Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd vs Belfry
South Floyd spoils Belfry's senior night with a Win in 3 sets, not sure of the scores.
FIRST GAME BELFRY 25 SOUTH FLOYD 20; SECND GAME SOUTH FLOYD 27
BELFRY 25; THIRD GAME SOUTH FLOYD 25 BELFRY 21 ALL IN ALL A VERY GOOD MATCH. BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD AND SMART. THE 15TH REGIONAL TOURNAMENT IS GOING TO BE FUN TO WATCH. COME EARLY AND ENJOY A GOOD SHOW.:Thumbs:
Good win by the RAIDERS at a very difficult place to play. The 15Th reigonal tournament is going to be fun to watch this year.:Clap:
Agree, should be a fan's feast on volleyball. Good luck to both in the tourney! The teams that pass the ball consistently and minimize errors will win in such a closley packed field.
Where are all the Belfry posters, enlighten the rest of us as to what may have happened. Did they have another off night?, Was it a line judge's call that decided the games?, Did they have 3 or 4 starters out? Help us out.
TRUBLX3 Wrote:Where are all the Belfry posters, enlighten the rest of us as to what may have happened. Did they have another off night?, Was it a line judge's call that decided the games?, Did they have 3 or 4 starters out? Help us out.

There's on thing worse than a sore loser....a sore winner! Take your win back to Floyd Co and enjoy it. But until you an win when it really counts, ie. Regional Tournament, don't try stirring stuff up.

By the way....Congratulations to the Lady Raiders! The team that deserved to win, not the better team, won. The Lady Raiders just wanted it more than the Lady Pirates. South Floyd is very talented and well-coached.
TRUBLX3 Wrote:Where are all the Belfry posters, enlighten the rest of us as to what may have happened. Did they have another off night?, Was it a line judge's call that decided the games?, Did they have 3 or 4 starters out? Help us out.

IMOA, I think they are missing Rick Mounts. They have the talent to win regional, but i dont think they have the Coaching Staff to take them to the next level!
longhair33 Wrote:IMOA, I think they are missing Rick Mounts. They have the talent to win regional, but i dont think they have the Coaching Staff to take them to the next level!

I hope you're wrong, but it is looking like you may be right.
ImagineThat! Wrote:There's on thing worse than a sore loser....a sore winner! Take your win back to Floyd Co and enjoy it. But until you an win when it really counts, ie. Regional Tournament, don't try stirring stuff up.

By the way....Congratulations to the Lady Raiders! The team that deserved to win, not the better team, won. The Lady Raiders just wanted it more than the Lady Pirates. South Floyd is very talented and well-coached.

Let me recount...in regular season the Raiders 2 the Pirates 0. How can you say the better team did not win? I will give you each game cannot go back and look at the past w/l come tourny time. Every game is different from the last, but really give the Lady Raiders credit when credit is due. Sore winner? I have never been a sore winner and i dont think anyone would ever admit to being a sore winner, is there such a thing? But really the Pirates cried about the line judge at SF with the loss, now whats the reason for your loss at Belfry? Did you have the same line judges? Could it be the better team in your eyes did not win?, LOL. Great game Lady Raiders...:Clap:BTW from my understanding, BL was cheering against the Raiders???. Go figure. I always thought district teams stuck together, but i guess when you are not sure of your team...you cheer for anyone else to beat the better ones that scare you. :yikes::popcorn:
Colonels Fan Wrote:Let me recount...in regular season the Raiders 2 the Pirates 0. How can you say the better team did not win? I will give you each game cannot go back and look at the past w/l come tourny time. Every game is different from the last, but really give the Lady Raiders credit when credit is due. Sore winner? I have never been a sore winner and i dont think anyone would ever admit to being a sore winner, is there such a thing? But really the Pirates cried about the line judge at SF with the loss, now whats the reason for your loss at Belfry? Did you have the same line judges? Could it be the better team in your eyes did not win?, LOL. Great game Lady Raiders...:Clap:BTW from my understanding, BL was cheering against the Raiders???. Go figure. I always thought district teams stuck together, but i guess when you are not sure of your team...you cheer for anyone else to beat the better ones that scare you. :yikes::popcorn:

First of all, if you do not understand what a sore winner is, then I will try to explain. You wouldn't understand anyway.

Second, unless you have two screen names (a rule violation), I did not call you a sore winner. I was quoting TRUBLX3, who was trying to stir stuff up.

Third, Belfry did not credit the first loss to the line judge. They did mention some bad calls, but did not say that was the reason they lost. They were more upset at the line judge's behavior, ie. coming into the stands to confront a Belfry fan.

Fourth, I will rephrase my comment. The most talented team did not win. South Floyd was better prepared (coaching) and appeared to want it more. They deserved to win. If I remember correctly, I made these statements.

So, get over yourself.

Best of luck to both South Floyd's and Betsy Layne's girls on Tuesday. From talking to memebers of both teams Thursday they seem to be really good kids. I understand that the girls cannot help how the fans act and what they say.
:eyeroll::thatsfunn
Whats your problem?Two great teams played one won and the other one lost. It was a great game.why try to get on here a start stuff. GROW UP!! The line judge at SF showed his self by coming up in the stands trying to start a fight with a fan. I don't care what school your from that is just childish and getting on here trying to start stuff is to. Let SF enjoy there win and Belfry regroup. and Betsy Layne can cheer for who ever they want LOL God Grow up and I believe Belfry Beat SF in a pre season game I know that don't count on the record but they did. So stop acting stupid.
all i can say is...... lol
Pre-season counts for nothing. Go and ask any player, fan, or coach what their pre-season record was one or two years ago and 9 times out of ten you'll get the answer, I cant remember. Who cares about the pre-season, it's just to get teams ready for the offical season. SF is 2-0 against Belfry and from what I have read on here the Belfry fans are just in denial that SF is the better team out of the two. Oh and by the way, Im wondering myself what a sore winner is? From the looks of it, Imaginethat, doesn't know what one is him/her self seeing how they couldn't give a definition for one.
Maybe it was a typo and should have been 'sore whiner' instead of sore winner.
Like I said (I know it does not count on the record) read the post before you reply.
JackFrost Wrote:Pre-season counts for nothing. Go and ask any player, fan, or coach what their pre-season record was one or two years ago and 9 times out of ten you'll get the answer, I cant remember. Who cares about the pre-season, it's just to get teams ready for the offical season. SF is 2-0 against Belfry and from what I have read on here the Belfry fans are just in denial that SF is the better team out of the two. Oh and by the way, Im wondering myself what a sore winner is? From the looks of it, Imaginethat, doesn't know what one is him/her self seeing how they couldn't give a definition for one.

I hate to break this to everyone, but it wasn't pre-season. It was the Prestonsburg Invitational. It doesn't matter either way though. It is tournament time, when you win or go home. So, really, none of the three games matter now.
First of all, I feel that I owe the South Floyd girls an apology. Although I stated what I felt about the better team not winning, I should have kept that thought to myself. I took away from the young ladies' hard fought victory. For that I am sorry.

Now for the "sore winners" on here.

A sore winner is someone that cannot win with humility and/or humbleness. It is someone that gloats or brags too much about his/her accomplishments. A sore winner is someone that attacks the opponents after a win. A sore winner often demonstrates classless acts, often crossing the fine line between showing pride for your team and boastfulness.

This often occurs with someone that is not used to winning or in this case winning a big game.

This is in no way directed to the young ladies that played the game. They acted very well. The girls and coaches acted in a way that would make the school and area proud. Many times the fans and/or parents could learn a lot from the kids/players.