Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard Bulldogs
65.52%
Breathitt County Bobcats
34.48%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Breathitt County 10/2
Who wins and why?

Hazard takes this by 2 touchdowns. Passing game will be clicking and Allen Fugate is a beast.
Hazard
Hazard by 4 tds
Hazard 32-21
Hoping for Breathitt to get it together soon. My heart wants to say Breathitt but my head says Hazard by 1-2 TDs.
I think Breahitt will win this game well if Fugate plays.
What is the status on Fugate?
hazard because of the passing game
Make or break game for Breathitt. A 6th straight loss against a team that at the start of the year Breathitt wold have been a 4 TD favorite against may be too much of a shot at their collective confidence to withstand. The way Breathitt is playing right now I am not sure they could beat Pike Central in 3A, let alone any of the traditional powers.
Hazard by 2 touchdowns
Bluecat Wrote:What is the status on Fugate?

from what i was told today by someone who goes to school with him, he has a bruised hip and the person that told me thinks that he will play against Hazard
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Make or break game for Breathitt. A 6th straight loss against a team that at the start of the year Breathitt wold have been a 4 TD favorite against may be too much of a shot at their collective confidence to withstand. The way Breathitt is playing right now I am not sure they could beat Pike Central in 3A, let alone any of the traditional powers.

Good points, but I don't think we can count Breathitt out as long as Channing is okay for at least the end of the season and as long as they win their district games. Breathitt could lose every game except for district games in the regular season and still end up winning the state championship. It is unlikely, but it is a team that has the talent as well as coaching to do such a thing.

I'm not giving up on the Bobcats and guys like Haddix and Fugate will not either.
If Fugate is a step too slow i am very sure Allen Fugate of hazard will get him. Hazard is playing good ball right now. Even though they lost last night to corbin but teams like corbin and letcher and breathitt county on the schedule will only make them better come playoff time.
Flashman Wrote:Good points, but I don't think we can count Breathitt out as long as Channing is okay for at least the end of the season and as long as they win their district games. Breathitt could lose every game except for district games in the regular season and still end up winning the state championship. It is unlikely, but it is a team that has the talent as well as coaching to do such a thing.

I'm not giving up on the Bobcats and guys like Haddix and Fugate will not either.
Good points...But they need to start stepping up their quality of play. Defense looks a mess and offense is a step or two slow. I would like to see Fugate rest this coming week so BHS would be forced to utilize other kids.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I think Breahtitt gets back on track with this game.
Hazard will be looking to win this game after a tough loss to Corbin. I do not think Breathitt will play there Fugate. It will absolutley help the Bobcats if he does set out. They have to look to others to step up. Hazard takes it by two scores!!!
Hazard 23
Breathitt 20
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Good points...But they need to start stepping up their quality of play. Defense looks a mess and offense is a step or two slow. I would like to see Fugate rest this coming week so BHS would be forced to utilize other kids.

I could not agree more. I could see Haddix and the rest of the Bobcats rising to the occasion and beating Hazard. They could win a couple of the district games coming up too. That would give the team a new sense of confidence then bring the big horse back healthy maybe the last game of the regular season or even the first game of the playoffs and you could have a championship contending team.:Thumbs:
Who does Breathitt have on offense besides Haddix, Epperson, and Fugate that they could potentially utilize?

I agree that the offense just isn't clicking and seems a step slow. Haddix has thrown some beautiful passes this season that could have ended up in some td's but they were just a bit overthrown or maybe the receiver just didn't burst at the end of their run. A fresh passing attack orchestrated by Haddix would be nice. I heard Hazard has 7 freshman starting on defense. I think Haddix could step up and play big.
Before the season started I would have said the Bobcats in a blowout but now I say the Bulldogs will win.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Good points...But they need to start stepping up their quality of play. Defense looks a mess and offense is a step or two slow. I would like to see Fugate rest this coming week so BHS would be forced to utilize other kids.

Trent looked good at QB Friday.If Channing would have stayed in I believe the score could have been different because they wouldn't have known who to key on.
Flashman Wrote:Who does Breathitt have on offense besides Haddix, Epperson, and Fugate that they could potentially utilize?

I agree that the offense just isn't clicking and seems a step slow. Haddix has thrown some beautiful passes this season that could have ended up in some td's but they were just a bit overthrown or maybe the receiver just didn't burst at the end of their run. A fresh passing attack orchestrated by Haddix would be nice. I heard Hazard has 7 freshman starting on defense. I think Haddix could step up and play big.

Haddix is in H slot now.Trent is new QB and looked pretty good.He will be the best player on team next year.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Trent looked good at QB Friday.If Channing would have stayed in I believe the score could have been different because they wouldn't have known who to key on.
If the Bobcats perform better on offense, they will still have to score a bunch because of their lack of defense. What have you seen is the main problem on that side of the ball? I am 3 hours away and depend on info that is not 1st hand.

Just realized that Central was 1-5, same as Breathitt. I know they have played tougher competition, but they are doing as bad as the Bobcats and no one seems to be noticing.

Central's Stats
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb09/30181

Breathitt's Stats
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=30167

Hazard's Stats
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=30231

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Just realized that Central was 1-5, same as Breathitt. I know they have played tougher competition, but they are doing as bad as the Bobcats and no one seems to be noticing.

Central's Stats

Breathitt's Stats

Hazard's Stats

Great info Bull....did not realize Central was in the same predicament. I still say if we can get Channing back healthy, the defense comes together towards the end of the season, and the offense starts clicking Breathitt will be there come playoff time. One thing I noticed on defense when I seen them play against PCC was that Channing was making or at least in on around 75% of the tackles. That is why he seems winded so much is because he goes all out every play. Breathitt will be there in the end. I would like to see Channing sit out the Hazard game because I think it would give the other guys like Haddix a chance to step it up.
Will Hazard get the game film from PCC or Johnson Central? My money, Central.......
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Just realized that Central was 1-5, same as Breathitt. I know they have played tougher competition, but they are doing as bad as the Bobcats and no one seems to be noticing.

Central's Stats

Breathitt's Stats

Hazard's Stats

The only difference is Central is playing Top 25 teams in the state overall and losing close.

Breathitt, OTOH, is playing teams that are in the 25-75 range in the state and losing badly. Central would take Johnson Central, Perry Central, Pburg, and Sheldon Clark to the woodshed and would beat LCA, let alone, not get blown out.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The only difference is Central is playing Top 25 teams in the state overall and losing close.

Breathitt, OTOH, is playing teams that are in the 25-75 range in the state and losing badly. Central would take Johnson Central, Perry Central, Pburg, and Sheldon Clark to the woodshed and would beat LCA, let alone, not get blown out.
The stats I looked @ were not that close, And how would we know how Central would handle the because they do not play, it is simply an opinion. I am not saying that Breathitt is good this year, because they are not, just saying that Central is not that good either.

Hazard

I see your point. But why would you want Fugate sitting out against a good Hazard team? Breathitt will have a hard time with Fugate, and even harder time without him. If I was a Breathitt fan, I would definitely want Fugate playing Friday night.