Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best RB in the State?
whats your thoughts/opinions about who the best RB in KY is???

Channing Fugate
By the film thats been released you guys havent seen devin foster at all. but you will this year all the way to bowling green WATCH OUT BABY A STORMS BREWING.
In terms of being a true running back: Miles Simpson

In terms of being the best High School Player: Channing Fugate
UCFB Wrote:By the film thats been released you guys havent seen devin foster at all. but you will this year all the way to bowling green WATCH OUT BABY A STORMS BREWING.

to bad the storm wont make it past central, and i know he isnt the back that fugate is.
Miles Simpson!!!!!
Fugate hands down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In terms of being a true running back: Miles Simpson

In terms of being the best High School Player: Channing Fugate

I agree with you there but Miles Simpson is still a great high school player as well even better, not knocking Channing because he is a top back in kentucky and will play d-1 but the title of the thread is best rb in ky and that is Simpson.
C.Clair Wrote:Fugate hands down.

Yeah in eastern kentucky no one comes close.
cuppett777 Wrote:to bad the storm wont make it past central, and i know he isnt the back that fugate is.

ill see u at the union vs. madisonville game and ull see.
Channing Fugate.
Both Simpson & Fugate are great high school running backs, but I've gotta go with Simpson.
I've never had the chance to see Miles Simpson play but i have played against Channing Fugate and he is a beast.

So i guess my vote would be Fugate.
How about we compare stats.

Channing Fugate- 6 foot 2 225 lbs 4.6 Fourty

279 Carries 3052 Rushing Yards 370 Receiving Yards 36 Rushing TD 7 Receiving TD's

Miles Simpson- 6 foot 2 195 lbs 4.55 Fourty

284 Carries 2309 Rushing Yards 233 Receiving Yards 37 Rushing TD
3 Receiving Touchdowns.

Looking at these stats I dont see where people think that Simpson is the better RB. Channing has 5 less carries and 743 more rushing yards. Channing is the bigger back, maybe not as quick but he is working on getting his speed down to about a 4.5 in the fourty.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:How about we compare stats.

279 Carries 3052 Rushing Yards 370 Receiving Yards 36 Rushing TD 7 Receiving TD's

3 Receiving Touchdowns.

Looking at these stats I dont see where people think that Simpson is the better RB. Channing has 5 less carries and 743 more rushing yards. Channing is the bigger back, maybe not as quick but he is working on getting his speed down to about a 4.5 in the fourty.

There is no clear favorite for best runningback in the state but everyone can have there opinions. Both back are great but Miles Simpson will get the nod before Channing because he plays in Class 6A and isnt from eastern kentucky. People will say it doesnt matter where the from but it really does now days because everyone says that our teams dont play good competition so these backs can rack up stats quickly.
bac2369 Wrote:There is no clear favorite for best runningback in the state but everyone can have there opinions. Both back are great but Miles Simpson will get the nod before Channing because he plays in Class 6A and isnt from eastern kentucky. People will say it doesnt matter where the from but it really does now days because everyone says that our teams dont play good competition so these backs can rack up stats quickly.

Fugate for sure.
If Channing was playing at a 6A school he would still have the same type of stats. He is that good.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:If Channing was playing at a 6A school he would still have the same type of stats. He is that good.

agreed! it wouldnt matter what class Channing played in, he would still have the same stats.
C.Clair Wrote:How about we compare stats.

3 Receiving Touchdowns.

look at the difference in who they played last year.
UCFB Wrote:ill see u at the union vs. madisonville game and ull see.

i doubt it i will be working,lol like to be there though,central is coming to there scrimmage...get so film of him and put it on here for us to see like they did channing
cuppett777 Wrote:i doubt it i will be working,lol like to be there though,central is coming to there scrimmage...get so film of him and put it on here for us to see like they did channing

ill have someone film the games personally this year.
UCFB Wrote:look at the difference in who they played last year.

yea like union county,lol,jk
they didnt play us lol. mabye this year.
Can anyone post a highlight of Fugate? Heard a ton about him but havent seen him.
Channing # 28

Offense:

Defense:

Channing is the best.
UCFB Wrote:ill have someone film the games personally this year.

good do that and put it on here..
cuppett777 Wrote:good do that and put it on here..

devin also had to sit out 2 games for grades i believe, and he didnt get the 15th game. with those 3 games he would have for sure had over 3000 yards.
UCFB Wrote:devin also had to sit out 2 games for grades i believe, and he didnt get the 15th game. with those 3 games he would have for sure had over 3000 yards.

Grades?Can he get into a D1 school;you know;pass an ACT?
Here's why I don't see Channing playing RB in college (though he'd make one heck of a FB or TE). Go to about 7:40 on the offensive highlight film. He's running a sweep. He cuts upfield and has a huge hole, and he hits it hard. Then he gets run down from behind after a big gain. By not one, not two, but THREE of Central's DBs. A genuine D1 RB would have at least kept pace with them. That said, if he works out with a collegian weight training coach, he would make a dangerous fullback, because he's too fast for linemen to catch, but too strong for a DB to bring down alone. I'd definitely love to have a guy like him in short yardage situations were I a college coach.

However, my misgivings aside, he's the best RB in KY that I have personally seen.

Edit: After reconsidering, if he can drop .1 seconds off his 40 time, that would help out his chances a lot. He's listed at 4.6 40, and I'm assuming that's w/o pads. It looks like he's still running 4.6 WITH pads though.
id say he plays fullback, he is big enough to block anyone and fast enough to be productive in short yard situations.