Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is chuke?????
what ever happened to this great coach chuke williams last i heard he was an assistant at paintsville but where did he go from there??
I think he's still with the Paintsville school system but isn't coaching this year to the best of my knowledge. I've been hearing his name a lot lately about moving on to become an offensive coach in EKY.
that means that johnson co. has two of the top 3 coaches in eastern ky and one isn't even coaching
Pretty much.
Chuke Williams is still living in Paintsville, but is not coaching this year....yeah i've heard of alot about him going to EKY....but who knows.....
Thanks

PFB
I was the greatest Wrote:that means that johnson co. has two of the top 3 coaches in eastern ky and one isn't even coaching
Everyone has their own opinion and I'm sorry I can't say Chuke is one of the top 3 East KY coaches. His offense got Paintsville beat a couple of times last year.
well he made lawrence county football
turned bourbon county around and would have done a better job against matney and the eagles this year
He got beat just as bad last season in the Apple Bowl wait last year was 2 less points, it would have been the same story. Don't remember him turning Bourbon Co. around, I believe that was more Dudley Hilton. He did do some special things with the Bulldogs but even they got tired and ran him out. I have nothing against Chuke, I personally like him but he's not a top 3 coach in the Mountains. I think his offense is about as predictable as I've seen, at least the one he ran at Paintsville was predictable.
I don't know who the "Great" Chuke Williams is, but I do know that Chuke Williams is still in the Paintsville school system as of now. As for him being one of the top 3 coaches in Eastern Kentucky no way. I don't think BMR has earned that spot yet either. He has done a remarkable job at P'ville this year, but being great is making a career out of great seasons not one. He nor Chuke deserve to be mentioned with Haywood, Holcomb, Hilton, Larkey & Matney IMO. Chuke did a good job with Lawrence County as far as wins and stats go, but he is a program destroyer IMO. He takes everything he can from it then leaves. I also think he is to basic offensivley. You can win running the ball, but you can't win slaming everything on the line IMO.
I think Chuke is one of the best coacheds around, I mean he was Sheldon Clarks first coach and he made a winning program with Sheldon Clark in there first year as a football team and he has had big success other places. 4 words come to my mind when i think of Chuke ( Chuke is the man)
former_cards_player02 Wrote:I think Chuke is one of the best coacheds around, I mean he was Sheldon Clarks first coach and he made a winning program with Sheldon Clark in there first year as a football team and he has had big success other places. 4 words come to my mind when i think of Chuke ( Chuke is the man)
Sheldon Clark's first year they played a JV schedule. He did not make SC the program it is. Jim Matney, his coaching staff, and the people of Martin county did. Chuke Williams had nothing to do with football at Sheldon Clark besides being the first coach. Trust me my friend.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:Sheldon Clark's first year they played a JV schedule. He did not make SC the program it is. Jim Matney, his coaching staff, and the people of Martin county did. Chuke Williams had nothing to do with football at Sheldon Clark besides being the first coach. Trust me my friend.

I believe that too I mean Matney was a great coach at Sheldon Clark he made the program what it is today but they had to have other coaches had soemthing to do with it. Dont get me wrong I like Matney alot he was my coach in High School and he led us to the regional championship over Belfry. Matney was a fatherer figure and coach dotn get me wrong i have alot of respect for matney. And I think Hager will do just as good of a job as matney did with the cards.
Watched him for years at LC and he didn't make LC he continued to the progression. Eddie and Jim Bob Micheals, Billy Goldsmith and Chuke made LC football. As for making Bourbon he destroyed Bourbon. Under Hilton they won a state championship and then he left and Chuke came in and they have gotten worse every year since. One of the main reasons LC didn't care for him leaving was due to the fact the year that Bourbon won they beat LC in the semi-finals in a very low scoring game in Paris. That game was the down fall for Chuke talk about him being predictable in that game the only think he wanted to do was stick with his game plan and wouldn't take any suggestions from anyone else on the bench. I didn't hear this part direct but at that time it was strange to see Marshall assistant coaches on the LC sideline. It was said that they even told him that thought they knew something he could change up to help losen up the Bourbon defense and I was told he told them that we were the number running team in the state and his game plan could only be kept in check for awhile before it would explode. Well it exploded in a lose for the dawgs. THen when he went to Bourbon and played in that district you can't just run the ball and he found that out real fast. You have to be willing and able to change things up and take listen to those that you have around you. Chuke is a great coach and can motivate (not sure if he does this the correct way) but he isn't one of the best. Could he be certainly but at this time he isn't. Chuke would also IMO lose some games as soon as he walked on the field. I'll always remember going to Highlands and seeing their staff come out and thinking it was UK's from the colors down to the style but more so because they all looked the same and were sharp. That gets your attention and you know your playing a team that comes to play everyday. Then LC comes out and you see Chuke at 40 degrees wearing shorts and flip flops. LMAO!! How much respect do you get from the other team or your team for that matter. One of the best could be but instead one of the best jokes.
former_cards_player02 Wrote:I believe that too I mean Matney was a great coach at Sheldon Clark he made the program what it is today but they had to have other coaches had soemthing to do with it. Dont get me wrong I like Matney alot he was my coach in High School and he led us to the regional championship over Belfry. Matney was a fatherer figure and coach dotn get me wrong i have alot of respect for matney. And I think Hager will do just as good of a job as matney did with the cards.
That had nothing to do with Chuke Williams like your first post. I never said Hagger wasn't a good coach. He is a very good coach, I even mentioned Matney's staff (which Hagger was a part of) in the reason SC was so succesfull. Why are you talking about Hagger this is about Chuke Williams? You said he built the SC program which he did not.
chuke i don't think was th first coach at sc
and i know he didn't make bourbon he had a really good season with them after some very subpar ones
does anyone know how chuke took over the program at lc???
it was devious
he was at pburg for a time
I can tell you who made Chuke's offense, Tony "Buggs" Burchett. His blocking scheme and his motivation to the offensive line is unreal. Ron Blume was a decent running back before Matney and Burchett showed up. Now look what Blume has done, everyone talks about Blume being a great back, which he is with his own qualities. And they talk about how his offensive line are some men and blast holes open. Coach Burchett is the one who can be accredited for both. You can take that to the bank and Chuke's offense is nothing without Buggs. Everywhere Buggs has been with Chuke, whether the team is successful or not they have a productive running back. Hell, everywhere Buggs has been they've had a good running back.
Thank You MOJO.

I wanted to say that but thought I had said enough of my piece. When he left LC we really felt it. He is the man.
CatDawg Wrote:Thank You MOJO.

I wanted to say that but thought I had said enough of my piece. When he left LC we really felt it. He is the man.

You're welcome, glad we can see eye to eye on this and that I have another person who is high on Buggs. I'd say anywhere he's left it has been felt.
I know it certainly was at Lawrence. The man really knows what he's doing and didn't get near the respect that he should have.
ttt
You've been wanting to do that haven't you Guru. LOL
Just so you know Chuke Williams was not Sheldon Clarks first coach. Earl Hutchinson was.
Ice man Wrote:Just so you know Chuke Williams was not Sheldon Clarks first coach. Earl Hutchinson was.

What year was that Iceman?
I look at it this way..over chukes coaching career he has been blessed with talent. Ive seen his coaching technique, and how he talks to the kids that play under him. He's not that great of a coach, i'll put it this way...i would hate to see how many titles that coaches like phillip haywood or dudley hilton would have had if they had the talent that chuke had during his coaching career.
torQQue Wrote:What year was that Iceman?

MOJO Wrote:I can tell you who made Chuke's offense, Tony "Buggs" Burchett. His blocking scheme and his motivation to the offensive line is unreal. Ron Blume was a decent running back before Matney and Burchett showed up. Now look what Blume has done, everyone talks about Blume being a great back, which he is with his own qualities. And they talk about how his offensive line are some men and blast holes open. Coach Burchett is the one who can be accredited for both. You can take that to the bank and Chuke's offense is nothing without Buggs. Everywhere Buggs has been with Chuke, whether the team is successful or not they have a productive running back. Hell, everywhere Buggs has been they've had a good running back.

I would love to see Chuke come back to Magoffin and coach, I never knew him but from what I hear he is missed and I don't know this Buggs but I wish he where there to help Coach Fugate and the Hornets.
Ice man Wrote:1981

:thumb:
Ice man Wrote:Just so you know Chuke Williams was not Sheldon Clarks first coach. Earl Hutchinson was.
that is who i thought it was
my first cousin played for him