4. Prestonsburg
5. Belfry
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Breathitt County
8. Somerset
9. Letcher Central
10. North Laurel
Im loving Whitley at number 2! :Clap:
Cant wait till the Whitley/Bell; #2/#1 showdown.
Colonel stadium will be rockin'.
I would love to know what the SC Cards have to do to get any recognition. It just amazes me. I know that some of these other teams have played one more game than us but how do you rank higher when you have lost a game? It just amazes me.
Well, Well, Well the way it should had been all along. :1:
Thats right Bobcats #1 and for the sheldon clark fan Bell would run all over the field on them there D is weak I mean Breathitt is good but but bell could beat them too look for bell to run the table win a close game against soddy daisy and then win the district smooth sailing all the way to the state semis hoooo rawww:rockon:
guys just wandering what is the real reason bell in middlesboro dont play no more i heard they got tired of losing to us but i remember the old days the middlesboro game, the corbin game, even the few times we played P-burg its just well i mean bell is good they will win all the time but thats what happens when you have the best coach in the state but i need an answer to the question if anybody nos the real reason:please:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:guys just wandering what is the real reason bell in middlesboro dont play no more i heard they got tired of losing to us but i remember the old days the middlesboro game, the corbin game, even the few times we played P-burg its just well i mean bell is good they will win all the time but thats what happens when you have the best coach in the state but i need an answer to the question if anybody nos the real reason:please:

Hey, last two times Prestonsburg and Bell County met up the Blackcats where victorious.
cardinal mom Wrote:I would love to know what the SC Cards have to do to get any recognition. It just amazes me. I know that some of these other teams have played one more game than us but how do you rank higher when you have lost a game? It just amazes me.

Sc is getting respect they was #11 last week and took a jump to #6 that is a good jump and it was 1 game Sc has gained a lot of respect from the entire state but its still a long season and if Sc can keep winning games then they will move up in the polls. I mean have you not saw the AP poll the Cards are #2 in Class 3A don't you think that is more important then the WYMT poll. and plus its early in the season these rankings mean nothing its what you are at the end that matters.
SC will be a force to be rekon with. They have always had a great team. I think sometimes Breathitt Co gets overrated way too much.
I agree Prestonsburg has owned Bell Co the last two times we played. Wasn't those games in 2002 and 2006? One being played at Hazard and the other one at Prestonsburg. They should schedule a home and home starting next year.
These teams will NOT play Bell Co anymore. Breathitt Co, Middlesboro, and Corbin they refuse too.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree Prestonsburg has owned Bell Co the last two times we played. Wasn't those games in 2002 and 2006? One being played at Hazard and the other one at Prestonsburg. They should schedule a home and home starting next year.

I think it would be great for these two to start playing one another again.

I'm pretty sure P'burg won in '02 & '04.
The years were actually 2001 and 2004...

P'burg 25
Bell Co 16
P'burg went on to play in the State Championship that year, a very good team.

P'burg 27
Bell Co 21
I really believe Shelby Valley should be a top 10 team.

Scrimm 1- they beat Boyd Co 29-13
Scrimm 2- They beat Wayne WV, Allen Central and Magoffin
Week 1- They beat Pike Central 35-13(which shouldve been a lot worst)
BatCat11 Wrote:Sc is getting respect they was #11 last week and took a jump to #6 that is a good jump and it was 1 game Sc has gained a lot of respect from the entire state but its still a long season and if Sc can keep winning games then they will move up in the polls. I mean have you not saw the AP poll the Cards are #2 in Class 3A don't you think that is more important then the WYMT poll. and plus its early in the season these rankings mean nothing its what you are at the end that matters.

Personally, I think the WYMT Mountain Top 10 is the more important poll in the mountains. We actually see the teams we rank. The only thing the Courier-Journal, Herald Leader, and any other writer outside the mountains sees is the score. Don't get me wrong, the AP poll is a great honor, but the Mountain Top 10 gets a lot more of local attention. :Cheerlead WYMT votes in the AP and it is a genuine guessing game for most AP voters (present company included) when ranking teams they have not seen play. :champ:
Brian Milam Wrote:Personally, I think the WYMT Mountain Top 10 is the more important poll in the mountains. We actually see the teams we rank. The only thing the Courier-Journal, Herald Leader, and any other writer outside the mountains sees is the score. Don't get me wrong, the AP poll is a great honor, but the Mountain Top 10 gets a lot more of local attention. :Cheerlead WYMT votes in the AP and it is a genuine guessing game for most AP voters (present company included) when ranking teams they have not seen play. :champ:
Dont get me wrong i wasnt taking anything away from the Mountain Top 10 i was just making a point of our jump up to #6 and #2 to a user who is never happy with the rankings we receive. I would still like to see some kinda WYMT bowl at the beginning of the season with some of the top teams in it.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I really believe Shelby Valley should be a top 10 team.

Scrimm 1- they beat Boyd Co 29-13
Scrimm 2- They beat Wayne WV, Allen Central and Magoffin
Week 1- They beat Pike Central 35-13(which shouldve been a lot worst)

Uh, no. Shelby Valley has not shown anything so far to warrant being ranked in the Mountain Top 10.

For one thing, what you do in scrimmages counts for diddly squat, so there goes that. And beating Pike Central, while it was a nice win, by itself does not justify being ranked.

If SV wants to be ranked on lists such as these, they need to start beating some of the better teams on their schedule. The best chance for SV to earn some respect with poll voters will be later this year when they meet up with Prestonsburg. If they could pull off the upset there, Valley will earn plenty of respect.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If all will be honest with each other only two teams that will make it to Bowling Green most likely is Bell Co. and Breathitt Co.take a poll and be honest we all know this...Breathitt Co. did have a bad game offensively(and now we are over rated hahahaha) against SC and taking nothing away from Cardinal defense and fans(this will be Cardinals year in that district but Belfry owns it so SC FANS live it up this year but NO year after year stuff you can count on that,Belfry will be back). Now most all knows Breathitt Co.Bobcats are a 2TD better team than SC just not tonite we all seen that but next game will be a differant story,and Bell Co. is about that(2 TD better) with anyone on their schedule so that is my resoning for saying this..I have always said SC is toughest team on Breathitt Co. schedule but wasnt expecting such a let down,but hey it will make the Breathitt Co.Bobcats a better team when they are playing in State Championship they will look back at SC game and say THANK YOU for making us a better team you got our heads out of the high clouds and showed that we have to play BOBCAT Football. Go Bobcats!!!
Csportsman11 Wrote:If all will be honest with each other only two teams that will make it to Bowling Green most likely is Bell Co. and Breathitt Co.take a poll and be honest we all know this...Breathitt Co. did have a bad game offensively(and now we are over rated hahahaha) against SC and taking nothing away from Cardinal defense and fans(this will be Cardinals year in that district but Belfry owns it so SC FANS live it up this year but NO year after year stuff you can count on that,Belfry will be back). Now most all knows Breathitt Co.Bobcats are a 2TD better team than SC just not tonite we all seen that but next game will be a differant story,and Bell Co. is about that(2 TD better) with anyone on their schedule so that is my resoning for saying this..I have always said SC is toughest team on Breathitt Co. schedule but wasnt expecting such a let down,but hey it will make the Breathitt Co.Bobcats a better team when they are playing in State Championship they will look back at SC game and say THANK YOU for making us a better team you got our heads out of the high clouds and showed that we have to play BOBCAT Football. Go Bobcats!!!
:popcorn:
Wow! Not even a week after they got shutout and Breathitt has already improved 3 TD's. Without a doubt the most backhanded compliment that has ever been posted.

I said it on the other thread and will say it here, why are Breathitt fans so confident that they are so much better than SC? If this was a case that Breathitt controlled the game and lost based on turnovers deep in the other team's territory I might buy the logic, but SC pushed the Bobcats around, shut down their offense, and controlled the tempo. Sheldon Clark is implementing an entirely new offense this year and truth be told will probably improve just as much by season's end if not more than the veteran Bobcats.

I have no problem believing Breathitt will be in Bowling Green, they are a great team, but to dismiss the team who just physically dominated you as f it was a fluke is insulting.
I think the Poll is pretty good. I would however move SC above Belfry at the #5 spot.
sports-fan08 Wrote:Im loving Whitley at number 2! :Clap:
Cant wait till the Whitley/Bell; #2/#1 showdown.
Colonel stadium will be rockin'.

:rockon: This will be a GREAT game for both teams and fans!!!!! Go BOBCATS!!!!!!!
BatCat11 Wrote:Dont get me wrong i wasnt taking anything away from the Mountain Top 10 i was just making a point of our jump up to #6 and #2 to a user who is never happy with the rankings we receive. I would still like to see some kinda WYMT bowl at the beginning of the season with some of the top teams in it.

First of all, for you to say that I am never happy with our rankings is a joke. I made one post on here and you assume you know everything. You are just a kid and because you make posts on here everyday does not mean you know anymore than anyone else. I understand that we made a huge jump in the rankings but to still be behind a team that has lost a game is still insulting. Maybe if you played and stuck with it you would understand. :ChairHit:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I think the Poll is pretty good. I would however move SC above Belfry at the #5 spot.

I totally agree...
98.9 wsip(fm)
Hey, Bell Co Fans seemed like we had a problem with the raido station last weekend with the feed from here to Marion Co!!!! I would check out this radio station for the Bell-vs-J.C!!!! 98.9 WSIP (FM)

khsgamenight
Water Boy Join Date: Aug 2009

Are you coming to the game?
We host a post game scores show on 98.9 WSIP (FM). I was hoping to get the word out to the Bell fans that will be making the trip. We do a scores show from all the teams in the Eastern KY area. We follow the post game of the JC football games. We always try and give the Bell information when we can get it. So, I ask that you spread the word for me about our show and hopefully we will give you a better drive home getting all the scores from around the area. :popcorn:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I think the Poll is pretty good. I would however move SC above Belfry at the #5 spot.

I agree... Breathitt should be ahead of Belfry as well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I agree... Breathitt should be ahead of Belfry as well.

SC should be # 5 in the mountain top 10. Breathitt over Belfry? Toss up. It's hard to put either team ahead of the other.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:These teams will NOT play Bell Co anymore. Breathitt Co, Middlesboro, and Corbin they refuse too.

U know why,, Coach Hilton is the reason!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
they penalize LCC for our first two opponents. We should have not went down. That is just my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:they penalize LCC for our first two opponents. We should have not went down. That is just my opinion.

Don't take it personal. I'm sure it was just a strenghth of schedule thing. You know how this dang BCS stuff works.
i think belfrey is overrated this year. sheldon clark and breathitt are both better teams i believe.