Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best RB in the State?
All the colleges that are offering and looking at Channing are looking at him as a RUNNING BACK not a full back or tight end, a RUNNING BACK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I would say Channing Fugate is. But most teams from the mountain, is don't have good Def. So you can't really tell that most about it.... The team Breathitt play last year. Hold him less then 200 yeards......

Corbin will have a good RB next years, He have over a 1000 yards. When the started wont down....
cj2561 Wrote:I would say Channing Fugate is. But most teams from the mountain, is don't have good Def. So you can't really tell that most about it.... The team Breathitt play last year. Hold him less then 200 yeards......

Corbin will have a good RB next years, He have over a 1000 yards. When the started wont down....

Indeed Corbin will have a very good running back next year. In fact they will have two, because they return both of there rb's. They have Fritz and Watkins returning both of which will probably rush for more than 1,000 yards but since they split the time, they're numbers aren't like Simpson or Fugate. Although they're not quite on the same level as Simpson and Fugate, I think if both can stay healthy(which has been the problem last two years) they might get a little more attention.
Strikeout King Wrote:agreed! it wouldnt matter what class Channing played in, he would still have the same stats.

I disagree, he might be a great athlete, but it is tougher to put up big numbers if you are playing better compotition. If he is as good as everybody makes him out to be, he would still put up good numbers, I'm just saying they would probably drop off a little.
sstack Wrote:I disagree, he might be a great athlete, but it is tougher to put up big numbers if you are playing better compotition. If he is as good as everybody makes him out to be, he would still put up good numbers, I'm just saying they would probably drop off a little.

so Belfry, Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, Lexington Christian, Louisville Central, Lawerence County, Garrard County among others are Easy to beat and any team can beat them? Channing is a tremendous athlete and if he wasnt then y would he be up for Mr. Football??
C.Clair Wrote:How about we compare stats.

Channing Fugate- 6 foot 2 225 lbs 4.6 Fourty

279 Carries 3052 Rushing Yards 370 Receiving Yards 36 Rushing TD 7 Receiving TD's

Miles Simpson- 6 foot 2 195 lbs 4.55 Fourty

284 Carries 2309 Rushing Yards 233 Receiving Yards 37 Rushing TD
3 Receiving Touchdowns.

Looking at these stats I dont see where people think that Simpson is the better RB. Channing has 5 less carries and 743 more rushing yards. Channing is the bigger back, maybe not as quick but he is working on getting his speed down to about a 4.5 in the fourty.

better stats dont mean hes the best
Most def Channing Fugate. The kid is a BEAST! He is quick, strong, and can run you over.
shelby valley has 3 strong backs in dillon hughes, BJ(REGGIE) ROBERTS AND TANNER TACKETT and u should look for a least one if not all 3 to make some noise around the state this up and coming season
Strikeout King Wrote:so Belfry, Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, Lexington Christian, Louisville Central, Lawerence County, Garrard County among others are Easy to beat and any team can beat them? Channing is a tremendous athlete and if he wasnt then y would he be up for Mr. Football??

I did not say he was not a tremndous athlete, I said it is harder to put up big numbers when you play tougher competition. As for the above mentioned teams, I think JC, Central and maybe Belfry are good competition, but you have not sold me on the other teams mentioned.
sstack Wrote:I did not say he was not a tremndous athlete, I said it is harder to put up big numbers when you play tougher competition. As for the above mentioned teams, I think JC, Central and maybe Belfry are good competition, but you have not sold me on the other teams mentioned.

Lexington Christian was 10-4 last year, as for the other teams i mentioned i have not seen there record or schedule. here are some teams that breathitt plays this season, Hazard, Lexington Christian, Perry Central, Prestonsburg and Sheldon Clark and i think they might play Mercer Co.
You have to play against good competition, and I think he has done that.
Strikeout King Wrote:Channing # 28

Offense:

Defense:

Just watched the video and like his size and has good speed. Thought alot of the defense he was playing agianst was poor. Alot of arm tackles. He also had alot of huge holes to run through. He runs alot of plays to the outside and the poor defenses did not force him back to the inside. would like to see him run more plays off tackle to see how he can use his size.
sstack Wrote:Just watched the video and like his size and has good speed. Thought alot of the defense he was playing agianst was poor. Alot of arm tackles. He also had alot of huge holes to run through. He runs alot of plays to the outside and the poor defenses did not force him back to the inside. would like to see him run more plays off tackle to see how he can use his size.

i would have to agree with you there. i know the 2nd game we played against them last year, we acted like we were scared to death to tackle him
Strikeout King Wrote:i would have to agree with you there. i know the 2nd game we played against them last year, we acted like we were scared to death to tackle him

A lot of teams were. Because Channing is a huge body and great speed and when he is coming at you full speed. WATCH OUT!
They will compete for a state title this year, you can write it down right now.
cougarpride08 Wrote:They will compete for a state title this year, you can write it down right now.

you got that right. i was thinking about this earlier. i think they will go to the state championship game and bring back the state title to Jackson!
I hope they do. I love moutain football. I will cheer on anyone from the moutains.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I hope they do. I love moutain football. I will cheer on anyone from the moutains.

me 2.
Can you believe it is close to 30 days away till practice starts. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Can you believe it is close to 30 days away till practice starts. Smile

i know. i cant wait til Aug. 28th gets here
ok seriously u all know im the best Smile
Strikeout King Wrote:you got that right. i was thinking about this earlier. i think they will go to the state championship game and bring back the state title to Jackson!

I hope so!

mullinstiger55 Wrote:ok seriously u all know im the best Smile

And who exactly are you?
Strikeout King Wrote:you got that right. i was thinking about this earlier. i think they will go to the state championship game and bring back the state title to Jackson!

Not if union or central has any say in it.
UCFB Wrote:Not if union or central has any say in it.

anything can happen on any given day!!! im not saying that Breathitt is gonna win the state championship without going through some tuff teams, what im saying is that i think they have another chance to bring home another state title and i truly would like to see them do it!
i think they are the best team from districts 5-8 and eastern KY at this point. But honest to god union county even though we have a new coach, we want that title so bad we can taste it, central didnt rub it in breathitts face like they did to us at that game, they didnt play that ghetto *** music after every big play they made. that being said, i feel at 3A is the most talented class really this year overall, and probly going to be the hardest to win a championship in other than 6A.
UCFB Wrote:i think they are the best team from districts 5-8 and eastern KY at this point. But honest to god union county even though we have a new coach, we want that title so bad we can taste it, central didnt rub it in breathitts face like they did to us at that game, they didnt play that ghetto *** music after every big play they made. that being said, i feel at 3A is the most talented class really this year overall, and probly going to be the hardest to win a championship in other than 6A.

y did they do that? are you 2 rivals? at least they didnt send you all roses and a sympathy card saying there gonna kick your a** and everything else like Powell County done us last year
nah they would just play " THE CHAMPS ARE HERE" after every touchdown etc. sack or interception even when they started to get a big lead at the end of the game. they talked alot of stuff and got alot of illegal hits that were not called, alot of late hits also, the game was one ill remember for the rest of my life.
UCFB Wrote:nah they would just play " THE CHAMPS ARE HERE" even when they started to get a big lead at the end of the game. they talked alot of stuff and got alot of illegal hits that were not called, alot of late hits also, the game was one ill remember for the rest of my life.

that is B.S. i dont see why teams do that. there is no sense in it.
Strikeout King Wrote:that is B.S. i dont see why teams do that. there is no sense in it.

they come to us this year down in farm land and things are gonna be way different. :1: :1: :1:
UCFB Wrote:they come to us this year down in farm land and things are gonna be way different. :1: :1: :1:

well dude i hope you all beat the crap outta them