•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley will Start Interviews 6/9
:popcorn:
Bug on a Wall Wrote:Look for Shelby Valley to hire this week. Also, expect a Louisville school to be searching for a replacement.

Sounds good, but how bad is this Louisville school for the coach to leave for Shelby Valley?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Unfortunately for the kids who only play football. The community as a whole dont see it that way up there. All I know is if this happened here at Pikeville or over on Pond Creek there would be riots in the streets by now.

This isnt 1987 and Pikeville and Belfry shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence. Pikeville has fallen off the state football map.
5timechamp Wrote:This isnt 1987 and Pikeville and Belfry shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence. Pikeville has fallen off the state football map.

thats true, but now since they got a coach maybe he will stay and the games between the pirates and pikeville will be alot better..
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:You might be on to something. Thats been known to happen in the past up there. A certain legendary B-ball coach from that area was for years a paid assistant football coach although all he did was run the concession stand on friday night LOL!

Pike Co. politics at it's best!
5timechamp Wrote:This isnt 1987 and Pikeville and Belfry shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence. Pikeville has fallen off the state football map.
Since youre a Steelers fan Ill go easy on you. But every great program goes through down times. Belfry had theirs in the '90s. Now that we have a competent coaching staff we WILL be back dont worry. GO STEELERS!!!!
Enter The Dragon Wrote:I cannot believe that no one sees whats going on here. Roberts will be the next Head Coach at Shelby Valley. This is the Pike County political machine giving all of us a lesson in posturing and aversion. Roberts is who they want up there. But, they dont want to risk the potential black eye they would get by basically creating a job for a guy amidst all the layoffs that are happening system wide in the Pike County BOE just so he can be head football coach. Ive heard from a reliable source that the reason all the candidates have turned the job down is that they have been told in the interview that they must agree to take on Roberts as an assitant or they will not be hired. If that is indeed true no coach in their right mind would take a job where they couldnt choose their own assistants. So wait and see if Roberts doesnt get hired as the "Interim" coach they wanted all along. Therfore if the SB council is confronted with any hard questions. They can just say that no other coach would take the job and with practice starting in a few days they would have no choice but to hire Roberts on an "interim"(full time) basis. Just my opinion of course.
Finally someone sees exactly what is going on!
mandan Wrote:Is Roberts a teacher in the Pike/ SV system?
I asked the same question previously and no-one seems to know or care. Just like I have said before, they(BOE) will take care of that. Titles of jobs are created all the time, time will tell but my money is on Roberts being interim HC and some type of job in SV or one of the feeder schools.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Since youre a Steelers fan Ill go easy on you. But every great program goes through down times. Belfry had theirs in the '90s. Now that we have a competent coaching staff we WILL be back dont worry. GO STEELERS!!!!

Go Steelers.......:biggrin: Didnt see the Steelers emblem.
The Claw Wrote:I asked the same question previously and no-one seems to know or care. Just like I have said before, they(BOE) will take care of that. Titles of jobs are created all the time, time will tell but my money is on Roberts being interim HC and some type of job in SV or one of the feeder schools.

I am pretty sure that Roberts works in home-health care. I don't think he has a teaching degree. Also, if everyone wants him to be the head coach like a lot of people on here have stated, then what are they waiting on. Also if he has been offered but won't accept, then why doesn't he want to be a head coach right now? He might as well get his feet wet. He has to be pushing 40, he may never get a better chance than now to get a head coaching position. What is he afraid of??
Bug on a Wall Wrote:Look for Shelby Valley to hire this week. Also, expect a Louisville school to be searching for a replacement.

Can't recall the name but didn't Pikeville have a coach go to Ballard?? Hmmmmm...would he want to come back to the mountains??
Cover3 Wrote:Can't recall the name but didn't Pikeville have a coach go to Ballard?? Hmmmmm...would he want to come back to the mountains??

There's noway a current head coach would leave their current school this late in the game is there? Unless they were being forced out, which would be odd timing right now?
Cover3 Wrote:Can't recall the name but didn't Pikeville have a coach go to Ballard?? Hmmmmm...would he want to come back to the mountains??

I dont see Jackson coming back. And espically to Valley.
No way. His reason for leaving Pikeville was his wife didnt like it here and wanted to go back to the Louisville area.
Valley looks to pick a coach this week
I would hope so...considering practice starts within a week. IMO its going to be someone on the inside of valley. Branham or Roberts I would guess.
wildcatfanatic Wrote:Valley looks to pick a coach this week
Hahahaha Way to go out on a limb.
I would say branham or hampton
betsylaynealum Wrote:I would say branham or hampton

I thought Hampton didnt apply for the job?
Ratliff didnt either

I would say it will be branham or hampton
just my opinion
I think we are missing another person with Pikeville ties----Johnny Webb.
Johnny dont have a teaching certificate, does he

I think he works at the hospital
Does that matter in Pike County
Johnny being a head coach would be a surpise of the state. He couldnt finish a grade school schedule at pikeville and he only coached one year at BLE as hc. He would have to have a heck of an interview.

But stranger things have happened
Cover3 Wrote:I am pretty sure that Roberts works in home-health care. I don't think he has a teaching degree. Also, if everyone wants him to be the head coach like a lot of people on here have stated, then what are they waiting on. Also if he has been offered but won't accept, then why doesn't he want to be a head coach right now? He might as well get his feet wet. He has to be pushing 40, he may never get a better chance than now to get a head coaching position. What is he afraid of??

As dismal as the Shelby Valley program has been, home health care may be an asset. If the coach is from Louisville, he must be originally from the mountains or is from one of the weaker schools in Louisville.
Coach will be hired tomorrow.
new o

can you inform us?
In my opinion something will happen before Wed. at 5:30. The school has invited parents and community to a meeting to voice their concerns and I dont think principal or site base want any part of it.
Valley has a new coach. Expect the announcement very soon.
The person who landed the job isnt an unexpected person. The name will be very familiar.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next