Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toughest Places to play
What do you think are the toughest places in the state to get a W. Also add who has the best hospitality and the most insane fans.

Toughest- PBurg we can't win there
Best Hospitality- JCHS Man they have good food and the fans are generally pretty cool.
Craziest Fans- PBurg again they can get pretty insane
Belfry
Russell
Toughest place to play-Log Mountain
Most Hospitality-North Laurel
Craziest Fans-Perry Central, Can be a little mean at times..but get in the visiting teams heads
my vote goes to log mountian the names just intimadateing ive never been. boyle county reminds me of those guys that wear the gold helmets in indiana with there titles listed and rock facade and collage level press box. its intimadateing. but best memory i have is from there. son forced and recovered a fumble his first play ever as a sixth grader. something ill never forget. he dont give a **** lol but he,s not a dad lol.
Ashland's Putnam Stadium always full of fans and they are right on top of you.
Bell County's Log Mountain has to Number one.
Ashland's Putnam Stadium Fills like a small college stadium the way it horse shoes around the field.
Rebel stadium in boyle county is allways a hard place to play at.
anyone got a picture of putman stadium in ashland. I go to ashland quite a bit but my fiance never has taken me down or close to it.
Ashland Putnam Stadium. i am looking for a better shot
Here is some more from ashland
I say Belfry
Putnam, Cam, Letcher Central..
belfry-pikeville now.but back when iused to play we didnt have the nice fields like they have now.i remember playing over at places like Mcdowell,wheelright.these fields had rocks,gravels,ants,yellowjackets not alot of fans but tough places to play.
I wonder which team has the most wins at Bell County.

It could be Rockcastle County.
Cawood won there twice.
palmer Wrote:I wonder which team has the most wins at Bell County.

It could be Rockcastle County.
Cawood won there twice.

I know Rockcastle is the only team to ever shut out bell on Log mountain. i dont know how many wins they have there i would say its around 4
king360 Wrote:Toughest place to play-Log Mountain

Highlands doesn't seem to think so. :eyeroll::biggrin:
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I know Rockcastle is the only team to ever shut out bell on Log mountain. i dont know how many wins they have there i would say its around 4

That is one of my favorite stats for Rockcastle's history...my how the defense has fallen since then:yikes:
Can you dig it? Wrote:Highlands doesn't seem to think so. :eyeroll::biggrin:

We gave the blue birds all they wanted on log mountain in 2004 playoff game. We actually won by forfeit 1-0. but of course everyone knows the story about this.:Clap: Bell and Rockcastle County may be the only mountain teams to be able to beat and play up with those pesky blue birds! Well Johnson Central played highlands tough last year too.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I know Rockcastle is the only team to ever shut out bell on Log mountain. i dont know how many wins they have there i would say its around 4

Belfry did it in 95.
What about Rockcastle County? I seem to remember a game on Nov. 29th. 2002.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Highlands doesn't seem to think so. :eyeroll::biggrin:
why do you say that they had to use a ineligable player to win on log moutain the last time they played there..........

Log mountain toughest palce to play IMO
logmountainboy64 Wrote:why do you say that they had to use a ineligable player to win on log moutain the last time they played there..........

Log mountain toughest palce to play IMO

Yes I agree
Rebel55 Wrote:What about Rockcastle County? I seem to remember a game on Nov. 29th. 2002.

That was the night Rockcastle beat Highlands 45-6 in the state Semi Finals.

Belfry shut them out 7-0 in the playoffs in 1995.
Well, many wouldn't agree with me at this present time, but I do remember a time when Lawrence County was a tough place to play.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry shut them out 7-0 in the playoffs in 1995.
was it at bell. I didnt know that. I stand corrected. So is it just Rock & Belfry.
ol'dad07 Wrote:Well, many wouldn't agree with me at this present time, but I do remember a time when Lawrence County was a tough place to play.

why not. the are still undefeated this year.
For my money:
1. Highlands- Ask Cincy St. X how hard it is to go to Highlands and win
2. Bell County
3. Ashland
4. Russell
5. Boyle County
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:was it at bell. I didnt know that. I stand corrected. So is it just Rock & Belfry.

Yes, Belfry won on a touchdown pass with under a minute to go to break a scoreless tie and set up a rematch with Tim Couch his Senior season.
bac2369 Wrote:anyone got a picture of putman stadium in ashland. I go to ashland quite a bit but my fiance never has taken me down or close to it.

Here are a couple one on the left is from this year. Man I love that old place!