Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
30.43%
Lawrence County Bulldogs
69.57%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Lawrence County 9/18
TheONLY1 Wrote:I doubt you get over 25 yards rushing.:Thumbs:

You keep predicting the future and sticking to your story, Like i said before its your opinion :eyeroll:
WildDawg Wrote:Tanner, I'm sure you had the chance to watch film on Lawrence County. What are you're impressions?

Very Very good team. Today the team watched our film from last weak to see the mistakes we made to improve them but during school me and tanner got to watch the film on lawrence county and they are a pretty solid team. #56 on O-line guard(i think?) is the best lineman ive seen in my life, one that goes full speed every single play. Their FB a great player, Slow but deff dont come down so easy. And i havent got to watch the game agaist er so i dont know much about #1 but im hearing he is a great fast player. I think if we come out ready to play and have a good game it will be the kind of game everyones wants to see. But on the other hand if we dont come out ready to play it will be a long night. But i think we do have a good chance to prove everyone wrong in this game and show them what kind of team we really have win or loose. They are a great team but from my opionion i do think we have a good chance to pull out the win. If we step up on D and keep them from scoring their D isnt very impressive and i think we have a good chance of putting some points on the board but either way i expect a high scoring game
StrayBullet Wrote:I love LC football but there is too much cockiness and arrogance coming from some of the LC people on this board. With that being said LC seems prime for an upset to come in over-looking a very well coached team in SV.
Nah Stray, just because some fans think LC will win easily doesn't mean the boys think they can. I gurantee those guys know what their up against Friday. A 3-0 team that has been destroying everyone in their path. It's been noted in the past that Shelby Valley's previous coaching staff did the scheduling, so they can't help who they played. Most importantly, they have took care of what's been put in front of them in convincing fashion.
flavorflav Wrote:What is Shelby's record?

sv is 3-0

this will be a really good game
i have seen both teams play and i have to say lc is better but if they come in thinking there going just have to show up and get a win then sv will come out with a win. and thats what i think will happen
sv win 34-29
goodluck to both teams
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:Very Very good team. Today the team watched our film from last weak to see the mistakes we made to improve them but during school me and tanner got to watch the film on lawrence county and they are a pretty solid team. #56 on O-line guard(i think?) is the best lineman ive seen in my life, one that goes full speed every single play. Their FB a great player, Slow but deff dont come down so easy. And i havent got to watch the game agaist er so i dont know much about #1 but im hearing he is a great fast player. I think if we come out ready to play and have a good game it will be the kind of game everyones wants to see. But on the other hand if we dont come out ready to play it will be a long night. But i think we do have a good chance to prove everyone wrong in this game and show them what kind of team we really have win or loose. They are a great team but from my opionion i do think we have a good chance to pull out the win. If we step up on D and keep them from scoring their D isnt very impressive and i think we have a good chance of putting some points on the board but either way i expect a high scoring game
BJ, you are the one that scares me the most. You will be capable of making big plays if you get isolated in open space. I'm hopeful LC has a game plan to slow you down. I know that both you and Tanner will have a solid game on defense, but this game will be won or lost on the line in my opinion. If Lawrence Co can win the battle upfront on both sides of the ball, I don't see any problems getting the win. BUT, that's easier said than done.
TheONLY1 Wrote:I doubt you get over 25 yards rushing.:Thumbs:

Dont want to start ne thing on here but bad team or good team we have had atleast 2 back with over 100 yards each game. If lawrence hold any of the 3 backs we have under 25 rushing yards i will say u guys are winning state. Not saying where that good im just saying we have 3 pretty good backs and its hard to predict who is going to get the ball.
Like BJ said in his post, Me and him did watch film today during school and #56 left guard is a very good player, and could be the best lineman i have seen, the FB runs hard every play and shed's alot of tackles but to be honest with you all, i think our defense 'CAN' stop them IF (the big if ) we come out and play, we must come out fired up and stay fired up the entire game and get to the ball. Of course Mistakes are going to happen, there is always mistakes during a game. BUT we must overcome the mistakes and make up for them. I think we have the talent to come out with the big W but all 11 players must play every down and never take a play off! With this being said, "Wild Dawg" im sure LC has watched film on us, Any clue what they think?
WildDawg Wrote:BJ, you are the one that scares me the most. You will be capable of making big plays if you get isolated in open space. I'm hopeful LC has a game plan to slow you down. I know that both you and Tanner will have a solid game on defense, but this game will be won or lost on the line in my opinion. If Lawrence Co can win the battle upfront on both sides of the ball, I don't see any problems getting the win. BUT, that's easier said than done.

It will deff. come down to the Line. And the way i saw our line work today, if they work like that the rest of the week i would say we have nothing to worry about, but its how bad they want it. But if they work 2 hard on slowing me down we have to other great backs that can get the job done just as well as i can. This is going to be a big game friday night and i can not wait. And you are 100% correct, upfront will determine if we come out with the W or the L.

Can u tell me something about their field?? ive never been their. I saw it on film but u can spray paint a parking lot green and put lines on it and its going to look good on film in the dark...lol
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Like BJ said in his post, Me and him did watch film today during school and #56 left guard is a very good player, and could be the best lineman i have seen, the FB runs hard every play and shed's alot of tackles but to be honest with you all, i think our defense 'CAN' stop them IF (the big if ) we come out and play, we must come out fired up and stay fired up the entire game and get to the ball. Of course Mistakes are going to happen, there is always mistakes during a game. BUT we must overcome the mistakes and make up for them. I think we have the talent to come out with the big W but all 11 players must play every down and never take a play off! With this being said, "Wild Dawg" im sure LC has watched film on us, Any clue what they think?
No, I haven't talked to anyone with the team. I can find out for you though. I'm sure someone else on this board can and will answer that question for you. Battpuff has probably heard some stuff from the staff.
Wild Dawg Im glad you said that, i had this conversation earlier with BJ, IT IS ALL ABOUT who wins upfront this friday, and that did scare me a little bit because the games has always been on our backfields back. BUT however our o-line surprised me tremendously today. They done amazing, so im hopeing they play like they did today. If we can get our o-line working as a unit we will Win this game because our defense will do fine im sure of!
I can't wait for this friday
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:It will deff. come down to the Line. And the way i saw our line work today, if they work like that the rest of the week i would say we have nothing to worry about, but its how bad they want it. But if they work 2 hard on slowing me down we have to other great backs that can get the job done just as well as i can. This is going to be a big game friday night and i can not wait. And you are 100% correct, upfront will determine if we come out with the W or the L.

Can u tell me something about their field?? ive never been their. I saw it on film but u can spray paint a parking lot green and put lines on it and its going to look good on film in the dark...lol
What would you like to know? It's not a top notch facility by any means. They have made big improvements this year, but LC doesn't have anything like Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, etc. You can expect a TON of fans at the game. The bleachers will be full, with people lined up all the way around the fence. LC has a great fan base who follow football religously. For the most part, it will be a hostile enviroment for a high school football game.
WildDawg Wrote:What would you like to know? It's not a top notch facility by any means. They have made big improvements this year, but LC doesn't have anything like Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, etc. You can expect a TON of fans at the game. The bleachers will be full, with people lined up all the way around the fence. LC has a great fan base who follow football religously. For the most part, it will be a hostile enviroment for a high school football game.

Thats how i like games. More ppl their is watching better i play. I play better under pressure. But like is their field in general like good to play on?? i know they dont have turf but honestly i like playing better on good grass than turf. But i dont like playing on fields they have random holes in their field lol. Example-at tug valley they had rocks sticking up from the ground ha. Not what i like playing on. But is it a pretty nice grass field?
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:Thats how i like games. More ppl their is watching better i play. I play better under pressure. But like is their field in general like good to play on?? i know they dont have turf but honestly i like playing better on good grass than turf. But i dont like playing on fields they have random holes in their field lol. Example-at tug valley they had rocks sticking up from the ground ha. Not what i like playing on. But is it a pretty nice grass field?
Yeah, it's a very nice grass field. You won't have any issues with rocks or holes. lol
I was told Roberts hit a tackling dummy so hard at practice yesterday that it actually broke. :rockon:
Have I said I can't wait until Friday night?????? :popcorn:

Go O-Line! Show 'em what you can do!!!!! :redboxer:
I went and watched LC practice yesterday, they looked sharp. they look hungry and ready to play friday night. this coaching staff does an awesome job to get this team prepared each week.good luck bulldogs, should be a packed house friday night. nothing better than football in louisa on friday nights.
Lc 42
sv 18
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:Dont want to start ne thing on here but bad team or good team we have had atleast 2 back with over 100 yards each game. If lawrence hold any of the 3 backs we have under 25 rushing yards i will say u guys are winning state. Not saying where that good im just saying we have 3 pretty good backs and its hard to predict who is going to get the ball.

I think your team is in for a LONG trip home.
I just spoke with a coach from Sv they are ready for the game as is LC should be a great game. Lc should win this one
StrayBullet Wrote:I love LC football but there is too much cockiness and arrogance coming from some of the LC people on this board. With that being said LC seems prime for an upset to come in over-looking a very well coached team in SV.

Lc fans are the cocky ones and the fans can't overlook a team, only the players can do that. :Thumbs: With SV players getting on here and saying how they are going to do this and do that, leads me to think they will overlook us. Our players don't get on here and talk about what they are going to do, they just prove themselves on the field.

NEW PREDICTION: LC- 36 SV- 12 (Special teams with at least one TD) Confusedhh:
larry west, nothing more to say.
cant wait to get this one started good luck to both teams
I'll take Bulldogs at home by 2 TD's. They really seem to be doing well at this point, and I believe that their players are really making a difference on the field after a couple disappointing seasons in the past. All I really know at this point is...somebody's gonna lose!!!
Snare43 Wrote:No they are very good football teams. LC has improved.Playoffs are different and if they beat these teams then I'm sold.

I gotcha.....I think it should be a pretty good game Friday night...I dont know much about Shelby, but it seems like they are having a pretty good year so far.....i think Lawrence will get either 2nd or 1st in the district....looking forward to watching them play rowan co, but they can't overlook anybody that's for sure.....:moon:
Lawrence County
Quick question, I don't follow LC football but is there any chance that this West kid I hear about is related to Michael West that played LC bac in the late 90's and early 2000's.

LC- 42
SV- 14
No I don't think so lol, Michael was a good friend of mine we played football together from youth league all the way up through highschool he was from the local West family from Louisa. Larry is from Nitro, Wv he just transferred here this year well around July.They both are very fast though.
irishcard16 Wrote:Quick question, I don't follow LC football but is there any chance that this West kid I hear about is related to Michael West that played LC bac in the late 90's and early 2000's.

LC- 42
SV- 14
No
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Lc fans are the cocky ones and the fans can't overlook a team, only the players can do that. :Thumbs: With SV players getting on here and saying how they are going to do this and do that, leads me to think they will overlook us. Our players don't get on here and talk about what they are going to do, they just prove themselves on the field.

NEW PREDICTION: LC- 36 SV- 12 (Special teams with at least one TD) Confusedhh:

OK as far as i know me and Tanner are the only 2 players that get on here and post, and can u show me one most that we have made so far that has been cocky?? cause if u can i would love to see it. Me and him both are very excited for this game but i know that if we win this game its not going to be easy. I watched film and got on here and talked aout how good this team was. Just cause we get on here and talk about the game in a respective manner doesnt mean we are overlooking this team at all. All honestly i think we have about equal talent compared to LC and this game will come down to who wants it more and whos line has the most heart. And explain to me how in the world the underdog(shelby valley-us) could overlook someone who is suppose to kill us? lol
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:OK as far as i know me and Tanner are the only 2 players that get on here and post, and can u show me one most that we have made so far that has been cocky?? cause if u can i would love to see it. Me and him both are very excited for this game but i know that if we win this game its not going to be easy. I watched film and got on here and talked aout how good this team was. Just cause we get on here and talk about the game in a respective manner doesnt mean we are overlooking this team at all. All honestly i think we have about equal talent compared to LC and this game will come down to who wants it more and whos line has the most heart. And explain to me how in the world the underdog(shelby valley-us) could overlook someone who is suppose to kill us? lol

Man you said the other day you gave "winner" to someone else on the team.
B.J. Roberts #19 Wrote:OK as far as i know me and Tanner are the only 2 players that get on here and post, and can u show me one most that we have made so far that has been cocky?? cause if u can i would love to see it. Me and him both are very excited for this game but i know that if we win this game its not going to be easy. I watched film and got on here and talked aout how good this team was. Just cause we get on here and talk about the game in a respective manner doesnt mean we are overlooking this team at all. All honestly i think we have about equal talent compared to LC and this game will come down to who wants it more and whos line has the most heart. And explain to me how in the world the underdog(shelby valley-us) could overlook someone who is suppose to kill us? lol
Frist off I want to tell you and #35 that here's a person that admires you 2 guy's you all get on here and talk from the heart. But most of all you don't hide behind some made up name in other words you believe in what you say and are willing to back it up. I am looking very forward to watching you 2 guy's play here friday night. I hope you both have a good game but I hope you under stand that I have to go with my Dawgs as I have for the past 40 or so year's. Once agian you two are young Men that is not afraid to let people know who you are . My hat's off to both of you. Good luck and GO Dawgs
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next