Poll: Which is the best college basketball rivalry?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky vs Louisville
57.89%
Michigan State vs Purdue
0%
Kentucky vs Tennessee
0%
North Carolina vs Duke
39.47%
Villanova vs Pittsburgh
0%
Dayton vs Xavier
0%
Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State
0%
California vs Stanford
0%
Kansas vs Missouri
0%
Not listed.
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best College Basketball Rivalries
Here's what ESPN expert Pat Forde ranked the college basketball rivalries for next season.

1. Kentucky vs Louisville
2. Michigan State vs Purdue
3. Kentucky vs Tennessee
4. North Carolina vs Duke
5. Villanova vs Pittsburgh
6. Dayton vs Xavier
7. Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State
8. California vs Stanford
9. Kansas vs Missouri
10. Michigan vs Purdue

Here's the link -> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...ortCat=ncb
I have to go with Kentucky VS. Louisville. But, in my opinion North Carolina Vs. Duke is a close second.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Without a doubt it is Duke vs. North Carolina.

Look at the two schools. Ever heard of "Tobacco Road?" It's the road that is less than ten miles long that separates the two schools. That's why they call it "The Battle for Tobacco Road."

The is college basketball's best rivalry for these reasons:

- Two of the most storied basketball programs of all time.
- Two hall-of-fame coaches (Mike Krzyzewski: 3 national championships -- Roy Williams: 2 national championships).
- Both teams are in the ACC and play each other twice and sometimes three times per year.
- Both team's arenas are two of loudest and toughest to play at.
- So many great moments from Jeff Capel's half-court shot in 1995 to Gerald Henderson blatantly elbowing Tyler Hansbrough in the face in 2008 (not to mention Coach K's and Coach Williams' media shots at one another).

There is no denying that this is the greatest College Basketball rivalry there is and will continue to be.
No surprise to Pat Forde's list, look where the man lives. Smile
Henderson elbowing Hansbaby was one of the greatest moments in college basketball history.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Without a doubt it is Duke vs. North Carolina.

Look at the two schools. Ever heard of "Tobacco Road?" It's the road that is less than ten miles long that separates the two schools. That's why they call it "The Battle for Tobacco Road."

- Two hall-of-fame coaches (Mike Krzyzewski: 3 national championships -- Roy Williams: 2 national championships).
- Both teams are in the ACC and play each other twice and sometimes three times per year.
- So many great moments from Jeff Capel's half-court shot in 1995 to Gerald Henderson blatantly elbowing Tyler Hansbrough in the face in 2008 (not to mention Coach K's and Coach Williams' media shots at one another).

There is no denying that this is the greatest College Basketball rivalry there is and will continue to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
outdoorsman43 Wrote:without a doubt it is duke vs. North carolina.

Look at the two schools. Ever heard of "tobacco road?" it's the road that is less than ten miles long that separates the two schools. That's why they call it "the battle for tobacco road."

the is college basketball's best rivalry for these reasons:

- two of the most storied basketball programs of all time.
- two hall-of-fame coaches (mike krzyzewski: 3 national championships -- roy williams: 2 national championships).
- both teams are in the acc and play each other twice and sometimes three times per year.
- both team's arenas are two of loudest and toughest to play at.
- so many great moments from jeff capel's half-court shot in 1995 to gerald henderson blatantly elbowing tyler hansbrough in the face in 2008 (not to mention coach k's and coach williams' media shots at one another).

There is no denying that this is the greatest college basketball rivalry there is and will continue to be.

amen
No Question. Duke vs North Carolina!
I have to say UNC and Duke with UK and UofL second.
Best All Time- Duke vs. UNC
Best Next Season- Kentucky vs. Louisville
Kentucky is on there twice. That's saying something. Big Grin
thetribe Wrote:Kentucky is on there twice. That's saying something. Big Grin

If everyone is real about this, how can anyone not admit that the UNC/dUKe rivalrie is the BIGGEST college basketball rivalrie in the country. Not just the hype, but ever game that these two teams play means something to the National rankings. The UNC/dUKE game gets National attention. For the UK/Louisville game, it's big in the state but there is no week long media excitement nationally.

As for UK/Tenn as a big rivalrie in Basketball :please:

UK/Louisville will be a big rivalrie due to Pitino and Cal. If both coaches stick around for many years, this has the opportunity to go in the history books.
UK pretty much owns every team in the sec.
Duke VS North Carolina is the best conference rivalry in the country. Kentucky VS Louisville is the best non-conference rivalry in the country. You have to give the nod to the rivalry thats been the best over the past 10 years or so and that is Duke/North Carolina (and you have no idea how much it pains me to say that).
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Henderson elbowing Hansbaby was one of the greatest moments in college basketball history.

HAHA. I agree with that :Thumbs:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Without a doubt it is Duke vs. North Carolina.

This covers it. :Thumbs:
I'm as big as a UK fan as the next person. But there isn't a question that North Carolina VS. Duke is the biggest college basketball rivalry.

I mean has anyone ever watched these two teams play against each other? Like someone posted earlier. When these to teams play. The National Rankings are affected.

So to me. There is no question who the biggest college basketball rivalries are. North Carolina Vs. Duke.
Id Have To Say Duke Vs UNC Rival
North Carolina & Duke because they are in the same conference, and i think UK and Duke if they played ever year IMO.
UofK Wrote:I'm as big as a UK fan as the next person. But there isn't a question that North Carolina VS. Duke is the biggest college basketball rivalry.

I mean has anyone ever watched these two teams play against each other? Like someone posted earlier. When these to teams play. The National Rankings are affected.

So to me. There is no question who the biggest college basketball rivalries are. North Carolina Vs. Duke.

Good post :Thumbs:
i think with coach Cal vs Pitino thing will bring UK and Louisville back, u know Vitale has not done uk vs ul game in a while, money says he is front and center this year.
rallo316 Wrote:i think with coach Cal vs Pitino thing will bring UK and Louisville back, u know Vitale has not done uk vs ul game in a while, money says he is front and center this year.

I agree:Thumbs:
rallo316 Wrote:i think with coach Cal vs Pitino thing will bring UK and Louisville back, u know Vitale has not done uk vs ul game in a while, money says he is front and center this year.

Uh oh. This could be special. LOL

I'm glad to see he's gonna do a UK vs. UL game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Vitale is my most favorite ESPN announcer!! But I don't think he's going to be at the UK vs UL game, simply because Vitale would talk great about UK the entire game. (Vitale loves UK basketball.)
Stardust Wrote:If everyone is real about this, how can anyone not admit that the UNC/dUKe rivalrie is the BIGGEST college basketball rivalrie in the country. Not just the hype, but ever game that these two teams play means something to the National rankings. The UNC/dUKE game gets National attention. For the UK/Louisville game, it's big in the state but there is no week long media excitement nationally.

UK/Louisville will be a big rivalrie due to Pitino and Cal. If both coaches stick around for many years, this has the opportunity to go in the history books.

Great post here...I mean you dont see UK and Ville on espnu, espn, esp2, and FSN and espn classic and cbs...no I have never saw it....
Stardust Wrote:If everyone is real about this, how can anyone not admit that the UNC/dUKe rivalrie is the BIGGEST college basketball rivalrie in the country. Not just the hype, but ever game that these two teams play means something to the National rankings. The UNC/dUKE game gets National attention. For the UK/Louisville game, it's big in the state but there is no week long media excitement nationally.

I totally agree. Duke vs. UNC is huge, by far the best rivalry in the NCAA. I was just stating that someone has UK listed TWICE on a top ten list of the best rivalries in college basketball so that should tell you something about how other people feel threatened by our program. I think outdoorsman said it best when summing up the Duke/UNC history. And I'm right there with you Stardust, I'm not seeing Kentucky and Tennessee having a huge rivarly. UK and Louisville (or UK and Duke if it annual) should be the other place where the Wildcats make that list.