Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paige Slone
Crazy Horse Wrote:Thats a lie. Quit trying to start rumors that are not true. As far as some of the other post, she is getting looked at while playing at Cordia. She is able to get to score a lot and that is getting her noticed. At bigger schools like PCC and KCC, she won't have as much freedom because of the other girls abilities. If she does go to a different school, her best bet would be Breathitt because she will get looked at their a lot more then she would at PCC and Knott.

Between her and Kendell they would rule the 14th for years to come. Also they would have some big time coaches looking at them.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Thats a lie. Quit trying to start rumors that are not true. As far as some of the other post, she is getting looked at while playing at Cordia. She is able to get to score a lot and that is getting her noticed. At bigger schools like PCC and KCC, she won't have as much freedom because of the other girls abilities. If she does go to a different school, her best bet would be Breathitt because she will get looked at their a lot more then she would at PCC and Knott.

So larger schools don't have kids that score a lot of points or are able to show their abilities in basketball?
Reds#1Fan Wrote:She isn't going to be seen playing for Cordia, who are they going to play outside the 14 region no one. She is never going to go to the state playing for Cordia so I guess Pat Summit is just going to come watch Cordia and Jenkins play in Jenkins thats going to happen. It's about doing what is best for your child when it comes to someone of that talent level it's nothing against Cordia it's just something that her family needs to do.

I seen and spoke with Tubby Smith in Booneville (Owsley County for those of you that don't know were that is) watching Ben Bowling (from PCC) play.....if you build it.....THEY WILL COME...... :rockon:
There is NO truth to this.
The Slone girl better hope she hits a growth spurt soon because everyone else will catch up to her. I dont care if she gets 50 a game, she is still getting beat. Losing is a disease.
warmachine Wrote:The Slone girl better hope she hits a growth spurt soon because everyone else will catch up to her. I dont care if she gets 50 a game, she is still getting beat. Losing is a disease.

Jealousy is a disease also.
No jeolousy here, just seen so many grade school superstars not get any better when they get into high school. New Pressures, Love, and many other things start playing into factor. Good luck to Paige, shes a good girl.
I have watched her play and she will be a good high school player. I was curious if she has stayed back. The reason I ask is that if she has she is older and probably wont grow or mature much more. If not she may get bigger and stronger and improve more as a player.
kcc75 Wrote:I have watched her play and she will be a good high school player. I was curious if she has stayed back. The reason I ask is that if she has she is older and probably wont grow or mature much more. If not she may get bigger and stronger and improve more as a player.
No, Paige hasn't been held back. She's a legitimate 8th grader.
Has Paige decided if she is going to go to a different school yet. I hope she makes a good choice about her future. She should have the chance to be seen by people all over the state not just the 14 region.
Slone is a great player, she is fast and can shoot the lights out, however she does not have the size to play at a division 1 school or even a NAIA for that matter. If she grows and continues to improve she will have opportunities. However there is a reason she has 1000 points by the 8th grade she is the horse at Cordia, she is the only scorer on that team, she will not be that way at any other school, like Knott, PCC, or Breathitt. Dont look for her to leave Cordia.
Is Paige Slone playing for Knott County or Cordia. It seems during summer ball it changes from day to day. While playing for Knott County I watched her play against Letcher Central and she was just an average player as LCC didnt have any problems guarding her.
At KCC her hands are tied.....if she shoots she has someone jumping on to her...someone critizicing her ever move.....I watched her play with Cordia this summer at Morehead where she scored at least 50 points against Pikeview, Va....she had ever coach in the gym surrounding the court watching her play.....she would be crazy to go to Knott......she needs to go to Cordia were she can develop into the player she can be and not be held back by the jealous people from KCC
That may be true I don't know, but since they started seeding the odds are she will never play in a regional tournament if she stays at Cordia.
She will stay at Cordia and become the State of Kentucky's all time Leading Scorer.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:That may be true I don't know, but since they started seeding the odds are she will never play in a regional tournament if she stays at Cordia.

How do you figure.......after this year....JBS is done....Jenkins is already done.....that leaves Cordia, Letcher, and KCC......battling for the two spots to go to region over the next 4 years......Cordia will be in the region at least 3 times over the next 4 years......write that down........and Cordia will win the All "A" Regional Tournament for the first time in school history in the next 4 years ......don't see KCC winning a regional title over the next 4 years........so if she wants to go to a STATE tournament.......stay at Cordia.........
OrangenowBlue Wrote:That may be true I don't know, but since they started seeding the odds are she will never play in a regional tournament if she stays at Cordia.

I agree.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:How do you figure.......after this year....JBS is done....Jenkins is already done.....that leaves Cordia, Letcher, and KCC......battling for the two spots to go to region over the next 4 years......Cordia will be in the region at least 3 times over the next 4 years......write that down........and Cordia will win the All "A" Regional Tournament for the first time in school history in the next 4 years ......don't see KCC winning a regional title over the next 4 years........so if she wants to go to a STATE tournament.......stay at Cordia.........

I don't see them being in the 14th region tournament. Jenkins will be competitive with them especially if the new coach does a good job. I don't believe Cordia can beat Knott County and for them to beat Letcher Central, they will have to recruit players at a rate similar to John Calipari's and they would also need a little divine intervention. Oh, by the way, with Maris Hovee staying at JBS, they will not beat them either.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I don't see them being in the 14th region tournament. Jenkins will be competitive with them especially if the new coach does a good job. I don't believe Cordia can beat Knott County and for them to beat Letcher Central, they will have to recruit players at a rate similar to John Calipari's and they would also need a little divine intervention. Oh, by the way, with Maris Hovee staying at JBS, they will not beat them either.

Do you even watch basketball or can read.......we are talking about the next 4 years....after this year....JBS may not even field a team....Jenkins might as well not fill a team either.....Riverside has won more games than they have over the past two seasons.....again....that leaves 3 teams playing for the 2 spots to go to region.....LCC will be the #1 seed the next 4 seasons.....and I like Cordia's chances against KCC over the next 4 seasons......unless KCC can recruit at a rate John Calipari's has or get a new coach........KCC will NOT win the 14th region over the next 4 years (LCC and Breathitt)....but Cordia can win the 14th Region All "A"........and go to the STATE Tournament.....
Lot of trash talking for a school that has never been any good in girls basketball. At least Jenkins has had a past tradition of good teams. Yes I have seen more basketball games than most people and I have seen Cordia play several times. What I have not seen is a Cordia team capable of beating Knott Central. With Paige Slone they still have not had a winning season and without her they wouldn't be able to beat Riverside. If Leslie County continues to participate in All "A" I do not see many All "A" championships in the future for Cordia. If Cordia is suppose to be so good, why did their coach get upset and leave the district team meeting early because his principal voted to "seed" at the request of the superintendant. I believe if he thought he would be the second best team in the district, he would want to seed so he wouldn't draw LCC first game.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Lot of trash talking for a school that has never been any good in girls basketball. At least Jenkins has had a past tradition of good teams. Yes I have seen more basketball games than most people and I have seen Cordia play several times. What I have not seen is a Cordia team capable of beating Knott Central. With Paige Slone they still have not had a winning season and without her they wouldn't be able to beat Riverside. If Leslie County continues to participate in All "A" I do not see many All "A" championships in the future for Cordia. If Cordia is suppose to be so good, why did their coach get upset and leave the district team meeting early because his principal voted to "seed" at the request of the superintendant. I believe if he thought he would be the second best team in the district, he would want to seed so he wouldn't draw LCC first game.

Good points.
Im going to make an early prediction and say Paige goes to Knott Central next year along with her teammates from Hindman.
She may. Who knows. Knott Central did not look much better when she played with them this summer. Most all the Hindman girls have been playing with KCC all along.
She is an awesome ball player. I would love to see her at Hazard.
She listed her high school as Knott Co. this weekend at Georgetown Blue Chip camp. I was disapointed to see that she did not show. Maybe one day I can see her to make my own mind up on her skills.
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:She listed her high school as Knott Co. this weekend at Georgetown Blue Chip camp. I was disapointed to see that she did not show. Maybe one day I can see her to make my own mind up on her skills.

Did she not show up for the blue chip camp.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:She may. Who knows. Knott Central did not look much better when she played with them this summer. Most all the Hindman girls have been playing with KCC all along.

Well, some of the Hindman girls will grow to be great along as Slone. Kennedy King is one of the best defensive player. She's one to have great hustle, and she knows how to be rough when it comes to crunch time. Reagan King is going to grow into a great player. She will eventually get taller, and her skills will become more stable. She will be a player to watch for in the future years. Paige Slone will grow along with them. This trio will be one to scout come their junior and senior year.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Did she not show up for the blue chip camp.

She did not show up at camp.
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:She did not show up at camp.

She did not attend the camp.
Playing at Cordia SUX!!!!!!!!! Go play on a good team Slone and work harder playing good competition.