Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard Bulldogs
65.52%
Breathitt County Bobcats
34.48%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Breathitt County 10/2
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I thought Channing lived is Lost Creek? That is not Hazard.

This is an example of what I mean Bull. I had a friend recently tell me that if Channing had went to Hazard he would have had a better offensive line for the last four years. That is pure B.S. When was the last time Hazard had a 3000 yard rusher? Never and people from this area or should I say "Hick White Trash" from this area can not stand to see someone do well unless it is one of their own and they even put their own down if they do too good. Can not wait until I move to Lextown and get away from the white trash in southeastern, Ky. By the way I am from the great state of Ohio and we know great talent when we see it. :flame:

WAR BOBCATS!!!!

The bulldogs are going to look like a BOBCAT had a hold of them after Friday night!
Flashman Wrote:This is an example of what I mean Bull. I had a friend recently tell me that if Channing had went to Hazard he would have had a better offensive line for the last four years. That is pure B.S. When was the last time Hazard had a 3000 yard rusher? Never and people from this area or should I say "Hick White Trash" from this area can not stand to see someone do well unless it is one of their own and they even put their own down if they do too good. Can not wait until I move to Lextown and get away from the white trash in southeastern, Ky. By the way I am from the great state of Ohio and we know great talent when we see it. :flame:

WAR BOBCATS!!!!

The bulldogs are going to look like a BOBCAT had a hold of them after Friday night!
I moved out 3+ years ago and love it in Central Kentucky. As you have seen there and on this site, they do "eat their own" and have a problem giving credit. There are some good people in the Mountains also, so I would not label all people as you did, but I understand your frustration because everyone thinks they know everything and can not be told otherwise.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I moved out 3+ years ago and love it in Central Kentucky. As you have seen there and on this site, they do "eat their own" and have a problem giving credit. There are some good people in the Mountains also, so I would not label all people as you did, but I understand your frustration because everyone thinks they know everything and can not be told otherwise.

You are right and I do apologize to any of the good people that do live in the mountains and I will be more careful in what I say from now on. It just pees me off to see a young man work so hard and do as well as someone like Fugate and then be lied about. Someone spread rumors that he only scored a 10 or a really low score on the ACT and was not smart enough to go to college when the kid really scored a 23 composite. That is quite brainy actually for an 18 year old athlete. The PCC crowd was heckling him during that game saying something about his ACT score. There have also been people saying that Tennessee is going to pull their scholarship offer due to Breathitt's play so far this season as if they have been talking to the Tennessee coaching staff.
Breathitt wins in a tight one.
Flashman Wrote:You are right and I do apologize to any of the good people that do live in the mountains and I will be more careful in what I say from now on. It just pees me off to see a young man work so hard and do as well as someone like Fugate and then be lied about. Someone spread rumors that he only scored a 10 or a really low score on the ACT and was not smart enough to go to college when the kid really scored a 23 composite. That is quite brainy actually for an 18 year old athlete. The PCC crowd was heckling him during that game saying something about his ACT score. There have also been people saying that Tennessee is going to pull their scholarship offer due to Breathitt's play so far this season as if they have been talking to the Tennessee coaching staff.
You have to take into consideration that many posters have no idea what they are talking about. Few if none have any talent evaluation experience at the D1 level and they all want their 5'9 175 pound RB that makes a 16 on their ACT to make it big. Do not get upset if irrational posts come out of a public site, because there are a lot of irrational people in this world and to expect anything other than the worst from people is just a set up to be let down.

Hazard big time if Breathitt doesnt get thier defense together.
I ran into a Tennessee Vols fan forum and the Vols fans are extremely happy to be getting Fugate. They have seen his videos on you tube and they are very impressed. I don't think they want to see his high school team run him into the ground this year anyway. As long as he is healthy. The Vols coaching staff know what they are getting. He was actually with them for two different weeks over the summer.

On the other hand, Haddix is totally capable of turning things around really quick with some good solid blocking schemes. I think the Bobcats are going to make an example of the Bulldogs this Friday whether Fugate plays or not. The Bobcat D will gel and become more effective as the season progresses.
Breathitt will once again get beat on friday night...Hazard will walk over them like nothing...all hazard has to do is stack the line and stop channing fugate..if u stop fugate then u have stopped the bobcats..until breathitt learns to play as a team they will continue to lose.....hazard rolls in this one 34-14
what Wrote:Breathitt will once again get beat on friday night...Hazard will walk over them like nothing...all hazard has to do is stack the line and stop channing fugate..if u stop fugate then u have stopped the bobcats..until breathitt learns to play as a team they will continue to lose.....hazard rolls in this one 34-14
Breathitt has absolutely no line play to speak of. Without descent line play, Channing will have trouble getting going, and the QB, whoever it is, will be hurried into making mistakes. This game is a toss up IMO but if Breahtitt can get their line fixed, Hazard will not come within 3 TD's. That being said, I do not think BHS will have had enough time to fix the problem and this game will be tight.

Flashman Wrote:I ran into a Tennessee Vols fan forum and the Vols fans are extremely happy to be getting Fugate. They have seen his videos on you tube and they are very impressed. I don't think they want to see his high school team run him into the ground this year anyway. As long as he is healthy. The Vols coaching staff know what they are getting. He was actually with them for two different weeks over the summer.

On the other hand, Haddix is totally capable of turning things around really quick with some good solid blocking schemes. I think the Bobcats are going to make an example of the Bulldogs this Friday whether Fugate plays or not. The Bobcat D will gel and become more effective as the season progresses.
You have to take into consideration that he will have a very good o-line blocking for him @ UT. UT has told him that he would be playing a lot @ FB and would be catching balls out of the backfield. I am proud of the kid for having the opportunity to make it to the top Conference in College Football, no matter what he has done with an underachieving BHS team this year. Before the year is over, Channing will be around or over 2000 yards if he does not get injured.

Flashman Wrote:My point is that even though I live in Perry and have two kids that go to PCC I still appreciate a great athlete and a great football program like Channing and the Bobcats. I was happy to see PCC get the win...they deserved it, but Channing is one of the best ever in my opinion. :biggrin:

It is a shame that Hazard did not play PCC this year. It would have been a big win for the Commodores.:biggrin:

You are commenting on thread that has nothing to do with you, your sons or PCC. Why are you and most people from PCC so consumed and concerned with Hazard? You want to know why PCC and Hazard are not playing. Look in the mirror. It is people such as you, an ADULT, with attitudes like the one you have towards Hazard that are the reason the schools do not play. The kids get along with each other just fine, but it’s the adults who can't seem to play together. That’s a great example you have set for your sons. It is people such as yourself, albeit someone not even from the mountains that reinforce the "white trash" stereotype you speak of.
I am a bulldog fan and wish the best for Channing Fugate in college..... As of for Friday night !! GO DAWGS !!!!
Lets make sure that we keep this thread on-topic.
Hazard-28
Breathitt-21
Before the season started I would have picked Breathitt by 3+ TD's but things just arent clicking for them still this season and i dont think its going to start in this game. I think they need more options 2 players cant beat a whole team. Yes Fugate is probably the best back in the state but he needs help along with Haddix. Hazard by 2+ TD's but ill be pulling for Breathitt. Hopefully they will get it together.
It is really sad to think that anyone from the mountain area would be so envious of a young man and his obvious talents. Channing is a very talented and likeable young man. He however is not the Breathitt County Bobcats Football "TEAM". He deserves a little more respect from the community instead of criticism. It just really eats away at some people to think that someone else's child may be successful. Well, here's to you Channing. I hope you are a great success. You owe these people nothing and have nothing to prove to them.
It doesnt matter how good an O line is, when you have 8 to 9 guys in the box, % o linemen can block them. Its simple math. You have 3 to 4 guys going unblocked and just following the ball. You could have an all state line and they still couldnt block all the guys in the box. Besides that Breathitt has had good passing portection, the sacks they do have against them is when the QB breaks the pocket and scrambles and fails to get rid of the ball in a timely matter. Breathitt has had a great great week of practice this week. I expect them to come out and handle Hazard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
If you consider each team's strength of schedule, Breathett has played and lost to teams that have a combined record of 19-8. Only one of the teams has a losing record, Johnson Central 2-4. Consider the fact that Hazard has not beaten a team with a winning record, their opponent's combined record's are 4-13, so I'm thinking this is BC's week. BC by a couple TD's.
Just an opinion from someone who isn't a follower of either school. Good luck to both squads and play injury free.
I want to say Breathitt but with how this season is looking i'm going to have to say Hazard.
kyrifle Wrote:If you consider each team's strength of schedule, Breathett has played and lost to teams that have a combined record of 19-8. Only one of the teams has a losing record, Johnson Central 2-4. Consider the fact that Hazard has not beaten a team with a winning record, their opponent's combined record's are 4-13, so I'm thinking this is BC's week. BC by a couple TD's.
Just an opinion from someone who isn't a follower of either school. Good luck to both squads and play injury free.

Their opponent's combined record is actually 13-14 including the #2 5-0 2A team and a Top 10 4-1 5A team.

Even though Hazard hasn't defeated a team with a winning record, Breathitt's lone victory came over a team that is 0-6 and have been destroyed in most of their games. Additionally,Hazard's two losses were botlhl respectable sholwilngs. Breathitt has been absolutely dominated in recent weeks.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Their opponent's combined record is actually 13-14 including the #2 5-0 2A team and a Top 10 4-1 5A team.

Even though Hazard hasn't defeated a team with a winning record, Breathitt's lone victory came over a team that is 0-6 and have been destroyed in most of their games. Additionally,Hazard's two losses were botlhl respectable sholwilngs. Breathitt has been absolutely dominated in recent weeks.

Let me re-phrase, the win's Hazard has on the season, the opponent's combined record is 4-13, wasn't counting the teams reacord's they lost to. Either way it should be a pretty good contest. I'll still take BC, even a blind hog finds an acorn occasionally.
[quote=kyrifle]Let me re-phrase, the win's Hazard has on the season, the opponent's combined record is 4-13, wasn't counting the teams reacord's they lost to. Either way it should be a pretty good contest. I'll still take BC, even a blind hog finds an acorn occasionally.[/QUOTE]

:biggrin: Very true, but sometimes you don't wanna know what that hog finds until and after that point.
Goooooooo dawgs !!!!
Does anyone know if Fugate will play Friday night or not?
Im pretty sure that Channing will be playing on friday. He has a bruised hip and should be just fine for the rest of the season is what his dad said. Also coming back this game from being out is Deaton and Prichard. Both played solid roles for the bobcats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Go Bulldogs!!!!!
C.Clair Wrote:Im pretty sure that Channing will be playing on friday. He has a bruised hip and should be just fine for the rest of the season is what his dad said. Also coming back this game from being out is Deaton and Prichard. Both played solid roles for the bobcats.

YESSSSSS!!! Thanks for the inside info.:biggrin:

WAR BOBCATS!!!!:rockon:
Breathittt rolls in this one.
Hey Bull, looks like this may just be the game where the Bobcats start to turn the season around. Are you going to be in Jackson Friday night? I would not miss this game for nothing.TongueirateSho
It will be a great game tonight (as would have HHS vs PCC). Good luck, Bulldogs. Let's win this one!