Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tates Creek Receives Transfer
Spoke with Marcellus Barksdale earlier and he informed me that a student by the name of Jaleel Cousins, a 6'8 sophomore, has enrolled at Tates Creek and he met him the second day of school.

For those of you wondering, yes, Jaleel is related to current UK freshman Demarcus Cousins. Should shake things up in the 11th region.
Tates Creek was already going to be good.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Spoke with Marcellus Barksdale earlier and he informed me that a student by the name of Jaleel Cousins, a 6'8 sophomore, has enrolled at Tates Creek and he met him the second day of school.

For those of you wondering, yes, Jaleel is related to current UK freshman Demarcus Cousins. Should shake things up in the 11th region.

Wow, pretty interesting
Panther Thunder Wrote:Tates Creek was already going to be good.

Fucci and Barksdale are one of the best 1-2 combos in the state. If this kid has any bit of talent, they could be a serious contender for the 11th region title. The only thing they were missing this year was a big man. Cousins would be able to play in the post which would allow Barksdale to play his true positon, the 3.
Nice addition to a team that was not bad to begin with.
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Nice addition to a team that was not bad to begin with.

Agree, and coach Wayne Breeden is an outstanding coach. Look for TC to make some noise this year.
Valley will not have a close game in he region[double figures in a every game]The next few maybe a different story.
Tubby Lover Wrote:Valley will not have a close game in he region[double figures in a every game]The next few maybe a different story.

Huh?
Tubby Lover Wrote:Valley will not have a close game in he region[double figures in a every game]The next few maybe a different story.

What does this post have to do with Tates Creek?
BTW, I plan on getting in touch with Coach Breeden hopefully sometime today or tomorrow so I'll get some information on the kid as far as where he came from, what type of impact he'll make, etc.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Huh?

This thread is not about Shelby Valley so why post something. Adding the 6 - 8 Cousins to go with Barsdale and Fucci will play Tates Creek and Scott County as the two top teams in the 11th. Will certainly be interesting this coming year.
Down and Out Wrote:This thread is not about Shelby Valley so why post something. Adding the 6 - 8 Cousins to go with Barsdale and Fucci will play Tates Creek and Scott County as the two top teams in the 11th. Will certainly be interesting this coming year.

Don't count out Lexcath. They will also be pretty solid this year with the following lineup:

6'0 Beckham
6'3 Martin
6'3 Schuette
6'7 Conrad
6'7 Peurach

I think Scott Co, Lexcath, and Tates Creek will be the top 3 teams in the 11th.
Isn't Tates Creek one of the public schools in Lexington that refuse to play Lexington Catholic because Lex Cath allows athletic transfers?
So are the Cousins cousins.