Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Aug. 31)
I would put Breathitt ahead of SC and put Belfry below SC. Sometimes looking at who won the game does not tell the true story of how the game went. As bad as Breathitt played and as good as SC played, Breathitt still held the game in their hands, but kept dropping passes and getting penalties.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

wood_chuck Wrote:i think belfrey is overrated this year. sheldon clark and breathitt are both better teams i believe.
I agree.....But I think Breathitt is still better than SC even though they lost last week. Sounds as if they beat themselves more than anything SC did.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I would put Breathitt ahead of SC and put Belfry below SC. Sometimes looking at who won the game does not tell the true story of how the game went. As bad as Breathitt played and as good as SC played, Breathitt still held the game in their hands, but kept dropping passes and getting penalties.

So, Breathitt loses to SC and that doesn't mean anything? And you would put Breathitt above SC in the rankings? There is absolutely no logic to what you just said. Breathitt lost to SC. That's it. You can't rank them above SC unless you do in your own head. To do that would be ridiculous and very bias.
only thing i would change is putting breathitt and SC over belfry as said before.
beasy_bo Wrote:only thing i would change is putting breathitt and SC over belfry as said before.

You have to put Sheldon Clark over both of them. As far as Breathitt/Belfry? That's a toss up.
But, please don't tell me that Breathitt should be rated higher than SC. I don't know which one has the better team. I just know who won the game. That's all that matters.
Sheldon Clark won this game so they should be on top as of right now. But I am a firm believer and i believe these teams could meet later on in the playoffs and it will be very difficult to beat the same team twice.
bac2369 Wrote:Sheldon Clark won this game so they should be on top as of right now. But I am a firm believer and i believe these teams could meet later on in the playoffs and it will be very difficult to beat the same team twice.

There's a good chance that they might just do that. I hope it works out that way for both teams. Like I said in an earlier post, I have no idea who is the better team but for now you have to base it on the game they played friday night. SC won that game and for now should be rated higher than Breathitt. And I also realize how a team may hurt their own self during a game. That being said, any close game you lose you can look back at something during the game that you could have done better. If you would have done it better you might have won. If SC would have lost 6-0 I'm sure they could have looked back too. Breathitt will get back to winning and I think SC will keep winning as well. I think they have a good shot at playing each other again.
bac2369 Wrote:Sheldon Clark won this game so they should be on top as of right now. But I am a firm believer and i believe these teams could meet later on in the playoffs and it will be very difficult to beat the same team twice.
well this is true to a certain point. SC knows how hard of a game it was they didn't score after their first drive either so they will not be overlooking. i think most of it depends on the coaching changes and injuires... the teams are pretty much even if you ask me
This is why games are played on the field and not on paper. Thats why I still think Breathitt is overrated. IMO Prestonsburg will beat Breathitt Co. Go Blackcats!!!!!!
Looks good Sc is in a good spot after the win and they will continue to improve every week.
Serious question. What constitutes the "Mountains"? East of I75?
BobCatFan29 Wrote:U know why,, Coach Hilton is the reason!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:

Yeah, he's part of the reason. But not in the way you imply.

:eyeroll:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I would put Breathitt ahead of SC and put Belfry below SC. Sometimes looking at who won the game does not tell the true story of how the game went. As bad as Breathitt played and as good as SC played, Breathitt still held the game in their hands, but kept dropping passes and getting penalties.

I respect your opinion, as you're one of the "calmer heads" on the board...

But I'm not sure I follow your logic with placing Belfry below both SC and Breathitt Co.. Unless you believe Prestonsburg should be below them also, it makes no sense. After all, Belfry lost away to the #4 team (P-burg) by only one score.

I'm not comfortable with defending Belfry. But it seems as though everyone wants to bury the Pirates due to their loss to Prestonsburg. Why is that ?
wood_chuck Wrote:i think belfrey is overrated this year. sheldon clark and breathitt are both better teams i believe.

One of them will get a chance to prove it on the field and the other one may. Until then, who knows for sure. All we know at this point is, that for one night, SC was better than Breathitt.
This poll doesn't make any sense to me. How can Breathitt fall from #1 in the mountains to #7? or How can Bell County be #1 after getting completely embarrassed by a team in Tennessee? Whitley County or Sheldon Clark should be the #1 team in the mountains at this moment. As we all know by season's end those mighty bobcats from Breathitt County will once again be at the top of the mountain. Go Bobcats.
Breathitt is usually overrated!! Come on now if anyone is usually overrated it would be your bobcats from Bell County. Bell County gets creamed by a team in Tennessee and then barely beats Marion County and you think Bell County is the **** of the walk in the mountains. Please!!!!!!
In my personal opinion, I would put Sheldon Clark above Belfry. Other than that, the poll looks pretty solid.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Breathitt is usually overrated!! Come on now if anyone is usually overrated it would be your bobcats from Bell County. Bell County gets creamed by a team in Tennessee and then barely beats Marion County and you think Bell County is the **** of the walk in the mountains. Please!!!!!!

LMAO...... See people like you know no football. If you did you would know about Alcoa. Alcoa just beat Maryville in Tennessee who has won 7 out of the last 9 State Championships in Tennessee and has a 70-2 record since 2004. Alcoa themself have won 5 STRAIGHT State Championsips, have 6 Div 1 players playing at BCS colleges. Marion Co was ranked #7 in 4A and Bell Co went to there house and beat them. Marion is predicted to represent the West in 4A this year at the State Championship. Please learn your facts first. Confusedhh:
If Breathitt Co cant even score on Sheldon Clark I would hate to see them get embarrassed if they got to play Alcoa. 80-0. LMAO!!!
Well give yourself a pat on the back for all of that useless information. You are right I have no knowledge of Tennessee high school football because I don't care about Tennessee high school football. All of those statistics are good and all but you still got drilled and an elite team such as yourself should never be on the losing end of such a lop sided game.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:This is why games are played on the field and not on paper. Thats why I still think Breathitt is overrated. IMO Prestonsburg will beat Breathitt Co. Go Blackcats!!!!!!

lmao:
beasy_bo Wrote:well this is true to a certain point. SC knows how hard of a game it was they didn't score after their first drive either so they will not be overlooking. i think most of it depends on the coaching changes and injuires... the teams are pretty much even if you ask me

Its not about a team overlooking someone. Its about a team correcting there mistakes and working harder to not make mistakes.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Serious question. What constitutes the "Mountains"? East of I75?

For the purposes of this particular ranking, it's the WYMT viewing area. This area actually includes several schools located west of I-75. It also does not include the Ashland area, which although it is certainly in the mountains, is not within the WYMT radius.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cat Daddy Wrote:Well give yourself a pat on the back for all of that useless information. You are right I have no knowledge of Tennessee high school football because I don't care about Tennessee high school football. All of those statistics are good and all but you still got drilled and an elite team such as yourself should never be on the losing end of such a lop sided game.

Be nice if Breathitt would play Bell. Still don't understand why they won't? Can someone explain this to me?
im not judging belfry on how they just played against prestonsburg. i saw the beginning of their scrimmage against hazard and they didnt look impressive.
I have a question, if Lawrence County beats Sheldon Clark this Friday, are they going to be ranked in the top 10? if not please tell me why.I think they should
I think they should. Why wouldn't they be?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:SC will be a force to be rekon with. They have always had a great team. I think sometimes Breathitt Co gets overrated way too much.

I think not!
Teams have there days were they are horrible and im pretty postive Breathitt doesn't get over rated.
Rankings are irrelevant and mean nothing, but they do get people stirred up...lol. This time of year is about getting better and preparing for district play and playoffs, and rankings do not determine anything in high-school football. I just can not see why people get so worked up about them.

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:If Breathitt Co cant even score on Sheldon Clark I would hate to see them get embarrassed if they got to play Alcoa. 80-0. LMAO!!!

I think breathitt did horrible at the game friday they will come back this friday to prove all of you all wrong.
well it dont look like sheldon clark scored big either 6-0 i mean come on they won by one touch down big deal but they did have some good deffense.

BREATHITT BOBCATS = #1
:yawn: