few times this year and didn't see her play any Varsity time.

I was just saying that it would apply to basketball.
cart man Wrote:I was just saying that it would apply to basketball.

Thats why I asked the question, instead of saying, No it doesnt apply to basketball.
Whoever did the paper must of let that slide because she played against Maggoffin Co. I know for sure. It has nothing to do with me but if the shoe was on the other foot I know Allen Central would not do the same by saying she didn't play in any varsity sport. I will leave it at that.
Momma Madea Wrote:I know nothing about this situation, just what I have read here and some "hearsay" but here are my thoghts:

1) Mark Martin is a SNAKE and is not the type of person who would want his successor (Tiffany Turner) to be successful. He has a HUGE ego so I am sure he did everything he could to undermine Turner and keeps that team in turmoil and keep the impressionable young players "worshipping" him.
2) Hancock seems to be a good guy and good coach. Probably hard for him to assist a novice young coach though.
3) Jones is moving due to proximity to Dad's job. Paintsville is a good school so she will be much better off academically and their team is usually pretty good, better than AC.
4) Shephard & Kidd are entering 9th grade and can go anywhere. Not sre either is making a good choice...............
5) Shepherd lives a long way from JC from what I am told, but it is much better academically. However, JC is rebuilding with a coach with even less experience than the one she is leaving and the Wireman era is OVER.......
6)Kidd is the one that is hardest to figure. They are terrible now and will be still be bad 3-4 years from now. They have nothing to go with her. Prestonsburg is not a step up academically either. What are they thinking???

Looks like Jones made the best decision. Regional championship game and all tournament team in her senior season.