Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. boys 09-10 predictions
Whats everyones predictions?

I know Virgie, Dorton and Pikeville return a lot.

Is it a 3 team race between them?

Can Belfry repeat?

Millard be as good as last year?

Coach Justice son, Cameron is at Feds Crek correct? Does he make them a contender?

Is Pikeville North or South this year?

If they are in the South that side is loaded and the other side is all Belfry, If not it should be a battle and the county semi's will be Pikeville, Belfry, Virgie and Dorton, IMHO.
jacksparrow Wrote:Whats everyones predictions?

I know Virgie, Dorton and Pikeville return a lot.

Is it a 3 team race between them?

Can Belfry repeat?

Millard be as good as last year?

Coach Justice son, Cameron is at Feds Crek correct? Does he make them a contender?

Is Pikeville North or South this year?

If they are in the South that side is loaded and the other side is all Belfry, If not it should be a battle and the county semi's will be Pikeville, Belfry, Virgie and Dorton, IMHO.
It should be between Virgie and Dorton, but with the Justice boy at Feds Creek that definately puts them in the running if he has any help because with what I've seen he is probably the best player in the county.
To me the top team would have to be Virgie as of now. They were county runner-up and return pretty much their core group from last year.

I put Feds Creek, Dorton, Pikeville, and maybe Belfry (not sure exactly what they have coming back or transfers--but Keith May will do a good job with them) as the next 4. Johns Creek has some good talent and a new coach. Elkhorn has a pretty good team coming back. Mullins got a couple of good transfers who will help a lot. Phelps, Millard, and Kimper I don't know a lot about.

Cameron Justice has loads of potential and I love his game. He makes Feds Creek a real contender for the county title. They already had a pretty good team coming back.
Should be Virgie, a team that almost won it last year, they only lost one 8th grader last year who played. Dalton Richardson will be one of the best players in the county.
I think it will be Virgie also! They are hungary and ready after not winning last year, they are reloaded and ready to win.
Virgie, Dorton, and Pikeville should be the top 3. I did not see Feds Creek last year but with Cameron if they have any kind of team coming back they will be pretty good. Belfry has some talent returning but they didn't play a lot on the 8th grade level last year and with Coach May coaching they will right in the mix.

The rest of the county I know little about other than Mullins got some transfers and I think Millard lost a lot of 8th graders.
Dylan and Dalton Meade at Mullins will make them much improved, with Dylan they now have the best player in the county and Dalton will kill you if you double his brother. Virgie, Dorton, and Pikeville should be the top teams based on what I saw last year. Good luck to everyone, you can't count anyone out.
Eagle42 Wrote:Dylan and Dalton Meade at Mullins will make them much improved, with Dylan they now have the best player in the county and Dalton will kill you if you double his brother. Virgie, Dorton, and Pikeville should be the top teams based on what I saw last year. Good luck to everyone, you can't count anyone out.

What grade those kids in and what position they play?
Dylan is in the 8th. Not sure on Dalton, but I was thinking 6th.
NEXT Wrote:Virgie, Dorton, and Pikeville should be the top 3. I did not see Feds Creek last year but with Cameron if they have any kind of team coming back they will be pretty good. Belfry has some talent returning but they didn't play a lot on the 8th grade level last year and with Coach May coaching they will right in the mix.

The rest of the county I know little about other than Mullins got some transfers and I think Millard lost a lot of 8th graders.

Coach,

I would imagine you'd have a pretty good team as well. I know from this summer that Johns Creek had a couple of good guards and the big man could be a force with a little motivation. Good luck this season. The folks up there got a good coach.
i think elkhorn city could do some big things this year
Virgie,Dorton,Feds Creek,Pikeville and Belfry should be solid. Johns Creek will not be a team to overlook.Dorton will be tough with Belter in the paint. Feds Creek will have very good guard play. Pikeville is very physical. Johns Creek returns good guards and the big kid in the paint. Virgie returns a solid core of guards and big men. Good luck to all of them this season.
Co. has a lot of talent. Going with Dorton & Virgie showdown. Agree that a lot of teams have the ability though. Hope everyone stays healthy. When is first game between Virgie & Dorton? Where?
Sounds like Pike Co. is better than I thought. Talent level coming up and coaches getting better.

Last year it seemed there was 3-4 really good coaches in the county and some younger guys feeling their way around. With Keith May back in the mix along with Davis, Rowe, and the Pikeville coaches seems like the high schools have good feeder programs.

I know Rowe coached with his brother but does any of the others have HS experience? Will the BOE or HS's look to their feeders for the next head coach at the next level?

What about the best players?

Richardson, Rowe, Bowling(Virgie), Belter, and the pg for Dorton, Justice from FC, and the new guys for Mullins seem to be the cream of the crop, can someone rannk them?
Hard to rank players due to them playing different positions. At this age you are looking at potential only. Some of the better players now will not pan out in high school while others will grow and get better and become solid high school players. I have seen kids average 20+ in middle school and never play high school ball because they could not adjust to different aspects of the game.
Yeah its hard to rank players at such a early age.

Richardson (Virgie) looked well last year but this is a new year and with a new year comes new defenses and new strategies to shut players down.

Belter being 6'9" is sure to be good again this year. His size is hard to guard.

Camron Justice from Feds Creek is getting a lot of attention but hes never played Pike County ball. So this could be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on how fast he adjust to Pike Co play.

These are just three players out of the many schools in Pike co.

Early favorites are Virgie but you can never count out Dorton, Pikeville, Belfry, or even Feds Creek. This should be an exciting year.
warriors#55 Wrote:i think elkhorn city could do some big things this year

wow.
virgie has talent at every position.
chandler rowe is a great passer
corey hamilton and mason bowling are good shooters
dalton m. is a good passer and scorer
dalton richardson is a great athlete and a good scorer
andrew newsome is a big man that can score from anywhere whether its scoring in the paint or its shooting and he's strong as a bear
jon johnson is a good post player
Dorton, Virgie, and Feds Creek are the three. I know Elkhorn City beat Pikeville twice in summerball and they are other teams that are as good as EC. I see Feds Creek causing big trouble for all county teams; they have team speed, great outside shooting, and size. I think that several teams can win the county and don't see anyone dominating.
Feds Creek has a lot of potential this year. I know there are a lot of talented boys who are playing. My only fear is the coach's capabilities.
Top teams in Pike:

1. Virgie -returning all starters. Lots of weapons. Different scoring leader each night. Runner-ups with only 7th graders.

2. Pikeville -physical and will play hard each game.
3. Dorton - one factor, he is 6'9. Thats a game changer. Would struggle without him.
4. Fedscreek -Lots of hype. Justice can play. The other grd. ? - descent, most overated player in county. Will give top three teams trouble at home in small gym, not on the road.

5. Belfry

6. All the rest

Virgie will have their way with most. Anyone thinks otherwise is dreaming.

Side Bar: Mullins may be descent with new transfers, no real threat to top 2 or 3 teams; Elkorn-unless they have some real transfers, they are in for a rough season imo.

Players to watch:
1. Belter (Dorton)
2. Richardson (Virgie)
3. Justice (Fedscreek)
4. Bowling (Virgie)
5. Hamilton (Pville)
6. Rowe (Virgie)
7. Caleb? (Pville)

Should be interesting. Good luck to all!:rockon:
I have gave this much thought and I would have to give a preseaon rank first then give my opinion barring injurys to players.

Preseason rank
1. Virge
2. Pikeville
3. Feds Creek
4. Dorton
5. Belfry

Co tourn.
Fc-Virge final
Dorton- Pikeville 3rd-4th place

Dorton wins 3rd and FC wins Co. (coaching could play into the championship)

Shocker : Elkhorn City could be in the final so watch out for EC
EC IS NOT A SHOCKER they have that ward kid thats 6 3 and is good inside and outside they have the thacker kid thats 6 2 good inside and outside the rowe kid thats 6 0 good outside they have some of the best guards in the county possible the best in michael fields and alot more so EC will be up there playing for a county tittle this year
Virgie no doubt, will be champs
"Co tourn.
Fc-Virge final
Dorton- Pikeville 3rd-4th place

Dorton wins 3rd and FC wins Co. (coaching could play into the championship)"

Excuse me bra' but if coaching plays into this do do rowe is 10 times the coach as any other coach in the county. and if this is the county championship game they wont need him. if your prediction is true and fc does play virgie ill give vrgie 20 points .
jacksparrow Wrote:Sounds like Pike Co. is better than I thought. Talent level coming up and coaches getting better.

Last year it seemed there was 3-4 really good coaches in the county and some younger guys feeling their way around. With Keith May back in the mix along with Davis, Rowe, and the Pikeville coaches seems like the high schools have good feeder programs.

I know Rowe coached with his brother but does any of the others have HS experience? Will the BOE or HS's look to their feeders for the next head coach at the next level?

What about the best players?

Richardson, Rowe, Bowling(Virgie), Belter, and the pg for Dorton, Justice from FC, and the new guys for Mullins seem to be the cream of the crop, can someone rannk them?

i would take the pg from dorton out of this group. instead i would add newsome from virgie easilly the best center in the county.

out on a limb better than beltner becuse next year it aint gonna matter how tall he is like it does now you have to be strong in high school. hes not. i guarentee if i was 6'9 and couldnt dominate middle school ball i would quit.
warriors#55 Wrote:EC IS NOT A SHOCKER they have that ward kid thats 6 3 and is good inside and outside they have the thacker kid thats 6 2 good inside and outside the rowe kid thats 6 0 good outside they have some of the best guards in the county possible the best in michael fields and alot more so EC will be up there playing for a county tittle this year

o....k, no! i seen them play last year. there not good. they do not have anyone that size except maybe a center.

IMO they'll have a hard time with phelps
Well Seabiscuit,
I maybe mistaken but I dont think virge beat FC last by 20 any of the 3 times they palyed and FC didnt have the justice kid and virge has the Caudill kid, so i dont think virge is as good as they was last year and I know that FC is better this year. I am not saying that your opinion is wrong about virge winning but it will be by no means 20 points.
and if you want to take that PG from dorton then great I would take the caudill kid or Cody B over that kid anyday of the week
if you feel that way thats you opinion, and i respect that.

but why is everyone else on bluegrassrivals picking virgie over everyone even with the loss of caudill?

and i do know that in the county tournament virgie beat feds creek by a lot.

i was in the fans and the blue crew was chanting "Warm The Bus!" in the third quarter with 1:30 seconds left
Janitor_32 Wrote:Well Seabiscuit,
I maybe mistaken but I dont think virge beat FC last by 20 any of the 3 times they palyed and FC didnt have the justice kid and virge has the Caudill kid, so i dont think virge is as good as they was last year and I know that FC is better this year. I am not saying that your opinion is wrong about virge winning but it will be by no means 20 points.
and if you want to take that PG from dorton then great I would take the caudill kid or Cody B over that kid anyday of the week

They may have lost Owen but they gained dalton. I am sorry but i disgree with the have a solid 7 to what does dorton have????