Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price of gas rises for record 50th straight day
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090617/ap_o..._prices_16

I thought Bush raised the price of gas for the oil companies and the Democrats were going to lower it??? Everyone who blamed the price of gas on Bush go ahead and admit you were stupid. It's okay, we know.:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090617/ap_o..._prices_16

I thought Bush raised the price of gas for the oil companies and the Democrats were going to lower it??? Everyone who blamed the price of gas on Bush go ahead and admit you were stupid. It's okay, we know.:biggrin:

Now J.P, you know Bush was behind the high gas prices lol, the Democrats and this president,will only make things worse IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what happens when you let democrats run the asylum....Yeah, they finally "got that oil man out of the white house", and gas is skyrocketing, LOL..looking at everything now, that "oil man" wasnt so bad, was he?...because this guy has NO CLUE..he dont even try to LOOK LIKE HE HAS ONE! Oh well, dont blame me. I voted, and proudly so, for MCCAIN!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What was gas prices like last year?
This time last year gas was around $4, I'm not complaining. Do I wish it was lower, yeah. Am I glad it's not $4, definitely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dec. 31, 2008—Crude oil prices plummet below $37 a barrel while the U.S. average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline falls to an amazing 5-year low of $1.61.

I wish it was right where it was just days before Obama took office...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:This is what happens when you let democrats run the asylum....Yeah, they finally "got that oil man out of the white house", and gas is skyrocketing, LOL..looking at everything now, that "oil man" wasnt so bad, was he?...because this guy has NO CLUE..he dont even try to LOOK LIKE HE HAS ONE! Oh well, dont blame me. I voted, and proudly so, for MCCAIN!

GREAT POST LOL!! I too PROUDLY voted MCCAIN also!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:Dec. 31, 2008—Crude oil prices plummet below $37 a barrel while the U.S. average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline falls to an amazing 5-year low of $1.61.

I wish it was right where it was just days before Obama took office...

As it will do this winter also. Gas rises in the summer and falls in the winter.

We'll go under $2 a gallon this winter too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:As it will do this winter also. Gas rises in the summer and falls in the winter.

The first statement isn't necessarily correct, and this second is hopefully true but there is nothing happening right now to indicate that it will be less.
Also, summer hasn't started yet. Gas has gone up the last 50 days, all of which were in the spring.
jetpilot Wrote:The first statement isn't necessarily correct, and this second is hopefully true but there is nothing happening right now to indicate that it will be less.
Also, summer hasn't started yet. Gas has gone up the last 50 days, all of which were in the spring.

If you want to be technical about it, then go for it, I really don't care. Most schools that I know of are out on "Summer Break," not "Spring Break." "Summer" has started for school kids and teachers and it's this period of time (June, July, August) that is ripe for travel and vacations and people are going to go regardless of what the gas prices are. In the winter, people travel less, so the gas prices will decrease.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:If you want to be technical about it, then go for it, I really don't care. Most schools that I know of are out on "Summer Break," not "Spring Break." "Summer" has started for school kids and teachers and it's this period of time (June, July, August) that is ripe for travel and vacations and people are going to go regardless of what the gas prices are. In the winter, people travel less, so the gas prices will decrease.

Not trying to get technical, gas prices have shot up in April and May, which is not summer by any definition. If you go back and look, gas prices don't go down every winter just because it is winter. The price of gas is 1000x more complicated than what season it is and/or when more people take vacations.
jetpilot Wrote:Not trying to get technical, gas prices have shot up in April and May, which is not summer by any definition. If you go back and look, gas prices don't go down every winter just because it is winter. The price of gas is 1000x more complicated than what season it is and/or when more people take vacations.

I'm not saying that it's as simple as seasons, but the seasons can effect supply and demand.

The warmer it gets, the more people out and about on the roads.

Summer, more travel, more demand for gas. Winter, less travel, less demand for gas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:As it will do this winter also. Gas rises in the summer and falls in the winter.

No it wont !!!! Look for it over $3.00.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm not saying that it's as simple as seasons, but the seasons can effect supply and demand.

The warmer it gets, the more people out and about on the roads.

Summer, more travel, more demand for gas. Winter, less travel, less demand for gas.

You are correct.
Oboma cant turn the country around over night. Give the guy his time, I mean heck we gave Bush 8 years, and look at what he did or didnt do. Just give him time and then lets make our minds up after he has been in office for a few years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
2.59 in Hindman. What was it last year 4.09
It went down 10 cents in Paintsville in the last couple of days. $2.59
$2.59 in NKY, down from $2.75 last week.

But this is gouging - the same gouging that was done by the Oil companies when George Bush was in office!

But, if the Democrats were so upset about it then, why have the not affected the gouging that is going on NOW! We have had a Left Congress and Executive office for 6 months, yet they don't seem too interested in affecting BIG BUSINESS like the Right gets accused of!
Stardust Wrote:$2.59 in NKY, down from $2.75 last week.

But this is gouging - the same gouging that was done by the Oil companies when George Bush was in office!

But, if the Democrats were so upset about it then, why have the not affected the gouging that is going on NOW! We have had a Left Congress and Executive office for 6 months, yet they don't seem too interested in affecting BIG BUSINESS like the Right gets accused of!

Who are you complaining to and why? Just stating the price of gas compared to last year.
Since gas prices are dropping this thread has went silent. Still waiting on the republican side to comment.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Who are you complaining to and why? Just stating the price of gas compared to last year.

WHOA dude, when did gas prices first come down? LAST YEAR! They were at their lowest during the Bush term. Let's remember that when Bush left office, gas prices were $1.66 per gallon. What has Obama done to maintain or lower the prices?
Stardust Wrote:WHOA dude, when did gas prices first come down? LAST YEAR! They were at their lowest during the Bush term. Let's remember that when Bush left office, gas prices were $1.66 per gallon. What has Obama done to maintain or lower the prices?

Actually got as low as $1.49 here in Paintsville for a brief period during the fall.
Stardust Wrote:WHOA dude, when did gas prices first come down? LAST YEAR! They were at their lowest during the Bush term. Let's remember that when Bush left office, gas prices were $1.66 per gallon. What has Obama done to maintain or lower the prices?

And what was gas like two months before he left office? $4.00. Actually gas was $1.47 when bush took office. Lets also remember dud that while Bush was in office his oil buddies (top five) raked in $525 Billion in profits.
The dynamic has changed. Therefore, it is misleading to compare today's gas prices with last years gas prices.

Here is a graph for you.http://randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html
Notice when the trend of high gas price started.
Benchwarmer Wrote:And what was gas like two months before he left office? $4.00. Actually gas was $1.47 when bush took office. Lets also remember dud that while Bush was in office his oil buddies (top five) raked in $525 Billion in profits.

So, you are saying that gas prices will never reach over $4.00 with Obama in office?

I can assure that it will happen.