Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2009
Sorry about that, but I felt like my comment was because what they do in the off season makes them a better football team. The title is Johnson Central 2009. I was just saying they do a better job than some because of off season sports. I will start a wrestling thread, and apologize.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I am glad that Belfry is being over looked
again just like the last two years. We like
it that way.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This thread is about Johnson Central football, their 2009 schedule, and how they will do in the 2009 season. Not about anything else, keep it on-topic!

Somebody needs a nap. I think you owe CP08 an appology. He was merely stating a fact and he is totally 100% right. This old Eagle appreciates your post CP08.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I wish that we can get them up there to take the sport seriously. They don't understand that this helps the football team, and it gives coaches in the football world a extra 4 months conditioning.

cougarpride08 Wrote:that is why I don't understand. Get one of the assistants or someone to get this program right, and the football program will only get better..Here is why

July-Nov=Football
Nov-Feb=Wrestling extra conditioning and technique working with football players.
Mar=Spring practice
Apr-May-The only two month where nothing is going on except to run track to work on speed.
Jun-7VS7 then dead period
July-Then you are right back to football.

Johnson Central gets this, and has done a really good job getting this done.

Im an old Eagle and I aprove this post.TongueirateSho
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I am glad that Belfry is being over looked
again just like the last two years. We like
it that way.

Geez if I'm not mistaken there has only been two Central fans on this entire thread that predicted Central to beat Belfry. I'll tell you I'm a fan of Belfry football but some of you that get on here and constantly complain about being overlooked is getting old. MOST JC football fans know the Belfry game will be a war but sadly there are always some fans for all teams that think their teams can't be beat and we have our fair share of them. I'm sure there was some Belfry fans that thought last years Breathitt County game would be a Belfry win also. It's happens everywhere. You guys have probably the best program in the mountains so there's no need for some of you to suffer from the Rodney Dangerfield syndrome. Trust me most Central fans have the upmost respect for the Belfry Pirate program.
bigjim4packers Wrote:Somebody needs a nap. I think you owe CP08 an appology. He was merely stating a fact and he is totally 100% right. This old Eagle appreciates your post CP08.

The offtopic posts that outdoorsman43 was reffering to was removed from the thread.
im afraid to post on here now
beasy_bo Wrote:im afraid to post on here now

Be careful there BB the thread police will get ya if you don't stay on topic.
Oh ya Ummm, Go JCHS. Almost committed a topic felony.
therealville Wrote:btw, matney is a class act. Good guy.

mudd cleats!!!!! Temper tantrum accusing cats of cheeting on the radio
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:mudd cleats!!!!! Temper tantrum accusing cats of cheeting on the radio

what are you talking about?
the game at ashlannd in 2006 matney was caught throwing his clipboard received two personal fouls at the end of the game and then accused ashland of using illegal cleats with longer spikes to be quciker and faster on a muddy field
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:the game at ashlannd in 2006 matney was caught throwing his clipboard received two personal fouls at the end of the game and then accused ashland of using illegal cleats with longer spikes to be quciker and faster on a muddy field

Tell the whole story. That was the game where a FG was ruled no good at the end of the game, that by most accounts was viewed at being good by most people in the stadium. That's what all the hullabalu was over, not cleats.

Were you there?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Tell the whole story. That was the game where a FG was ruled no good at the end of the game, that by most accounts was viewed at being good by most people in the stadium. That's what all the hullabalu was over, not cleats.

Were you there?
Also that game was in '05 , not '06.
Very surprised JC was beaten that bad. They have time to bounce back though. They have to be better than the showing they made friday night.
This may be a little off topic, but who is JCHS line coach since Burchett left?
hawg laig Wrote:This may be a little off topic, but who is JCHS line coach since Burchett left?

?????
Tony Burchett had coached the O & D line at Johnson Central since Matney arrived, but he left to be head coach at Powell Co. Who did Matney get to replace him?

I'm more than a little prejudice, because Coach Burchett was one of my coaches years ago.
hawg laig Wrote:Tony Burchett had coached the O & D line at Johnson Central since Matney arrived, but he left to be head coach at Powell Co. Who did Matney get to replace him?

I'm more than a little prejudice, because Coach Burchett was one of my coaches years ago.

Coach Burchett never coached the D-line at Central. Coach Patterson has been doing that for a few years and Stuart Cook was there before that. He was however the O-line coach from 2004-2008. Jamie Kennedy was hired to coach the O-line.

Coach Burchett is an amazing coach and a great person!
Thanks for the info!
Keepnitreal Wrote:Coach Burchett never coached the D-line at Central. Coach Patterson has been doing that for a few years and Stuart Cook was there before that. He was however the O-line coach from 2004-2008. Jamie Kennedy was hired to coach the O-line.

Coach Burchett is an amazing coach and a great person!
Coach Burchett IMO is one of the best if not the best O-line coach in the state. He did a great job at JC last year that team lead the nation in rushing. Any body that knows football knows that no matter how good the backs are they can't do it with out the line and their blocks. When he was at Lawrence co under Chuke they lead the state almost every year in rushing that agian I think the credit goes to the line. I am so glad coach Burchett got a head coaching job good luck to him and sorry for JC's loss.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Also that game was in '05 , not '06.

yeah i realized my mistake we were the class of 06 so i put 06 and on bluegrass preps there were pics directly ahead of the goal post showing the kick to be wide right the sightlines at that end from the field are horrible but i believe even jc's kicker said the kick was no good and you could tell by his reaction he missed it since he didnt celebrate tying the game
another thing i would like to clarify is do not take my statements on here personally i have never seen a jc player take a cheap shot or had any problems with a jc fan i actually still remember jc players helping ashland players up in the playoff game at jc as well as tomcats helping eagles my issues are with coach matney only the comments made from that game and his tendency to leave starters in and run up scores not the players fans or community
Dawg Family Wrote:Coach Burchett IMO is one of the best if not the best O-line coach in the state. He did a great job at JC last year that team lead the nation in rushing. Any body that knows football knows that no matter how good the backs are they can't do it with out the line and their blocks. When he was at Lawrence co under Chuke they lead the state almost every year in rushing that agian I think the credit goes to the line. I am so glad coach Burchett got a head coaching job good luck to him and sorry for JC's loss.

Complete agreement:Thumbs: