Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-10 Floyd county
How good is Floyd county teams this year.
I would rank the teams like this

Betsy Layne
Allen Central
Adams
South Floyd
Allen
Wesley
Stumbo
I owuld say you're right , my opinion.
:Thumbs:
Gonna be weird not playing MCA this year.
007xxx Wrote:I owuld say you're right , my opinion.
:Thumbs:

Well thats my general assumption for now. When I see some of the teams play, I can give a better ranking.
With or without all the players they had last year, I would still have to say BL would be the best!
excyter21 Wrote:With or without all the players they had last year, I would still have to say BL would be the best!

Without a doubt
Handshoe is good, but what else will AC have this year?
lugnut Wrote:Handshoe is good, but what else will AC have this year?

Mason Nelson, The twins (not sure of there names) Corey Thornsberry, and another kid that transfered from SF. All good players.
lugnut Wrote:Handshoe is good, but what else will AC have this year?
They have ten or more good players.
Corey Thornsbury (sf)
Junior Hanshoe
Dillon
Daulton
Zac Hall (sf)
Cameron Hamilton
Mason nelson
Tyler Halbert
Austin Salisburry
Tyler Dean
Jeremy
few more dont really know all thier names sorry if forgot just add name to list
i would rank floyd county like this
betsy layne:1:
allen central
adams
wesley
south floyd
allen
stumbo

i still dont count out allen they have promise to be a third ranked team it just depends on coaching and confidence,also heard that there was talk about tyler daniels leaving south floyd is this true, also wesley could be a good team with the addition of the two mca players the ison boy not sure of first name and matt kidd
well thats whhat i heard, we will just wait and see what happens:popcorn:
cavs23 Wrote:well thats whhat i heard, we will just wait and see what happens:popcorn:
If he smart he'll go some where , going from a winning team like Bestylayne to South Floyd
you better get use to a different place, they don't even recognize the teams that where runners up in C & B teams last year, not a banner or any thing because its not as important teachers kids, he'll see.
should be some great games this year and its just around the corner.
i think that there is a player on the AC b team that has alot of potential , his name is STEVEN BENTLEY he has made atleast 3 touchdowns every game this year , and has made numerous tackles on every game , he is a 6 th grader he will be on A team next year , i dont think that we need to overlook any player . on B or C they are all ac players to , they just are not on the A team yet . this B team player is a standout . he is someone that the A team can look forward to having next year. go rebles
I think this is forum is for basketball however I agree.
reblerooster Wrote:i think that there is a player on the AC b team that has alot of potential , his name is STEVEN BENTLEY he has made atleast 3 touchdowns every game this year , and has made numerous tackles on every game , he is a 6 th grader he will be on A team next year , i dont think that we need to overlook any player . on B or C they are all ac players to , they just are not on the A team yet . this B team player is a standout . he is someone that the A team can look forward to having next year. go rebles
yeah this is basketball you're in the wrong thread,sry
reblerooster Wrote:i think that there is a player on the AC b team that has alot of potential , his name is STEVEN BENTLEY he has made atleast 3 touchdowns every game this year , and has made numerous tackles on every game , he is a 6 th grader he will be on A team next year , i dont think that we need to overlook any player . on B or C they are all ac players to , they just are not on the A team yet . this B team player is a standout . he is someone that the A team can look forward to having next year. go rebles
does steven even play basketball
i beleave that this will be the order

1.B.L
2.Allen cent.
3.Allen
4.Adams
5.S.F
6.Westly
7.Stumbo
Eagles #22 Wrote:i beleave that this will be the order

1.B.L
2.Allen cent.
3.Allen
4.Adams
5.S.F
6.Westly
7.Stumbo

As of now, Allen has too many question marks, to be ranked that high. Believe me, it is very possible for them to be 3rd this year, and i'd give anything to see them be great, but as of now, I don't see how anyone could rank em that high. But make no mistake, this WILL NOT be the same Allen that you all are accustom to seeing. This team has some really good players, and alot of confidence going into this season. Good luck Eagles.
What happen to the 6'10" kid from S. Floyd? I believe he was an eighth grader in 2004?
Zonaboy Wrote:What happen to the 6'10" kid from S. Floyd? I believe he was an eighth grader in 2004?

He went to high school at Pikeville for 3 years, then transferred to Shelby Valley for his senior season. He is listed on the Alice Lloyd College roster for this season.
Good for him! A free education is what it is all about!!!
I believe this will be an interesting year of basketball.
uhavenoidea Wrote:He just went to South Floyd, so he could atleast be around a High School that has won a regional of some sort or a district, in the past 17 or so years.
Yeah, BL usually has a strong middle school program, but when they get in HS they peter out.

Only a few of BL's players will actually see varsity time in HS.

Hamilton, Hall, Case, Rogers, and Jarrell.

The rest won't make it, or just won't get to play.

Not being mean, it's just the truth.

Take Adkins, Maldonado and Martin for example. off that team, only these 3 get to play.

:Thumbs: Couldn t agree more ! BUT ! Bobcats this is great motovational material 17 years ? WOW ! Man up and put an end to this ! Good luck to all of the teams ! TongueirateSho
"As of now, Allen has too many question marks, to be ranked that high. Believe me, it is very possible for them to be 3rd this year, and i'd give anything to see them be great, but as of now, I don't see how anyone could rank em that high. But make no mistake, this WILL NOT be the same Allen that you all are accustom to seeing. This team has some really good players, and alot of confidence going into this season. Good luck Eagles."

Yes i aggre but Tibbs, mullins, and dillon have alot of talent and they finaly have a good coach that knows what he is doing to make there talents show...
Eagle #22 Wrote:"As of now, Allen has too many question marks, to be ranked that high. Believe me, it is very possible for them to be 3rd this year, and i'd give anything to see them be great, but as of now, I don't see how anyone could rank em that high. But make no mistake, this WILL NOT be the same Allen that you all are accustom to seeing. This team has some really good players, and alot of confidence going into this season. Good luck Eagles."

Yes i aggre but Tibbs, mullins, and dillon have alot of talent and they finaly have a good coach that knows what he is doing to make there talents show...

We'll see. Like I stated in my last post, I believe you all will be much improved, that much is for certain. Anyway, Good luck dude, and go out there and show ppl that you all can do it, don't just talk it on BGR.
Allen has no chance of finishing 3rd. I have watched these grade school teams for years now, and i just don't see it. No one will touch betsy layne. Allen central, south floyd, and adams will finish 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, maybe not in that order. Then comes the rest of the pack, wesley, allen, and stumbo. The only hope for these 3 is to not finish last. A last place finish means a first round lost to betsy layne in the tourney. Nice try braxton, but just remember. When your pointing a finger at someone, there are 3 pointing back at ya.
thank you for your opinion.
bullets4 Wrote:Allen has no chance of finishing 3rd. I have watched these grade school teams for years now, and i just don't see it. No one will touch betsy layne. Allen central, south floyd, and adams will finish 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, maybe not in that order. Then comes the rest of the pack, wesley, allen, and stumbo. The only hope for these 3 is to not finish last. A last place finish means a first round lost to betsy layne in the tourney. Nice try braxton, but just remember. When your pointing a finger at someone, there are 3 pointing back at ya.

Its gonna be alot closer than you think. Allen may or may not finish 3rd, but they'll be competing with these teams, more than ever before.