Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Fraley Hired as Knott Co. Central's Head Coach
At 12:00 P.M. today in the lobby of the Morton Combs Athletic Complex, David Fraley was OFFICIALLY introduced as the head boys basketball coach for the Knott Co. Central Patriots. I attended the press conference myself and WYMT will cover the story on the news this evening. Fraley will be a great fit for Knott and is making big plans for his Patriots.

WELCOME COACH FRALEY! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
Congrats coach!!:Thumbs:
Good luck Coach Fraley, not only with the coaching aspects of the job, that will be the easy part! Enjoy the time in Knott County while it lasts!
I like the phrase that everyone uses now, "it's a good fit." You people think that basketball is LIFE, get over it and make sure your student/athletes get a quality education.
Basketball teaches these young men and women alot about life that you might not understand, and fraley might just be the best teacher or coach that knott co may ever see.
ole, I understand, what I don't understand is why a high school holds a press conference to announce a basketball coach. Did they just stop their academic instruction to do this? Hey, they need to be out hiring quality teachers to take care of their academic problems.......... don't they have state people in their district now?
where was he a coach at before he came to KCC? Congrats on the hire.
firechief Wrote:ole, I understand, what I don't understand is why a high school holds a press conference to announce a basketball coach. Did they just stop their academic instruction to do this? Hey, they need to be out hiring quality teachers to take care of their academic problems.......... don't they have state people in their district now?

The press conference was held privately in the lobby of the Morton Combs Athletic Complex at 12:00 P.M. at Knott Co. Central HS. KCCHS was conducting 4th period as normal for its student body. The press conference was a small private one that consisted mainly of KCCHS administrative officials, some parents, and an interviewer from the local newspaper. The only students present were from KCC's media team in order to film a segment for their school's news channel and get interviews. WYMT came at a later time during the day to interview the new coach.
Congratulations to KCC and Coach Fraley. Good to see him back in the 14th.
Welcome to the 14th and Good Luck Coach and Patriots
Welcome Coach! Best of luck!
He won't be able to win after next year
I told everyone yesterday!!! No one wanted to believe MVP2 lol. Good luck Coach Fraley!!!!
king360 Wrote:He won't be able to win after next year
Everyone says Knott will not be able to win after next year. But, they do have some talent below the senior class - Mikey Slone, Zach Davis, Nason Roberts, Logan Hall.
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:Everyone says Knott will not be able to win after next year. But, they do have some talent below the senior class - Mikey Slone, Zach Davis, Nason Roberts, Logan Hall.

Don't see it happening, could be wrong though
Wasn't there already a thread on here about this?
there was a thread about just him, and it got closed.
king360 Wrote:Don't see it happening, could be wrong though

who will win then? I'm just guessing here but you probably believe PCC will. joke
PATS2011 Wrote:who will win then? I'm just guessing here but you probably believe PCC will. joke

Not saying that either...after this next year i dont think they will be much either..
Congrats to Coach Fraley and KCC!!
Dont really understand this hire? Will they be going through this again next year? Why hire someone who just wants one more chance to get to rupp for himself?? Plenty of good coaches out there who are young enough to do a good job.
One year and done. Who is he going to groom?
MVP2 Wrote:I told everyone yesterday!!! No one wanted to believe MVP2 lol. Good luck Coach Fraley!!!!
:rockon:
Someone said he had open gym today, is that true? How did it go? Was everyone invited?
swish Wrote:Someone said he had open gym today, is that true? How did it go? Was everyone invited?

He did and was very excited about what he saw.
My question is ..Is he a one and done?
I don't know this coach, so I don't know what kind of coach he is but hopefully a good one. By the looks of some of these posts tho, I think ppl from Perry co. and a few others where hoping Knott co. wouldn't get a coach. You all ain't scared already are you? Good luck to the new coach and to the KCC Patriots.
You my boy "BLUE".....are the going to hire Frank "the Tank" as well....:lmao:.....Welcome to Knott County "Blue" Fraley
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:You my boy "BLUE".....are the going to hire Frank "the Tank" as well....:lmao:.....Welcome to Knott County "Blue" Fraley

:worthy: That is freakin hilarious!!:1:
king360 Wrote:He won't be able to win after next year

Correct. If he's going to do anything it's going to be this year.