Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co./Estill Co. Scrimmage
Did anyone see this one?
Clay got after them as the scrimmage wore on.
defense1 Wrote:Clay got after them as the scrimmage wore on.

give us more details
That is what one of the Junior Coaches at the game said. Apparently Coach Arnette has some returners that can play defense well enough to minimize that smash mouth double wing that Estill runs..........they did not lose many of their players to graduation and I believe they racked 40 point on Somerset last year in the second round of the playoffs.
I didn't see this one so this is second hand. I was told that Clay pushed Estill all over the field after the first series. The reports I am hearing is that Clay is much stronger and more physical than in the past few years. The new coach has changed them dramatically. I also heard everyone will be surprised at how much improved they are.
I had been told this prior to the scrimmage but last night talked to some guys that were ecstatic after actually seeing them in action.
defense1 Wrote:That is what one of the Junior Coaches at the game said. Apparently Coach Arnette has some returners that can play defense well enough to minimize that smash mouth double wing that Estill runs..........they did not lose many of their players to graduation and I believe they racked 40 point on Somerset last year in the second round of the playoffs.

Estill has 1 returning starter on Off. and 3 on def. from last year's squad.
defense1 Wrote:That is what one of the Junior Coaches at the game said. Apparently Coach Arnette has some returners that can play defense well enough to minimize that smash mouth double wing that Estill runs..........they did not lose many of their players to graduation and I believe they racked 40 point on Somerset last year in the second round of the playoffs.

Clay Co. is physical, they were the better team, Estill has a lot of room for improvement but Coach Jones will make sure they progress. The double wing was fine during the first quarter, but a lack of conditioning as well as the physical play from Clay Co. slowed it down as the game progressed. Estill lost 11 seniors last year, this time will be ok, but this is the first time most of them have seen a solid football team, just give them time.