Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2009
bigcoachallen Wrote:I dunno. I am a little biased, but I may go out on a limb and say 10-0... if a few key things happen. I am not sure what those key things are, but it will be fun to watch and see.

I agree, tradition does not gradute at JC, it just reloads. The schedule will have JC ready for the playoffs!
You will see a downfall in the level of line play with the departure of coach Burchett. First rule of coaching, you are only as good as the people around you!!
that is so true.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Aug 21, 09 Boyle County away
Sep 4, 09 Bell County home
Sep 11, 09 Sheldon Clark home
Sep 18, 09 Middlesboro
Sep 25, 09 Breathitt County away
Oct 2, 09 Open
Oct 9, 09 Ashland Blazer home
Oct 16, 09 Woodford County home
Oct 23, 09 Montgomery County away
Oct 30, 09 Belfry away

Still one game left. Any ideas?
JCHSFAN1986 Wrote:Aug 21, 09 Boyle County away
Sep 18, 09 Middlesboro
Oct 2, 09 Open
Oct 30, 09 Belfry away

Still one game left. Any ideas?

Aug 28th Horn Lake Mississippi Home
Who is Horn Lake Mississippi?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The Horn Lake game has not been confirmed and also heard that Horn Lake was trying to get out of that game. I hope they do that is a bad game on a great schedule.
Why would they schedule a game like that. First a Canadian team, then this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Heck of a schedule. I'm assuming Bell, Ashland, and ? are district games?
Ashland,Woodford,and Montgomery are district games.
Last year Horn Lake went 5-6 overall and 2-5 in their league.and that was the best team they have had in long time. I really hope they play this game wast of time if you ask me.
should very well get them ready for the playoffs
JCHSFAN1986 Wrote:Last year Horn Lake went 5-6 overall and 2-5 in their league.and that was the best team they have had in long time. I really hope they play this game wast of time if you ask me.

Do you have a link to the info that you've posted on Horn Lake? Your post confuses me. First you say so hope they play this game but then you go on and say that it is a waste of time. If you understood how hard it was to fill out a schedule for this upcoming season you wouldn't see it as a waste of time. From what I heard Horn Lake contacted JC and wanted to come up here and play and JC needed a game. Would you rather Central played a nine game schedule?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Why would they schedule a game like that. First a Canadian team, then this.

First of all a Letcher Central fan shouldn't be worrying about anybody's schedule but there own. I don't know who's on LCC schedule this year but the last two seasons Letcher's schedule has been packed with cupcakes. Since you're concerned about their schedule maybe you could help them out and talk to Coach Howard and get a series going with Lcc. From what I gather Johnson Central has literally begged Letcher for a series the past two years.
Going 5-6 playing in Memphis (and that's where Horn Lake is, right outside Memphis) might be a little different from going 5-6 in Eastern Kentucky...you can guarantee they'll have athletes, the kind of speed that can help prepare for future opponents.

It's going to very, very, very hard for Central to do well against this schedule, especially breaking in a new QB and with a new offensive line coach. Coach Burchett's loss probably means more than any of the departing players.

Against this schedule, I'd list Sheldon Clark, Ashland, and Montgomery as likely wins. I'd list Middlesboro and Horn Lake and Wooford County as possible wins. I'd list Boyle and Belfry as less than likely. And I'd put Bell and Breathitt as highly unlikely. This is one of the most ambitious schedules ever put together in Eastern Kentucky, and we'll do very well to go 6-4 with no major injuries before the playoffs.
Don Carlo Wrote:First of all a Letcher Central fan shouldn't be worrying about anybody's schedule but there own. I don't know who's on LCC schedule this year but the last two seasons Letcher's schedule has been packed with cupcakes. Since you're concerned about their schedule maybe you could help them out and talk to Coach Howard and get a series going with Lcc. From what I gather Johnson Central has literally begged Letcher for a series the past two years.

Well to be honest with you I do agree with you on some of that. Some of the competition is low that we have been playing. I think to be honest this season is probably our best schedule as far as competition we have had. I do however disagree with you on the coach howard thing. Why would you schedule someone in the regular season that you might play in the playoffs? Well I forgot. You have to get past Highlands first. The only way we would play you guys is semi state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The schedule for JC looks great... I like that they are playing an out-of-state game, and agree with the previous poster that it's hard to compare W-L records with out-of-state teams.
I agree!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

if they got one game open,maybe call the red devils from russell to see if they have a open date,not that far
How will they do?
should do very well
Do you think Belfry can beat them?
They play a really good schedule this year.

Aug 21, 09 Boyle County away
Aug 28, 09 Horn Lake, MS home
Sep 18, 09 Middlesboro
Oct 2, 09 Open
Oct 30, 09 Belfry away
That's a very good schedule. A 7 and 3 record looks good for the Eagles.
8-2 with losses to boyle/bell.
I think JC will beat bell and boyle. The only loss this year comming from the bobcats of Breathitt county looking for some payback from last year.
JCHSFAN1986 Wrote:I think JC will beat bell and boyle. The only loss this year comming from the bobcats of Breathitt county looking for some payback from last year.

there is no way breathitt is better than bell this year, channing losses quite a few lineman and other players who blocked for him. they will not beat JC at least i dont think.
Aug 21, 09 Boyle County away 21-10 JC
Aug 28, 09 Horn Lake, MS home 46-6 JC
Sep 4, 09 Bell County home 25-21 JC
Sep 11, 09 Sheldon Clark home 56-18 JC
Sep 18, 09 Middlesboro 32-12 JC
Sep 25, 09 Breathitt County away 41-33 JC
Oct 2, 09 Open
Oct 9, 09 Ashland Blazer home 42-0 JC
Oct 16, 09 Woodford County home 36-14 JC
Oct 23, 09 Montgomery County away 28-3 JC
Oct 30, 09 Belfry away 28-17 JC

Easily could go 10-0 or at worse 7-3 with close losses to boyle, bell, and breathitt, but if they have prepared in the offseason they have more returning and alot of talent all around to challenge even highlands for the title this year from a long shot. i dont see bell being a good with the losses of monte merrick and others. but overall a nice schedule.
Chalk one up for a Paintsville fan for riding the JC football poker run today! It was a good time and a good ride.
BTW, Matney is a class act. Good guy.