Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice blowing up in AAU
It has been said by many on here that EJ would get his just due and all the Hype from the uninformed on here would be vindicated. Well, summer ball is over, EJ went at it with some quality pg's and comes out with one.........count them.............one, d1 offer. Lets hear from the Valley masses.............What went wrong? Do Pel and Donavon still call everyday?????? Lets hear from the hype mongers.. Surely all the SV experts on here weren't mistaken....... Although I hate to upset the many SV fans on here by saying "I told u so"............ Here goes nothing, I told u so.Confusedhh:
You're Cool :Thumbs:
letthebighogroot Wrote:It has been said by many on here that EJ would get his just due and all the Hype from the uninformed on here would be vindicated. Well, summer ball is over, EJ went at it with some quality pg's and comes out with one.........count them.............one, d1 offer. Lets hear from the Valley masses.............What went wrong? Do Pel and Donavon still call everyday?????? Lets hear from the hype mongers.. Surely all the SV experts on here weren't mistaken....... Although I hate to upset the many SV fans on here by saying "I told u so"............ Here goes nothing, I told u so.Confusedhh:

Exactly the type of idiotic posts that this site does not need. In the end EJ will be the winner, not someone hiding behind a screen name.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You're Cool :Thumbs:

Your sarcasm don't impress me. Believe me, I'm not here to impress a teenie bobber. Sorry if the truth as it pertains to your idol hurts............... Good luck in high school...
While I agree that EJ isn't as big of a D1 prospect as some on here talk him up to be, the kid is still talented enough to play at the D1 level and his lack of offers has nothing to do with his talent.

He had a very successful summer and regardless will have his education paid for in the end. Let's remember we're talking about a KID here. Justice played very well in every event that he participated in.

I want to wish him luck this coming season and in the end I GUARANTEE he'll end up at a D1 program, even if it is at the low-mid major level.
bucslover68 Wrote:Exactly the type of idiotic posts that this site does not need. In the end EJ will be the winner, not someone hiding behind a screen name.
Well, I've posted my name, address, shoe size, mother's maiden name, and address on here...........I got a ban for it. So I guess you will just have to take the truth and deal with it...........Show me where I said EJ wasn't a winner, or a good kid. You can't do it. I was just making a point, one that apparently brought you out of the bushes to defend your hype.
kywldcat01 Wrote:While I agree that EJ isn't as big of a D1 prospect as some on here talk him up to be, the kid is still talented enough to play at the D1 level and his lack of offers has nothing to do with his talent.

He had a very successful summer and regardless will have his education paid for in the end. Let's remember we're talking about a KID here. Justice played very well in every event that he participated in.

I want to wish him luck this coming season and in the end I GUARANTEE he'll end up at a D1 program, even if it is at the low-mid major level.

Agree totally. Wish him all the best..........Don't confuse my jabs at the SV fans as a jab at Justice.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Well, I've posted my name, address, shoe size, mother's maiden name, and address on here...........I got a ban for it. So I guess you will just have to take the truth and deal with it...........Show me where I said EJ wasn't a winner, or a good kid. You can't do it. I was just making a point, one that apparently brought you out of the bushes to defend your hype.

i don't have to defend his hype, he does it with his play on the court and more importantly his behavior off the court. I have never hyped him other than his stats and the facts of his on court play. Hype is a tool that is usually not lived up to by the person being hyped. In all instances, Justice has lived up to the expectations of his fans and team. BTW, why not come out and publicly state your agenda for such a critical post, and also, has college 2010 started yet. When it does, or when signing time comes and goes, then that will be the time to give a final judgement as to where EJ ended up. Until then, maybe you should keep your hogwash opinions to yourself.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Agree totally. Wish him all the best..........Don't confuse my jabs at the SV fans as a jab at Justice.
I agree with ya that you are just taking jabs at the SV fans, but even by doing that, you have to be careful about what you say because people do have such close connections to their programs. I take back my hogwash comment btw, and although i have no idols, except the man upstairs, i do think that kids like EJ are role models to the young players coming up.
bucslover68 Wrote:i don't have to defend his hype, he does it with his play on the court and more importantly his behavior off the court. I have never hyped him other than his stats and the facts of his on court play. Hype is a tool that is usually not lived up to by the person being hyped. In all instances, Justice has lived up to the expectations of his fans and team. BTW, why not come out and publicly state your agenda for such a critical post, and also, has college 2010 started yet. When it does, or when signing time comes and goes, then that will be the time to give a final judgement as to where EJ ended up. Until then, maybe you should keep your hogwash opinions to yourself.

I've already stated my agenda to the SV fans and Justice hype mongers on here........................Several times. But here it is again, just for you! Go watch a game outside of SV's gym, maybe even consider leaving Pike County......If you want to really get wild, leave the Region! As for my "hogwash opinion", well.....I'm as entitled to post it as you are yours, If you don't like mine, sit in your bedroom and daydream about starting in the backcourt alongside EJ for this years edition of SV. Because nobody, myself included, makes you read them.
bucslover68 Wrote:I agree with ya that you are just taking jabs at the SV fans, but even by doing that, you have to be careful about what you say because people do have such close connections to their programs. I take back my hogwash comment btw, and although i have no idols, except the man upstairs, i do think that kids like EJ are role models to the young players coming up.

Disregard my prior post........Glad we found a common ground..... I agree that he's a fine kid.......Hope mine turn out as good as him. Again, I have no ill will towards Justice.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I've already stated my agenda to the SV fans and Justice hype mongers on here........................Several times. But here it is again, just for you! Go watch a game outside of SV's gym, maybe even consider leaving Pike County......If you want to really get wild, leave the Region! As for my "hogwash opinion", well.....I'm as entitled to post it as you are yours, If you don't like mine, sit in your bedroom and daydream about starting in the backcourt alongside EJ for this years edition of SV. Because nobody, myself included, makes you read them.

Nobody expects everyone to agree, but I would rather read objective posts about a kid than some biased post that is basically made to stir up a group of fans. Let me give an example, and i am not doing this to be a smart butt.

IMO, EJ has to continue to improve his outside shooting. He has done this every year and needs to continue to work at it. He is an awesome penetrator, but sometimes he gets too deep and ends up taking some low percentage shots. On the plus side, his instincts are some of the best I have seen at this level, and his "it" factor is amazing. He is a great ball handler and assist man and a fantastic defender. He has a D1 body, but his height does hurt him. I think that he is good enough to play at a mid-major and be a factor in D1, but he could also have a great career at an NAIA school. The talent at that level is really good and he would fit in with a lot of good NAIA programs.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Disregard my prior post........Glad we found a common ground..... I agree that he's a fine kid.......Hope mine turn out as good as him. Again, I have no ill will towards Justice.

I am a fan of all teams. I like your passion and i am not some weakling who thinks everyone has to get along. I grew up in Belfry, but now live and work in Pikeville. EJ is not the second coming, but he is a special player whom I really like watching play.
kywldcat01 Wrote:While I agree that EJ isn't as big of a D1 prospect as some on here talk him up to be, the kid is still talented enough to play at the D1 level and his lack of offers has nothing to do with his talent.

:Thumbs:
letthebighogroot Wrote:It has been said by many on here that EJ would get his just due and all the Hype from the uninformed on here would be vindicated. Well, summer ball is over, EJ went at it with some quality pg's and comes out with one.........count them.............one, d1 offer. Lets hear from the Valley masses.............What went wrong? Do Pel and Donavon still call everyday?????? Lets hear from the hype mongers.. Surely all the SV experts on here weren't mistaken....... Although I hate to upset the many SV fans on here by saying "I told u so"............ Here goes nothing, I told u so.Confusedhh:

Aren't you one of the diehard Elliott CO fans I've sure not heard much from your boys this summer and don't you think it's a little early to start running your trap because it's a long season and I sure don't feel like listening to you all year. :flame:
bigman77 Wrote:Aren't you one of the diehard Elliott CO fans I've sure not heard much from your boys this summer and don't you think it's a little early to start running your trap because it's a long season and I sure don't feel like listening to you all year. :flame:

Exactly, I'm with you BIGMAN It's going to be a long season and I wish he would just lay down somewhere because I don't want to hear his trap either!!!!:zzz::zzz::zzz:
im tired of people being jelous of elisha and trying to bring him down, i am sorry for those people. he will end up being a great college player, but the most important thing is that his education will be paid for as mentioned in an earlier post.

I knew it had been a while since I had seen some anti-Shelby Valley rhetoric on here. Never fear, our favorite SV hater is back with more venom to spew. Some on here don't realize that you can disagree with other members' opinions without trying to stir up trouble.

Now we're talking. Here is an unbiased, objective opinion on the subject, but without the condescending attitude. While he may disagree with some of the overzealous SV fans on here, he also praises Justice's play and wishes him well. Good post.

The difference here is that while some members get on BGR to participate in meaningful discussions about sports, others are only on here in a desperate attempt to stir up trouble. When nearly half of someone's posts over the last few months are negative posts about another school, it's obvious which camp said member falls into.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The bottom line is EJ and Shelby Valley will dominate the 15th region again whether you like it or not.
EJ will only continue to get better.. Very good kid and wishes him best in the next level.
The bighogg and I see a lot of things eye to eye,I didn't see where is was slamming Mr.Justice personally,but the fans who get on here and act like he is the best player going today and he was getting major D1 offers from schools like Arkansas and Florida there was one post even suggested that Calipari was recruiting him. If that is true then great.

I agree with kywldcat01 has a great insight on what kind of school he will be attending and to his abilities and the best thing is he WILL GET A FREE EDUCATION. I believe bighogg has said some of the same things on more than one occasion but some were to blind to see it. Some say they don't want to hear bighogg this season that is the way some feel about hearing all the bs hype about Justice,it's not fair to anyone especially Justice. When a player gets that much buildup from the hometown fans and not from outsiders backlash is to be expected.

Did anyone question that Shelby Valley wouldn't dominate the 15th this year?
So much for not bashing individuals.....hope the big hog root is happy about putting down a teenager.
JIMLEE58 Wrote:So much for not bashing individuals.....hope the big hog root is happy about putting down a teenager.

Yeah, he should feel real good about himself !!!! Justice is a young kid working hard to achieve his dream, and all of his fans are behind him 100%, I dont think I have ever heard any thing negative on the kid what so ever, if I'm not mistaken he has a 4.0 grade point avg, so that tells me he will be a success even without basketball, and I applaud him for his hard work, as should everyone else !!!!! I wish him all the luck in the world and I know he will be successful in what ever he does, BTW I'm a LCCHS fan, but I do know talent when I see it !!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:Yeah, he should feel real good about himself !!!! Justice is a young kid working hard to achieve his dream, and all of his fans are behind him 100%, I dont think I have ever heard any thing negative on the kid what so ever, if I'm not mistaken he has a 4.0 grade point avg, so that tells me he will be a success even without basketball, and I applaud him for his hard work, as should everyone else !!!!! I wish him all the luck in the world and I know he will be successful in what ever he does, BTW I'm a LCCHS fan, but I do know talent when I see it !!!!!!

Big Hog,

First off you should wait until the story is over before you say I told you so!

Second there may only be a handful of people if any on this board that have watched more SV games since 1991 than myself. Just love basketball. I can say that Jusice has out lived lot of the expectations. I remember watching him in his first go around in the regional tourney he was a very small kid, very quick with good handles. Not a great scorer but would occasionally knock the three. I thought this kid could be special but his size will always be a problem. Since then he has grown a little (not much) and added 20 pounds of muscle(hard work) He has competed well at Rupp and against other top competition in state and out of state. He is an ALL A STATE CHAMPION AND TOURNEY MVP. HE EARNED ALL STATE HONORS AND WILL BE IN CONSIDERATION FOR MR BASKETBALL THIS SEASON. He has gotten to travel and play against the best players in the country through AAU and ELITE CAMPS. Knock him if you want, knock the SV fans for loving him if you want but make no mistake about it. He has exceeded any expecations set for a kid that is to small to play from Dorton KY and that is whether is playing D1, NAIA or anything in between next fall. He has made a place for himself in the history books of mountain high school basketball.
5timechamp Wrote:big hog,

first off you should wait until the story is over before you say i told you so!

Second there may only be a handful of people if any on this board that have watched more sv games since 1991 than myself. Just love basketball. I can say that jusice has out lived lot of the expectations. I remember watching him in his first go around in the regional tourney he was a very small kid, very quick with good handles. Not a great scorer but would occasionally knock the three. I thought this kid could be special but his size will always be a problem. Since then he has grown a little (not much) and added 20 pounds of muscle(hard work) he has competed well at rupp and against other top competition in state and out of state. He is an all a state champion and tourney mvp. He earned all state honors and will be in consideration for mr basketball this season. He has gotten to travel and play against the best players in the country through aau and elite camps. Knock him if you want, knock the sv fans for loving him if you want but make no mistake about it. He has exceeded any expecations set for a kid that is to small to play from dorton ky and that is whether is playing d1, naia or anything in between next fall. He has made a place for himself in the history books of mountain high school basketball.

great post !!!!!
Let's get off the young man , he is a great kid and a great young player , time will tell and he will show everyone what he is made of by the end of the year .good luck young man and have a great year.
5timechamp Wrote:Big Hog,

First off you should wait until the story is over before you say I told you so!

Second there may only be a handful of people if any on this board that have watched more SV games since 1991 than myself. Just love basketball. I can say that Jusice has out lived lot of the expectations. I remember watching him in his first go around in the regional tourney he was a very small kid, very quick with good handles. Not a great scorer but would occasionally knock the three. I thought this kid could be special but his size will always be a problem. Since then he has grown a little (not much) and added 20 pounds of muscle(hard work) He has competed well at Rupp and against other top competition in state and out of state. He is an ALL A STATE CHAMPION AND TOURNEY MVP. HE EARNED ALL STATE HONORS AND WILL BE IN CONSIDERATION FOR MR BASKETBALL THIS SEASON. He has gotten to travel and play against the best players in the country through AAU and ELITE CAMPS. Knock him if you want, knock the SV fans for loving him if you want but make no mistake about it. He has exceeded any expecations set for a kid that is to small to play from Dorton KY and that is whether is playing D1, NAIA or anything in between next fall. He has made a place for himself in the history books of mountain high school basketball.
Fantastic post. Here is the deal. Enjoy this year and enjoy the talents of Elisha. There is no one anywhere around here that plays with as much passion. You just do not see it all the time. Enjoy Shelby Valley's team. Are they a bit arrogant sometimes? Yep, who cares. As long as they don't go overboard , let kids be kids. They have a real shot at getting back to Rupp and making it farther than last year. Here is my advice to them. Play with energy and passion, but keep the flashiness and bling to a minimum. Let your play do the talking and your record speak for itself. Try to improve each game, and do not let being "Kings of the 15th Region" be your main goal. Aspire to be the best TEAM you can be and all the other individual and team goals and awards will fall in place.
bucslover68 Wrote:Fantastic post. Here is the deal. Enjoy this year and enjoy the talents of Elisha. There is no one anywhere around here that plays with as much passion. You just do not see it all the time. Enjoy Shelby Valley's team. Are they a bit arrogant sometimes? Yep, who cares. As long as they don't go overboard , let kids be kids. They have a real shot at getting back to Rupp and making it farther than last year. Here is my advice to them. Play with energy and passion, but keep the flashiness and bling to a minimum. Let your play do the talking and your record speak for itself. Try to improve each game, and do not let being "Kings of the 15th Region" be your main goal. Aspire to be the best TEAM you can be and all the other individual and team goals and awards will fall in place.

Ahh lord, I looked over this thread as soon as I saw who started it. I take great enjoyment out of your posts in this one Cowbell.