Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats With Biggest Football Visitor of the Year this Weekend
Rivals.com is reporting that Kentucky will get its most highly rated visitor of the year this weekend and potentially the best overall target in the Class of 2010 that it is seeking. Storm Johnson is a 4 star running back that is rated one of the 250 best players in America and he is actively considering the Cats. He has been looking at Florida State, UCLA, Penn State and Oregon, and most believed the Seminoles were his leader. But Rivals.com reported last night that the Georgia native now has no leader and is visiting UK this weekend for the game against Louisville. It is rare in football that one recruit can be a game changer…but if one can, Storm Johnson could be it.

Yet another reason that the Louisville game is a big deal….

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=28188
WOW this would be huge if we could get a verbal out of him this weekend
only thing that worries me is he mentioned in a video IF USC comes after him they would play a big part and he wants to visit then which means...offer me and ill commit IMO
Well we just need to give him a few minutes with coach cal
like this guy he could really compliment a backfield and with a good strong passing game he could tear it up hey Joe Pa wouldnt go after him if wasnt good and Mr. Bowden is no slouch either:wenumber1
He is ranked #82 in the ESPN 150. Looks pretty good to me!
i think we should get as many ppl that are going to the game to make signs for him this weekend just to maybe get him to look at us a little harder a visit means nothing really
I saw this kid play last year when he played for Bufrd HS (he has since transferred to Loganville). Nice size, strong, very fast for his size, great hips, hits the hole hard, can catch the ball. My only complaints were his pad level being too high and he appeared to sort of have a "me first" attitude.

What is not being mentioned is UK is also supposed to host Travaughn Brooks, a 3* Rb from Crystal River Florida. Brooks supposedly is very close to committing to UK and I may actually be higher on him than Johnson. Kid is an absolute horse and put up un-Godly numbers in Florida last year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I saw this kid play last year when he played for Bufrd HS (he has since transferred to Loganville). Nice size, strong, very fast for his size, great hips, hits the hole hard, can catch the ball. My only complaints were his pad level being too high and he appeared to sort of have a "me first" attitude.

What is not being mentioned is UK is also supposed to host Travaughn Brooks, a 3* Rb from Crystal River Florida. Brooks supposedly is very close to committing to UK and I may actually be higher on him than Johnson. Kid is an absolute horse and put up un-Godly numbers in Florida last year.

why did he transfer?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:why did he transfer?

Buford is a 2A powerhouse that is stockpiled with talent. Buford has produced numerous upper-level D-1 prospects in recent years and families intentionally move to the Buford district every year when their kid is in 8th Grade to have a chance toi get their kid better attention.

Storm last year split carries with Cody Getz. Getz was an undersized but dangerous runner who ended up signing with Air Force. The Wolves are so stockpiled with talent that the coaches have to keep everyone happy by getting their touches, Storm was the #2 option last year and most people believe he wanted to be the only option in the running game. Buford is ona idfferent playign field than the other 2A teams and rarely have a game that they don't win by 4 TD's, thus the starters usually see at most 3 Quarters of PT.

Loganville is loaded with talent this year, they already have 3 D-1 committs besides Storm, and they have another OL/DL who is being pursued by several good schools. Storm gets to be the profile back, still gets surrounded by talent (especially on the line) but plays against better competition. Loganville is 4A and their region may be the most competitive in the state and maybe one of the most competitive in the nation.

In other words:
Stay @ Buford- Get 60% of the carries in 3 Quarters in a balanced offense, the majority of the future D-1 players he plays against are on his team.
Go to Loganville- Get 80% of the carries in 4 Quarters in a run oriented offense, play against future D-1 players every week.
thats what i figured was the case thanks EKU
Larry Vaught reporting that 4* TE Alex Smith will be visiting this weekend as well.
kentucky needs a solid rb so that the great quarterbacks at kentucky will have someone to balance the offense....if you could compare this guy to a past uk running back...who would it be
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:kentucky needs a solid rb so that the great quarterbacks at kentucky will have someone to balance the offense....if you could compare this guy to a past uk running back...who would it be

Not sure UK has had a guy like Johnson before. He is bigger and more physical then Locke, Smith, Little, etc. But he is more athletic and not as big as Pinner, Homer, and Moe Williams.

Watch Montarrio Hardesty at UT play, he reminds me of him.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not sure UK has had a guy like Johnson before. He is bigger and more physical then Locke, Smith, Little, etc. But he is more athletic and not as big as Pinner, Homer, and Moe Williams.

Watch Montarrio Hardesty at UT play, he reminds me of him.

Tony Dixon maybe? I know Tony wasn't that quick and was always afraid to hit the hole but he was a big physical back.
hope he liked what he saw today
vundy33 Wrote:Tony Dixon maybe? I know Tony wasn't that quick and was always afraid to hit the hole but he was a big physical back.

Tony was sub 5'10... Storm is over 6'