Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 2005
For those few fans on here, how do you think Central will fare this coming season. Last year they got a 3rd seed playoff berth, even if it was from a tie-breaker, they still got it.
Anyways, the question now is who the coach will be.
Does anyone know who some of the returning boys will be? Yada yada..
Central will be about the same as they have been in past years.
I think Pike Central will be somewhat a Weaker team in 05. They are graduates 14 seniors. I thought Pike Central had a tough season. A new coach from pikeville is coming. Heard as a rumor. Theyre losing most of the line and Defense. Lots of places to fill. Perhaps, the new coach will get them into shape. But, ive always been a fan of the underdog. :?
I don't really think that Pike Central will be worse than last season even though they lose 3 lineman, the bulk of the skill players are returning, plus some of the sophomore lineman hold much more promise than those departing the team. I'll take this as my suprise team this year, but they probably won't do anything spectacular. But you never know for the first time in about 3-4 years the field is much more even throughout the district. No more Jones, Compton, Howard gives teams like Valley and Central a little more opportunity to do something within the district.
i dont think they will be what everyone is making them to be even if they do get MAC
Pike Central is still a new school getting things together. The Skill isnt coming back next year. They have Five players that even played some varsity last year thats returning. Gordan Varney, Merchant, Cory Carter, cory mullins, logan clark. I may have left out a one or two. I am a big fan of pc but i just dont see them coming out and being a surprise team. They had what they needed this year. I dont see that coming back until a couple years.
central will return a couple of lineman....i think corey mullins, logan clark, chad blackburn, corey carter....i dont think speed will be a problem in the backfield either with varney and merchant back there. they just need a full back. which could be found in corey carter. they have a young secondary though. it all depends on how hard they work in the off season
15thRegionBaller Wrote:central will return a couple of lineman....i think corey mullins, logan clark, chad blackburn, corey carter....i dont think speed will be a problem in the backfield either with varney and merchant back there. they just need a full back. which could be found in corey carter. they have a young secondary though. it all depends on how hard they work in the off season

Very true. I think they need to find someone who can play qb good too. Snodgrass could have been a good qb, but he had a height disadvantage, but he had some smarts about him. Hopefully they can find someone with decent size who is smart enough to play the position. With a good qb I think this Central team could do a little better than .500.
They also return Jeremy Lucas, came up big for them against Middlesborro in the playoffs. Played corner quite well for the hawks last year.
The whole team cannot all ride Gordon Varney......They have one DECENT skill player and they think they are gonna make noise in 2A....Forget about it
Guys dont get me wrong, Central will be .500. The O-line for next year will be good and D-line as well. But, theres just a few slots to fill. Your right, secondary is going to a little weak. But, they'll be just fine. But, Varney can't be the only one of offense that gets yards. They need a Qb and a good reciever at that to make some noise.
Quote:The whole team cannot all ride Gordon Varney......They have one DECENT skill player and they think they are gonna make noise in 2A....Forget about it

No one said the Hawks were going to make noise my friend IMO i think that the Hawks will come out early in the season and struggle depending on their schedule i feel as if with a new coach that more students will become intrested in playing footall at PC everyone knows Poynter wasnt well liked well up on the hill by the players nor sturdents in general. So look for better numers next season. :twisted:
liveMAROON Wrote:The whole team cannot all ride Gordon Varney......They have one DECENT skill player and they think they are gonna make noise in 2A....Forget about it

"DECENT" If he is decent why did he lead the team to the highest playoff berth in history and set the record for most wins in one season. He is only a sophomore and is going to be an excellent player soon. I think he will come out of the underrated stage this season.
we will find out what central and their new rumored coach will be like in about 6 months
PooPooHead Wrote:
liveMAROON Wrote:The whole team cannot all ride Gordon Varney......They have one DECENT skill player and they think they are gonna make noise in 2A....Forget about it

"DECENT" If he is decent why did he lead the team to the highest playoff berth in history and set the record for most wins in one season. He is only a sophomore and is going to be an excellent player soon. I think he will come out of the underrated stage this season.

hahahaha In "HISTORY"...ok now tell us...how long has pike cnetral had a football team......there not gonna be anything more than a first round playoff team....So my statement stands at DECENT
Now we're being a little bit contradictary dont you think. Pike Central hasn't had a football team for 50 odd years like Pikeville has. They've built a tradition as you like to call it, Pike Central hasn't had enough time to do this yet. How long did it take Pikeville to win a state championship and how long has it been since they've won the state title?
15thRegionFan Wrote:Now we're being a little bit contradictary dont you think. Pike Central hasn't had a football team for 50 odd years like Pikeville has. They've built a tradition as you like to call it, Pike Central hasn't had enough time to do this yet. How long did it take Pikeville to win a state championship and how long has it been since they've won the state title?

They actually won in '55 and then they won three in a row '87, '88, '89

They were in the championship game in '92

and have come close since.
When was Pikeville founded? I know Pike Central graduated its first class in 1994, that making this past season there 10th. Lets see from 55 to 87 is 32 years :roll: The 55 championship may have been less than 10 years from the time Pikeville was founded, and if so, I tip my hat to that team and coaching staff. However I do believe it takes time to bulid a successful program. Hard to do that in 10 years of football and 3 or 4 different head coaches.
It's seems very sad when PCC fans on this site make a whole lot more sense than Pikeville fans! You know why Mac is leaving? Because everyone in that school thinks that they are at state championship caliber, but anyone who has any concept of athletics, football especially knows that Pikeville will never be state champions again! How long has it been since they got guys from Texas etc to come in and play? The players are not there..This years team was the best they have in the past decade and they got waxed by Beechwood. Take a good glance at the middle school programs and tell me the future of Pikeville looks bright, and I know I see them play all the time. PCC in the next few years will be a very competitive athletic school...mark my word. Kids are transfering in to Johns Creek as we speak from the traditional powerhouse Pikeville. The feeder system at PCC is the biggest problem, but they finally have a coach that's working with the high school. Maybe we can drop to 1a and play Phelps and win region, but PCC has bigger turds in the toilet to flush than Pikeville
let me tell you something buddy you talk about turds to flush well by god you better get a plumber cause im gonna say this once and once only........Pikeville has more football trophies then you could shake a stick at.....central may have some future farmers of America trophies lying around somewhere but the Fact of the matter is...pikeville is a football school...Pike central is not......POOFACE....i dont know how old you are but your knowledge about this sport is minimal......go post about central on the basketball threads......where they actually have a chance of beating Pikeville
With Mac they will be horrible. Without Mac they will be Jenkins, dressed in orange and blue.
I guess that would get them on Pikeville's schedule !
LOL if they became 1a and in our district they would be horrible.
liveMAROON Wrote:
PooPooHead Wrote:

hahahaha In "HISTORY"...ok now tell us...how long has pike cnetral had a football team......there not gonna be anything more than a first round playoff team....So my statement stands at DECENT

Ypu must not be too smart
liveMAROON Wrote:let me tell you something buddy you talk about turds to flush well by god you better get a plumber cause im gonna say this once and once only........Pikeville has more football trophies then you could shake a stick at.....central may have some future farmers of America trophies lying around somewhere but the Fact of the matter is...pikeville is a football school...Pike central is not......POOFACE....i dont know how old you are but your knowledge about this sport is minimal......go post about central on the basketball threads......where they actually have a chance of beating Pikeville

Have a chance? lol Hasn't Central already beaten Pikeville in basketball this year? THOUGHT SO
Have a chance? lol Hasn't Central already beaten Pikeville in basketball this year? THOUGHT SO[/quote]

Oh you upset everybody with that post.
Eugene Cole Wrote:Have a chance? lol Hasn't Central already beaten Pikeville in basketball this year? THOUGHT SO

Oh you upset everybody with that post.[/quote]

Pretty sure I wasn't trying to upset anyone. Just stating the facts Eugene.
Ok state your basketball facts in the b-ball forum. You can post the score and everything!
100% sure you brought basketball up in the first place. Last time I checked you weren't a mod so you probably shouldn't be telling people what to do. I wasn't even going to mention basketball until you brought it up!
Let's keep this thread on topic, or it will be shut down.

Pike Central 2005 football is what its about.