Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Covington Catholic
7.14%
Lexington Catholic
92.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic @ Lexington Catholic Aug. 29
Part of the Bluegrass Bowl... Predictions/Thoughts?
I am buying Lexington Catholic in this match-up. Cov Cath is just a step behind this season.

Best of luck to both!
The Knights should be able to capture the victory here by two touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
Lex. Cath.
Lc 28-13
The old Prestonsburg coach is going to lead Lex Catholic to victory in this one.
I think Covcath will be waiting another week to get their first W under Coach Wirth.

Lexcath 29
Covcath 17
Lc 24 cc14
This game caps off a full day of dawn to dusk football at the Republic Bank Bluegrass Bowl.

4 Middle School games will be played featuring schools from across the state.

9:00 a.m. LCA vs. Pulaski Southern (8th)
10:30 a.m. Lone Oak vs. LC (7th)
12:00 - Bowling Green vs. Graves Co. (8th) Both of these team are traveling a long way east to be part of this unique day in Kentucky Prep football. Tyler Jopes, MVP of the East 7th grade team at the FBU All American Bowl in San Antonio Tx in January will lead the BG Purples.
1:45 - Lone Oak vs. LC (8th) - A rematch of the 2007 High School final? No quite, but it should be interesting. Both squads played in a number of 7 of 7 tournaments this summer. It should be interesting to see what kind of numbers can be posted.
5:30 - Woodford Co. vs. Western Hills. Two Bluegrass areas teams that want to get out to a good starts in 2009.
8:30 - Covth Cath vs. LC. These two teams almost always knew they had to go through each other in the playoffs under the old 4 class system. The series is tied 3 - 3. Winner breaks the ties and gets bragging rights - at least for a year.
LexCath should pull this out easily. And while I like Wirths' enthusiasm for his team, saying "It will be nice to get our first win under our belts next week at Lexcath" or whatever he said, I think he may have been a bit presumptuous and I think Lexcath will have somethin to say about that.
Lexington Catholic 31

Covington Catholic 17
drizzy Wrote:LexCath should pull this out easily. And while I like Wirths' enthusiasm for his team, saying "It will be nice to get our first win under our belts next week at Lexcath" or whatever he said, I think he may have been a bit presumptuous and I think Lexcath will have somethin to say about that.

I agree with you