Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ky Expo Center....
I hope they have it there
Have it at the Civic Center if the $$ can be worked out if not have it at one of the very nice high school gyms like normal. If it can be worked out it would be great IMO to have it at the Expo Center...the facility is awesome and it would be great if it could be used for the regional tournament every year.
Yeah I'd love it to be at the Expo
"fox sports" Wrote:This post is a little pre-mature.
NOTHING has been decided about ticket prices!!!

I hope you are right Fox Sports. My information came from a conversation between an AD at a 15th region high school and a teacher in the region. This may have been suggested prices and not set in stone. And like an earlier post suggested - a corporate sponsor could step up and relieve some of the financial burden.

While I agree that the Expo center would be a great place-I still think there will be a certain magical quality missing.
it would be great to hold it in the expo center
As of this moment the Region will be held at the Expo Center and each school will take home about $3,000 no matter what so if the tourney takes in 48,000 or so they break even, anything over that is profit for the Expo Center.
Tickets will be the same as always as of right now, maybe a dollar more.

Its a good deal for if it works out as planned
That is good news Next...hopefully everything works out as planned.
Yea this is real good news........All the time you hear people talking about IF such and such team played on a neutral floor the outcome would of been different well I guess we will get to see the outcome of these games now......
"NEXT" Wrote:As of this moment the Region will be held at the Expo Center and each school will take home about $3,000 no matter what so if the tourney takes in 48,000 or so they break even, anything over that is profit for the Expo Center.
Tickets will be the same as always as of right now, maybe a dollar more.

Its a good deal for if it works out as planned

I hope everything works out like you have posted. Some people don't go to the regional tournament because of the crowd and parking and sometimes the walk you have from the parking to the game. This way it may actually bring in more fans. Does anyone know the parking situation with the Expo?
There is a big lot right across the street at the Technical School but they might charge parking to fund some classes. But the parking garage is just down the street and has a covered walkway to the expo center. and it is free!
As Beef said I would go with the parking garage across from Pikeville College on Hambley Blvd. It is a very short walk to the Expo Center and has a covered walkway most of the way.
I am pretty sure that Pikeville is actually considered to be the center of hte 15th region...i dont know why but i was told that...i am thinkin just because of it being the easiest place to travel to but i am not sure...
anyways i think itll be a great place to play becasue all the players i have talked to said they would love to get the chance to play in it
I have also heard that the East Ridge tourny and the coca-cola classic will be held there but its not for sure yet...some cooches, i am sure, have some objections
10 8 and 6
student tickets for the state tourney are 6 and the regional is going to be 10 to be court side so the fans are taken out of it
nice job 15th region way to be fan friendly
when SV had schools recevied 4200
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:10 8 and 6
student tickets for the state tourney are 6 and the regional is going to be 10 to be court side so the fans are taken out of it
Where are these ticket prices coming from???
Curious, you write as if you have confirmation.
I don't believe the 15th region policy board has finalized anything yet.
copies of the proposial are out there
10 bucks courtside
If the proposal is true, I think it's ridiculous.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:10 8 and 6
OK...and where is that different from having it at a place like SV? I mean they put the students up top too.
I think the price is what most people are calling ridiculous.
Where is the regional tourney held at, i know the district tourney is held at the rotating schools every year. The region we just came from played the regionals at morehead. So I dont think it would be a big deal to hold the regionals there.
This is just heresay, but I was told that it was an outrageous amount of money the exop center was asking to hold the regional games there.

I will post more about it when I get some detailed information.
"batpuff" Wrote:Where is the regional tourney held at, i know the district tourney is held at the rotating schools every year. The region we just came from played the regionals at morehead. So I dont think it would be a big deal to hold the regionals there.
There were like 5 or so schools that rotated the regional tourney in the past.
i think that the 15 region tourney should be held at the expo center...it would draw a good size crowd if they advertise it like they heve all the other events that they have held there...