Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
58.33%
Knox Central
41.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County @ Knox Central 10/9
Got to watch a Varsity game on Thursday last night. I traveled up to watch the "Rock" last night. I was very surprised at what I saw. They are a very good team with a good OL and 2 nice RB's.

Now after seeing Rock I think next weeks game will be the most important game of the year for KC. It will take a HUGE effort for KC to win against a very good Rock team. This game will be for 2nd place in the district and a home playoff game. :Clap:
It depends if Knox comes out healthy after the Bell game. It will be tough on Knox trying to get ready for Rock after the Bell game. If Knox puts all there eggs in tonights game. WIll lose next week.
Knox 35
Rock 28

Assuming no major injuries at Bell tonight.
I know Rock will be ready b/c this game means you on the road or at home in the first round. The winner will host Greenup/Boyd the loser will go to Rowan/Lawerence. Lots to play for.

I will guarantee the Rock coaches will be at Bell tonight scouting KC.
Right now I would say Rock is a heavy favorite.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Right now I would say Rock is a heavy favorite.
Imagine that...
Football1 Wrote:Imagine that...

No I don't imagine I know. :eyeroll:

Rock returns a large number of starters, has more speed and is a better team overall than Knox. I hope KC wins just b/c of Coach Mills only!!! But they will not. I predict Rock will win by 21+.
Rock should be favored but it will be very, very close. I would be suprised if it will be more than a TD either way. After all it is at Knox.
Knox Central
kmba32 Wrote:Knox Central

I hope but it will be a tough mountain to climb. Rock returns twice the starters we do and we only won by 2 last year!!!!!
This will be a great game. I don't know about Rock being the favorite. They have lost 2 of their last 3 games. Yes they beat a district "rival" but they were HEAVILY favored.

I predict that Rock wins by either 6,7, or 8 points IF THEY PLAY A COMPLETE 4 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL. If they do not, they will lose by 14+. Rockcastle has been well known to take an entire quarter of "Lolly-gaggin" (usually the second quarter).

I have not seen Knox play this season, (wish I could be at the Bell-Knox game), but Coach Mills will NOT let them overlook this game, they will be fired up, as will the Rock. I believe this will be one of the best games of the year in 4A mountain football.
I hope Rock beats them 50
Lets not talk about this game untill after Knox Central and Bell game tonight. Big Grin
Also, a VERY important factor is:
Knox will be playing Bell County tonight and have to turn around and play Rockcastle in 7 days.
Rock just gone done thrashing Madison Southern and will have 8 days of rest, continued healing from the Bell game and preparation.

Rock had a few guys banged up after Bell that did not play to their full potential in the Madison Southern game. (Bishop's leg was still hurt, Jamie Todd was a little slow, a few of the linemen were a little bruised, etc...)

I am sure that Muney and other Knox Central fans and players can understand the soreness after a game against Bell County and the fact that normally you are not at 100% the next week.

That will be a huge factor!
I think so also LWC. In the past it was the other way around. Rock would play Bell then turn around the next week and play Knox. Now the tides are turned. I think that will play heavily into Rock's favor.
OK 55.... I hope Rock beats them 60
Snare43 Wrote:OK 55.... I hope Rock beats them 60

Thanks for the enthusiasm, but I don't think Rock is THAT good :biggrin:
lwc Wrote:Also, a VERY important factor is:
Knox will be playing Bell County tonight and have to turn around and play Rockcastle in 7 days.
Rock just gone done thrashing Madison Southern and will have 8 days of rest, continued healing from the Bell game and preparation.

Rock had a few guys banged up after Bell that did not play to their full potential in the Madison Southern game. (Bishop's leg was still hurt, Jamie Todd was a little slow, a few of the linemen were a little bruised, etc...)

I am sure that Muney and other Knox Central fans and players can understand the soreness after a game against Bell County and the fact that normally you are not at 100% the next week.

That will be a huge factor!

I hope they come away injury free tonight. its never good to see kids hurt. the only Rock player as of now that will be out for next week is Junior lineman Dylan Thacker. He has a fractured shoulder and will be out for 2 more weeks.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I hope they come away injury free tonight. its never good to see kids hurt. the only Rock player as of now that will be out for next week is Junior lineman Dylan Thacker. He has a fractured shoulder and will be out for 2 more weeks.

I was meaning the bumps, bruises, flu, etc... the eight days will hopefully allow Rock to go from an overall 85% to 100% because we will need every ounce of strength, speed and heart to beat a quality Knox Central team.
Knox will come out injury free. You usually don't get hurt diving at the knees of the other team.
Snare43 Wrote:Knox will come out injury free. You usually don't get hurt diving at the knees of the other team.

Confusedhh: :flame:

For kc to be so irrelivant you from bell sure do spend alot of time on their threads
This should be a great game with a home playoff game on the line. both teams seemed to be evenly matched i am going to say
Rock 27 - Knox 14
how is knox looking after the bell game. will every one be at 100% for this weeks game
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:This should be a great game with a home playoff game on the line. both teams seemed to be evenly matched i am going to say
Rock 27 - Knox 14

After losing to Rowan County last night 29-28, we probaly get the 3rd seed here at Greenup County, we played Rock at our place last year, and they took care of business, we have a young team with only 9 seniors, with 4 starting, we are very green.:biggrin:
old warrior Wrote:After losing to Rowan County last night 29-28, we probaly get the 3rd seed here at Greenup County, we played Rock at our place last year, and they took care of business, we have a young team with only 9 seniors, with 4 starting, we are very green.:biggrin:

Young....but talented I am sure.
Knox by 10

if rock beats kc by 50 go haead and give them the state championship. :lmao:
the dark wizard Wrote:if rock beats kc by 50 go haead and give them the state championship. :lmao:
I dont think rock will win by a margin of that sorts. maybe a td or two
Rock will win in a low scoring game. Bell's game with KC should and could have been much worse but Bell called off the dogs in the 2nd half.