• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley will Start Interviews 6/9
It looks like SV will make a hire this week. I hope this is a well thought out process. My sources say that Eric Ratliff will be the next head coach with Michael Roberts helping, with plans to take over in a few years.
Who is interviewing for this spot?
So I gather by this rumors that Eric Ratliff is being offered an Assist Principal position at Pike Central and the New Mullins school is not true?
So who is in the running?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I hope those young men get a quality coach to continue to build their program
Today is a big day for the football program at Shelby Valley...Hoping the right person is chosen for the sake of our players.

Hoping that Mark Palmer will rise to the top !! He will be a great fit for the SV football program....
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:So I gather by this rumors that Eric Ratliff is being offered an Assist Principal position at Pike Central and the New Mullins school is not true?

Some what. He is being offered Head Baseball coach and an assistant Basketball coach with a teaching job. Seeing how Pike Central beat East Ridge this year, this is supposed to help the program?
Since Micheal Roberts had not applied for the position this year. Is he getting some experience and helping to build the fb program before applying for head coach? He has done a tremendous amount of work for the kids. Does he plan to take over in a few years and would that hurt the program as far any quailfied coach applying since they may feel it would not be a long term position for him. Roberts is very well liked and thought of. As I wrote he has given a tremendous amount of time and effort to sv program and since no head coach coming in their can bring anyone with them would it be an appealing postion to a hc coming there? Most coaches like to bring some staff.
That will really help that program out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Will it be difficult to get someone of quality to take the position less than 2 months before season begins?
OK has anyone heard any leaks about interviews today???? Any idea who is being considered?
They are taking way too long.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

why would they go after Eric Ratliff when coach saunders bulit the program so much and give it to a coach that has not proven anything!
why would people want eric ratliff and bobby branham for head coach nether of them are good enough for this job!
I haven't heard anyone say they want B Branham or Ratliff...Anyone heard any clues as to who is top runners?
Actually I believe Eric has coached at Valley before. Way before Saunders was there.
I've heard that as well
Have not heard anything either. I think it may be really tough to get a good coach in there this late in the game. Although Saunders has built a heck of a program and there is so much talent at sv not to mention Mike Roberst as asst.. It will most likely be since it is this late trying to get someone a coach that is inexperienced as a head coach or a coach that has not done all that well. I hope not for the sake of sv fb. The kids there have proven themselves to be great players. The fans and boosters really support the kids and coaches. Saunders has a good program in place just late trying to get a coach in place.
I heard from a reliable source the job was offered to a coach from the Louisville area last season. I was told the job was "offered" yesterday but the coach told them he needed a day to think on it. Anyone know if there is any truth at all to this? I was told the job had been offered. Any info. on this?
i heard four coaches was interviewed yesterday.Anthony Hampton,Eric Ratliff,Bobby Branham and Reed Fields from Bath County.There are three more coaches being interviewed today.
Had not heard that. But if Saunders was there last season why would they offer the job to another coach before Sauders had resigned as coach?
P.C.Defense Wrote:I heard from a reliable source the job was offered to a coach from the Louisville area last season. I was told the job was "offered" yesterday but the coach told them he needed a day to think on it. Anyone know if there is any truth at all to this? I was told the job had been offered. Any info. on this?

Not true, no one has been offered the head coach position yet. Interviews still in progress for Thursday. I was told that there was several good, quality interviews yesterday. There should be a coach in place by Friday.
Thanks, That is what I figured.
P.C.Defense Wrote:I heard from a reliable source the job was offered to a coach from the Louisville area last season. I was told the job was "offered" yesterday but the coach told them he needed a day to think on it. Anyone know if there is any truth at all to this? I was told the job had been offered. Any info. on this?

Would that happen to be a coach with the initials J.N.???
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:So I gather by this rumors that Eric Ratliff is being offered an Assist Principal position at Pike Central and the New Mullins school is not true?

nope
WOW!!!! things not looking bright
they really need to make there decision.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

It is better to make the right decision on a coach, then a rushed decision. Believe me, the players are in good hands with Coach Roberts presently.

I feel the most important thing is, Valley needs a coach who can bring in a winning attitude into this program, who is a competant teacher of the game, especially defensively. If the new coach will utilize Coach Roberts for what he could be and should be: the Offensive Coordinator; then the transition will be smooth.

We do not need someone who has proven their inability to win when they have had a previous opportunity.

I hope politics do not win over and Valley gets stuck with the wrong choice....
Is there any word on who is interviewing today??
Someone from Pike County and someone from Virgina I think. I think they already know who they are going to hire. Look for an annoucement on Friday
  • 1(current)
  • Next