Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted places in Kentucky
Besides Waverly Manor, does anyone know any haunted places in Kentucky?:bigeyed:
Wickham Hall of Pikeville College.
PLAYBOY5's house is pretty scary. Big Grin
Waverly Hills, Boone Tavern at Berea College, Keene Hall at EKU, Four Mile Road in Richmond, White Hall Mansion in Richmond, Frozen Creek, Feds Creek High School, the old Shelbiana school, Lexington Cemetery, Fine Arts Library at UK, Nunn Hall at Morehead, Tunnel Hill in Hazard, Mikes Branch and Wickham Hall in Pikeville, Westwood in Whitesburg.

And I know this isn't in Kentucky, but 22 Mine Road in Logan Co. West Virignia, and the abandoned mine nearby. This place was freaky.

I don't know if Frozen Creek is still around. I've heard stories that they tore it down, but not confirmed. If not, it'd be cool to have a BGR outing to Frozen Creek one night this fall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Waverly Hills, Boone Tavern at Berea College, Keene Hall at EKU, Four Mile Road in Richmond, White Hall Mansion in Richmond, Frozen Creek, Feds Creek High School, the old Shelbiana school, Lexington Cemetery, Fine Arts Library at UK, Nunn Hall at Morehead, Tunnel Hill in Hazard, Mikes Branch and Wickham Hall in Pikeville, Westwood in Whitesburg.

And I know this isn't in Kentucky, but 22 Mine Road in Logan Co. West Virignia, and the abandoned mine nearby. This place was freaky.

I don't know if Frozen Creek is still around. I've heard stories that they tore it down, but not confirmed. If not, it'd be cool to have a BGR outing to Frozen Creek one night this fall.

There is a place in Letcher Co. that is haunted? I've lived here all of my life and never heard of any spot being haunted (besides PLAYBOY's house) and if there was I wouldn't think Westwood of all places would be one.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Waverly Hills, Boone Tavern at Berea College, Keene Hall at EKU, Four Mile Road in Richmond, White Hall Mansion in Richmond, Frozen Creek, Feds Creek High School, the old Shelbiana school, Lexington Cemetery, Fine Arts Library at UK, Nunn Hall at Morehead, Tunnel Hill in Hazard, Mikes Branch and Wickham Hall in Pikeville, Westwood in Whitesburg.

Frozen Creek was torn down unforunately. Feds Creek High School wasn't haunted, I went there for years as did many members of my family. I've read the thing online about why they thought it was haunted but none of it was true. TVs didn't go on and off on their own, no crows around the windows, all of that stuff. Tunnel Hill, Four Mile Road, and Wickham Hall are definitely all interesting though.
thetribe Wrote:Frozen Creek was torn down unforunately. Feds Creek High School wasn't haunted, I went there for years as did many members of my family. I've read the thing online about why they thought it was haunted but none of it was true. TVs didn't go on and off on their own, no crows around the windows, all of that stuff. Tunnel Hill, Four Mile Road, and Wickham Hall are definitely all interesting though.

tribe, can you fill all of us including me in, on Tunnel Hill, Four Mile Road, and Wickham Hall? I've never heard of those places being haunted.
Isn't there an old hospital in Maysville that's haunted?
Jshort5 Wrote:tribe, can you fill all of us including me in, on Tunnel Hill, Four Mile Road, and Wickham Hall? I've never heard of those places being haunted.

I can't remember the story behind Tunnel Hill in Hazard but while I lived there, the boys that I worked with and their friends went up there, got really freaked out, and ended up inside the train tunnel when the train came and had to press themselves up against the walls as tight as they could and was still being slightly grazed by the train at times. Four Mile Road in Richmond is the place where people go to pick up Egypt. She was a little girl who got killed and people always see her there at the four mile marker. So they say if you drive out there and roll down your windows and invite her into your car she will ride with you. You can drive around wherever you want to but if you don't take her back to the spot where you picked her up they say that you will wreck before you can make it home. Wickham Hall is the part of Pikeville College that used to be the old hospital I do believe. You are supposed to be able to hear people crying, yelling out, walking the halls, a mother looking for her baby, things of that nature. I've had some big, burly guy friends who have been creeped out at all three locations, even a former Marine who would remind you of Brock Lesner.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Isn't there an old hospital in Maysville that's haunted?

Hayswood Hospital, or something like that. Seemed like a really weird place from what I read about it years ago. It's worth checking into if you live close enough to round up some people and go visit.
thetribe Wrote:I can't remember the story behind Tunnel Hill in Hazard but while I lived there, the boys that I worked with and their friends went up there, got really freaked out, and ended up inside the train tunnel when the train came and had to press themselves up against the walls as tight as they could and was still being slightly grazed by the train at times. Four Mile Road in Richmond is the place where people go to pick up Egypt. She was a little girl who got killed and people always see her there at the four mile marker. So they say if you drive out there and roll down your windows and invite her into your car she will ride with you. You can drive around wherever you want to but if you don't take her back to the spot where you picked her up they say that you will wreck before you can make it home. Wickham Hall is the part of Pikeville College that used to be the old hospital I do believe. You are supposed to be able to hear people crying, yelling out, walking the halls, a mother looking for her baby, things of that nature. I've had some big, burly guy friends who have been creeped out at all three locations, even a former Marine who would remind you of Brock Lesner.

As an RA in Wickham Hall, I can say I've not heard the crying, but the showers have turned on while I was brushing my teeth one night and no one was in there but me, the lights go on and off when they want, little kids can be seen in the hallways sometimes. It is quite creepy.
JCHS football field is haunted. Opponents go in winners and come out losers. It's all very spooky. :boosign:
thetribe Wrote:Hayswood Hospital, or something like that. Seemed like a really weird place from what I read about it years ago. It's worth checking into if you live close enough to round up some people and go visit.

:Thumbs:

That's it. I have never been there but have had several people tell me it was well worth the drive from nky to Maysville to check it out.

There's also haunted tunnels up here in nky out off Locust Pike. They were built during the W.P.A back in the 20's and apparently a lot of the men were killed while building them since there wasn't much technology and everything was done by hand. They are twin tunnels. The one on the left you can see all the way through...I've actually walked all the way through it and didn't seem haunted to me. The one on the right however, is quite spooky. It's so long and curvy, one you get in it to a certain point, you can't see behind you or in front of you because it's so dark. When you get in it, there are man holes for where the workers would stand while building it if a train came along. The thing that gets everyone is, nobody has ever been all the way through it. Once you get in to a certain point a train ALWAYS comes and you have to run out of it. The legend is, IF, you make it all the way to the end, you don't return because there's someone/something waiting at the other end of the tunnel for you.

Since I don't know anyone who's ever been all the way through it, the legend continues. There was also a body of a woman that was found near the tunnel probably 10 years ago that had been brutally beaten. Many think she haunts the tunnel as well.
Jshort5 Wrote:There is a place in Letcher Co. that is haunted? I've lived here all of my life and never heard of any spot being haunted (besides PLAYBOY's house) and if there was I wouldn't think Westwood of all places would be one.

thetribe Wrote:Frozen Creek was torn down unforunately. Feds Creek High School wasn't haunted, I went there for years as did many members of my family. I've read the thing online about why they thought it was haunted but none of it was true. TVs didn't go on and off on their own, no crows around the windows, all of that stuff. Tunnel Hill, Four Mile Road, and Wickham Hall are definitely all interesting though.

I never went to Feds Creek High School, just knew that people said it was haunted.

As for Westwood, that's a whole big mess in itself. About 3 years ago, my friends and I were all into ghost hunting. We found a site that said there was an area at Westwood that had 3 old graveyards, and some of them were Civil War graves and that if you went there you could sometimes here gunshots and see Civil War soldiers running into and out of the woods.

We went...and found nothing. After that disappointment we decided to drive to Frozen Creek, since we knew it was still standing and that freaky stuff happened there. This was our second trip to Frozen Creek, so we were prepared with flashlights, video camera, etc. (The first time we went, we only had the light of our cell phones) We spent about an hour walking around one part of the school, I think it was the girl's dormitory, and then went up to where the gym was. Me and another friend stopped at the car to get the video camera. We were also replacing the D batteries in a huge Maglite that had died even though it had brand new batteries put in it before our trip. As we were doing this, the two other guys we were with ran out of the gym area and jumped in the car. I was near the trunk, so I walked up to the window and asked, "What's going on?" They wouldn't say anything other than to get in the car and that we were leaving now.

We got in the car and I tried to convince them to stay, but they would not. It wasn't until we got to the bottom of the hill, near the main road before one of them told us what had happened. Supposedly, they had seen a big black shadow standing right in the doorway on the other side of the gym. One of the guys saw it first and stopped moving and just stared at it. The other guy then saw what he was looking at freaked out.

It's disappointing that Frozen Creek is now torn down, but I can understand why. The building was decrepit and probably very dangerous.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heres a list of Haunted places on this website.

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/kentucky.htm
Wow, I didn't know that there were so many haunted spots in the mountains. lol.
I know that during Halloween maybe, that you can go to that hospital in Louisville and they give you like $100 if you can stay all night.
i want to go to plaboy's house LOL!!!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:I never went to Feds Creek High School, just knew that people said it was haunted.

As for Westwood, that's a whole big mess in itself. About 3 years ago, my friends and I were all into ghost hunting. We found a site that said there was an area at Westwood that had 3 old graveyards, and some of them were Civil War graves and that if you went there you could sometimes here gunshots and see Civil War soldiers running into and out of the woods.

We went...and found nothing. After that disappointment we decided to drive to Frozen Creek, since we knew it was still standing and that freaky stuff happened there. This was our second trip to Frozen Creek, so we were prepared with flashlights, video camera, etc. (The first time we went, we only had the light of our cell phones) We spent about an hour walking around one part of the school, I think it was the girl's dormitory, and then went up to where the gym was. Me and another friend stopped at the car to get the video camera. We were also replacing the D batteries in a huge Maglite that had died even though it had brand new batteries put in it before our trip. As we were doing this, the two other guys we were with ran out of the gym area and jumped in the car. I was near the trunk, so I walked up to the window and asked, "What's going on?" They wouldn't say anything other than to get in the car and that we were leaving now.

We got in the car and I tried to convince them to stay, but they would not. It wasn't until we got to the bottom of the hill, near the main road before one of them told us what had happened. Supposedly, they had seen a big black shadow standing right in the doorway on the other side of the gym. One of the guys saw it first and stopped moving and just stared at it. The other guy then saw what he was looking at freaked out.

It's disappointing that Frozen Creek is now torn down, but I can understand why. The building was decrepit and probably very dangerous.
What about the old cemetary up next to Pikeville College where Octavias head supposedly spins?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What about the old cemetary up next to Pikeville College where Octavias head supposedly spins?

Been there...nothing happened. Can't say I know anyone who's had anything happen up there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jshort5 Wrote:Wow, I didn't know that there were so many haunted spots in the mountains. lol.
I know that during Halloween maybe, that you can go to that hospital in Louisville and they give you like $100 if you can stay all night.

That's Waverly. I'm not sure if they still do that competition or not, but I do know that whenever they did the competition, they had hired actors to go around and scare people. They don't do that for the normal tours.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I work for the railroad and Ive been to mikes branch many many times at night and Ive not seen anything there.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What about the old cemetary up next to Pikeville College where Octavias head supposedly spins?

Was a group of students who would go up there and turn it. They ended up breaking part of the statue so I imagine that if she did haunt the cemetery, it would be worse now.
kywldcat01 Wrote::Thumbs:

That's it. I have never been there but have had several people tell me it was well worth the drive from nky to Maysville to check it out.

There's also haunted tunnels up here in nky out off Locust Pike. They were built during the W.P.A back in the 20's and apparently a lot of the men were killed while building them since there wasn't much technology and everything was done by hand. They are twin tunnels. The one on the left you can see all the way through...I've actually walked all the way through it and didn't seem haunted to me. The one on the right however, is quite spooky. It's so long and curvy, one you get in it to a certain point, you can't see behind you or in front of you because it's so dark. When you get in it, there are man holes for where the workers would stand while building it if a train came along. The thing that gets everyone is, nobody has ever been all the way through it. Once you get in to a certain point a train ALWAYS comes and you have to run out of it. The legend is, IF, you make it all the way to the end, you don't return because there's someone/something waiting at the other end of the tunnel for you.

Since I don't know anyone who's ever been all the way through it, the legend continues. There was also a body of a woman that was found near the tunnel probably 10 years ago that had been brutally beaten. Many think she haunts the tunnel as well.

I would like to try that tunnel. I've been through the train tunnel between Feds Creek and Biggs Creek area in Pike County on a motorcycle. I tried it on foot years later but got to the middle and couldn't see in front or behind me. I pushed on in those conditions but ended up having to take very small, slow steps, feel with my hands at some point in order to stay in the middle of the track and go back the way I came.

I have heard that Waverly was bought by someone else and they do not do the tours and things anymore but I can't confirm that.
thetribe Wrote:I would like to try that tunnel. I've been through the train tunnel between Feds Creek and Biggs Creek area in Pike County on a motorcycle. I tried it on foot years later but got to the middle and couldn't see in front or behind me. I pushed on in those conditions but ended up having to take very small, slow steps, feel with my hands at some point in order to stay in the middle of the track and go back the way I came.

I have heard that Waverly was bought by someone else and they do not do the tours and things anymore but I can't confirm that.
Is the rail still active? If so DO NOT GO INTO A TUNNEL WHERE YOU COULD MEET A TRAIN!!!!!
I lived in Wickham Hall for 2 years when I played football/baseball at Pikeville College. In my time there, I heard a few loud thuds in the stair well...but nothing aside from that. The lights might have flickered on and off, but it was P. Diddy (old janitor) doing that. Also, the only kids I seen were those of the football players being brought in by their baby's momma.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I work for the railroad and Ive been to mikes branch many many times at night and Ive not seen anything there.

Went there one night too, saw nothing paranormal, but we did get run off by some old guy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Is the rail still active? If so DO NOT GO INTO A TUNNEL WHERE YOU COULD MEET A TRAIN!!!!!

The train is still running but I was pretty confident about being able to hear and see it in order to get out of the way in time. I know it's not necessarily a smart idea but it's pretty wild when you get so far back in there.
thetribe Wrote:I would like to try that tunnel. I've been through the train tunnel between Feds Creek and Biggs Creek area in Pike County on a motorcycle. I tried it on foot years later but got to the middle and couldn't see in front or behind me. I pushed on in those conditions but ended up having to take very small, slow steps, feel with my hands at some point in order to stay in the middle of the track and go back the way I came.

Waverly is still owned by the same woman that's owned it for the last few years. You can still book tours here:

http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/tours.htm

4 hour tour - $50
8 hour tour - $100

2 hour tour - $22
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IRISH4 Wrote:I lived in Wickham Hall for 2 years when I played football/baseball at Pikeville College. In my time there, I heard a few loud thuds in the stair well...but nothing aside from that. The lights might have flickered on and off, but it was P. Diddy (old janitor) doing that. Also, the only kids I seen were those of the football players being brought in by their baby's momma.

If I remember the story correctly, a friend of mine was locked in Wickham over a holiday break and him along with his group of a few friends had to open a window a couple of floors up and manage to get out. It's been years since he told me about it so that could be incorrect but to the best of my knowledge that was what he said.

I have heard a story about a woman that is supposed to haunt it because when it was the hospital, her baby had some complications and had passed away so she woke up to realize that her baby was no longer with her and ran the halls searching and screaming in a panic.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Waverly is still owned by the same woman that's owned it for the last few years. You can still book tours here:

http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/tours.htm

4 hour tour - $50
8 hour tour - $100

2 hour tour - $22

I had heard that a man took it over and was running some things differently. Maybe they are not allowed to hold outdoor concerts there anymore.