Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top Ten (Sep. 14)
I think P'burg needs to be #2. They have beaten Belfry and Breathitt Co.
I also think Prestonsburg should be #2 playing good football early.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Agreed, Whitey might have got beat by Bell bad but nobody else in that top 10 could play that close Whitley sould have stayed at number 2.
Let Corbin, Pburg, or Somerset play Lex Cat and Bell and its gonna be a lot worse than when Whitley played themConfusedhh:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. For some reason, Prestonsburg has Hilton and Bell Co's number. I do think Bell would win, but I think Prestonsburg would give them a game.
BCF4L Wrote:I wouldn't be so sure about that. For some reason, Prestonsburg has Hilton and Bell Co's number. I do think Bell would win, but I think Prestonsburg would give them a game.

I don't think that P-burg would win unless they played at P-burg because they would need the refs help like thaey had back in 2004. I don't think that the Blackcats could handle Bell's speed and size.IMO
Im with Amped 88 that would be the only way P-Burg would beat bell lol but any way back to why im here Bell is the solid #1 so that leaves #2 which corbin is a good fit the only thing i dont really like is how whitley just fell to #4 and rock fell out rock is playing some good ball right now cause sheldon clark is highly overrated I would take Rock against sheldon clark and PCC it just dont make sense to me but when it matters everybody will see the pretenders and the real deals so i just dont see how they can rate whitley ahead of somerset GO BRIARJUMPERS theyshould be #4
Corbin is rated way to high, they may stay there all year. They play nobody in the top 10. maybe no one in the top 15.
BCF4L Wrote:I wouldn't be so sure about that. For some reason, Prestonsburg has Hilton and Bell Co's number. I do think Bell would win, but I think Prestonsburg would give them a game.

The 1st time they played P'burg was plain and simple a better team PERIOD. Bell was at it low point and starting the climb back up on Hilton's return. The 2nd defeat in 2004 was BS and anybody around knew it. Bell was up 14-0 with the yellow flags and terrible calls started. P'burg first score was set up by a catch made 10 feet out of bounds.

I typically don't say much about the officals b/c I belive they are just plain bad and not cheating. The ones at P'burg were making their feelings very obvious. THEY WERE CHEATING. Terrible spots on and phantom holding calls lead to Bell punting more in that game than they did the entire season COMBINED. Call Mr. Tacket at KHSAA and see what he says about the 2004 game film. :dontthink

Sorry for the Soapbox! Corbin a good football team but play a very weak schedule. I don't think Corbin could beat Bell, Whitley, Somerset or Rockcastle IMO. Rock should be in. They would beat most in the top 10.
redstorm Wrote:Corbin is rated way to high, they may stay there all year. They play nobody in the top 10. maybe no one in the top 15.

You're probably right, Corbin might be more of a #4-7 team. Corbin's schedule looks weak with teams such as Danville & Middlesboro being down, would be nice to play Whitley, Bell, Clay or Knox Central. GRC should give Corbin a good test, Hazard will cause some problems and LCA will be very good, but some of the local teams might have been more logical. Oh well, no one on the staff asked me what they should do and I don't believe they care what I think.
redstorm Wrote:Corbin is rated way to high, they may stay there all year. They play nobody in the top 10. maybe no one in the top 15.

I'm sure Corbin has a solid team but they need to get back to playing the schedule they used to have in years past. They stripped a great rivalry between them and Bell. I respect teams who are willing to step up and play the better teams. They've not done that in recent years. They're team and fans deserve to see better.
IMO it should be bell then whitley. no1 in the mountains would play close with bell, no matter were it is at. I still see alot of changings coming through the season though.
cougarpride08 Wrote:There should be no reason why Rock is out of the top 10. No legit reason.

I would have thought some one from WYMT would have done been on here stating there case by now.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:The 1st time they played P'burg was plain and simple a better team PERIOD. Bell was at it low point and starting the climb back up on Hilton's return. The 2nd defeat in 2004 was BS and anybody around knew it. Bell was up 14-0 with the yellow flags and terrible calls started. P'burg first score was set up by a catch made 10 feet out of bounds.

I typically don't say much about the officals b/c I belive they are just plain bad and not cheating. The ones at P'burg were making their feelings very obvious. THEY WERE CHEATING. Terrible spots on and phantom holding calls lead to Bell punting more in that game than they did the entire season COMBINED. [B]Call Mr. Tacket at KHSAA and see what he says about the 2004 game film.
[/B] :dontthink

:please:
I think it's a great top 10
Rockcastle definitely got snubbed, but I think the way PCC is playing they deserve to be #10.....They are playing at a blistering pace right now
and in 2 weeks....Perry plays Letcher.....and Rock plays Bell.....so these teams will have some challenges to show that they deserve to be on the poll
it's only week 4 and both all these teams will have many opportunities to move up
good luck to everyone
lol i saw one list that had allen central in there(i know it sounds nuts to say). I dont know much about them other thatn they are usually weak but they ahd a great game against harlan county the other night.
I belive u ment harlan city not harlan co .there is a difference.I dont think they could beat harlan co.
what was rockcastle ranked last week?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:The 2nd defeat in 2004 was BS and anybody around knew it. Bell was up 14-0 with the yellow flags and terrible calls started. P'burg first score was set up by a catch made 10 feet out of bounds.

I typically don't say much about the officals b/c I belive they are just plain bad and not cheating. The ones at P'burg were making their feelings very obvious. THEY WERE CHEATING. Terrible spots on and phantom holding calls lead to Bell punting more in that game than they did the entire season COMBINED. Call Mr. Tacket at KHSAA and see what he says about the 2004 game film. :dontthink

Sour grapes makes for mighty good whine....

Bell's biggest problem in that game was the fact that Pburg was getting a 3 yard surge on the LOS every play.

I will agree that there was an inordinate ammount of total penalties (Pburg was penalized a ton that game too), but the difference in that game was the fact Pburg was more physical, controlled the LOS, and outhit Bell.

That loss was the best thing to happen to Bell that year though as they regrouped an improved immensely by the end of the season, as evidence in their controversial loss against Highlands.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Sour grapes makes for mighty good whine....

Bell's biggest problem in that game was the fact that Pburg was getting a 3 yard surge on the LOS every play.

I will agree that there was an inordinate ammount of total penalties (Pburg was penalized a ton that game too), but the difference in that game was the fact Pburg was more physical, controlled the LOS, and outhit Bell.

That loss was the best thing to happen to Bell that year though as they regrouped an improved immensely by the end of the season, as evidence in their controversial loss against Highlands.

I would love to see Bell and P-burg play but Coach D doesn't want any part of it they both had open dates this past season and he never returned the phone calls or e-mails.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Sour grapes makes for mighty good whine....

That surge gets a whole lot better when the officals staggers like a drunk man to spot the ball after the play. :eyeroll:Somehow when Bell had the ball he always staggered backwards toward the LOS??????

I would like to see the stats for that game. Anyone have access to them I think some of you have some mis-recolections of that game. I can get them but it may take a while to dig out the newspaper article.

But back to the topic Rock should be in. PCC has beat nobody and played nobody. Anyone that counts a Breathit victory as big is not much of a team.
Rock should be in the top 10 they will be back in after the win this week.
jsimms Wrote:what was rockcastle ranked last week?
I think Rock was 10th
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:That surge gets a whole lot better when the officals staggers like a drunk man to spot the ball after the play. :eyeroll:Somehow when Bell had the ball he always staggered backwards toward the LOS??????

I would like to see the stats for that game. Anyone have access to them I think some of you have some mis-recolections of that game. I can get them but it may take a while to dig out the newspaper article.

But back to the topic Rock should be in. PCC has beat nobody and played nobody. Anyone that counts a Breathit victory as big is not much of a team.

At least this season. You can look at the WYMT rankings and see that they believe Breathitt is still a great team. They give creedence to anyone that has beaten them! (Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg, PCC) Those teams are good, don't get me wrong, but they are all given a little extra pat on the back for beating Breathitt :biggrin:
Breathitt is a big victory whether some of you all would like to admit it or not. They went to the 3A state championship last season and they basically returned their entire team. Plus they have a D-I signee in Channing Fugate. Fact is they have the target on their back this season unlike last. Belfry, Johnson Central, and a few others had the target on their backs last season because they where some of the state's best regardless of class. When you have the big ole target on your back, your going to get a teams best effort. Just ask chemas-microsoft-com:p once they got into the playoffs. Knox Central hung right in there with them because they where the #1 seed and favorite out of the east which put that target on their back.

I know some of you are getting so upset over rankings. Who cares about rankings? Just because you are ranked does it mean you’re automatically put in the state championship game? No it doesn't. It puts a target on your back.

JMO
I agree that Perry Central is over-rated. Sheldon Clark should be higher
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Breathitt is a big victory whether some of you all would like to admit it or not. They went to the 3A state championship last season and they basically returned their entire team. Plus they have a D-I signee in Channing Fugate. Fact is they have the target on their back this season unlike last. Belfry, Johnson Central, and a few others had the target on their backs last season because they where some of the state's best regardless of class. When you have the big ole target on your back, your going to get a teams best effort. Just ask chemas-microsoft-com:p once they got into the playoffs. Knox Central hung right in there with them because they where the #1 seed and favorite out of the east which put that target on their back.

I know some of you are getting so upset over rankings. Who cares about rankings? Just because you are ranked does it mean you’re automatically put in the state championship game? No it doesn't. It puts a target on your back.

JMO

It definitely puts the target on you. Can't argue that. But, if you're going to be one of the best teams year in and year out you have to be good enough to handle that. Buckle up that chinstrap and play. Breathitt has won consistently for years now, I'm sure they'll tell you that you should be doing much better than they are.
easyM Wrote:It definitely puts the target on you. Can't argue that. But, if you're going to be one of the best teams year in and year out you have to be good enough to handle that. Buckle up that chinstrap and play. Breathitt has won consistently for years now, I'm sure they'll tell you that you should be doing much better than they are.

I can most certainly agree with you there. Breathitt County has underachieved thus far, but they're not a team I would want to face come playoff time.
jdnoble18 Wrote:I agree that Perry Central is over-rated. Sheldon Clark should be higher

you do know that pcc dominated breahitt, while sheldon clark won by 6, and if it wasnt for a flag because a mouthpiece wasnt in then sheldon clark would have got beat.

and just wondering, who has rock played and beat so far? any good wins?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I can most certainly agree with you there. Breathitt County has underachieved thus far, but they're not a team I would want to face come playoff time.

They have to play better come playoff time. No doubt about it. The wheels have started to come off but they might get them aligned before then.
Amped 88 Wrote:I would love to see Bell and P-burg play but Coach D doesn't want any part of it they both had open dates this past season and he never returned the phone calls or e-mails.

Coach Derossett has never nor will he ever dodge competition. They annually play one the toughest non-district schedule around. But he also likes to keep the local rivalries going (Pikeville and Paintsville). So to say that that he "doesn't want any part of it " is probably a little off . Why wouldn't Prestonsburg want to play Bell? They have won the last two meetings. I don't know anything about the situation or what phone calls or emails you are talking about, but I do know that a lot of the games on the Prestonsburg schedule have been set in stone for a while now.
OldTymer Wrote:Coach Derossett has never nor will he ever dodge competition. They annually play one the toughest non-district schedule around. But he also likes to keep the local rivalries going (Pikeville and Paintsville). So to say that that he "doesn't want any part of it " is probably a little off . Why wouldn't Prestonsburg want to play Bell? They have won the last two meetings. I don't know anything about the situation or what phone calls or emails you are talking about, but I do know that a lot of the games on the Prestonsburg schedule have been set in stone for a while now.

I don't know about what he was talking about, but it would be awsome to see them play again.