Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 2009
he a good one for the job
dallasfan Wrote:he a good one for the job

from what i hear its somebody who really knows what they are doing im also glad this school is hiring a official head coach instead of people who just help out
I can bouch for that. If its the same guy im thinking about. He def. knows what hes doing. Good Luck!
Real Badman Wrote:I can bouch for that. If its the same guy im thinking about. He def. knows what hes doing. Good Luck!

well i wish him and coach allen luck in the future they need it but is there any news on when this becomes offical
I heard that the team is working really hard in the weight room for offseason conditioning and doing speed and strength drills. Apparently they have a Sophmore-to-be named Brenton Belcher that is benching at/near 300 and squatting near 450 which puts him right behind senior Wes Ray as the strongest on the team. Improved line strength will help the line become better with run blocking and pass protection it sounds.

If they switch from the offensive scheme of last year, 4-5 wins seem reasonable by controlling the ball more and not being on defense for so long each game.
Pikeville OT Wrote:I heard that the team is working really hard in the weight room for offseason conditioning and doing speed and strength drills. Apparently they have a Sophmore-to-be named Brenton Belcher that is benching at/near 300 and squatting near 450 which puts him right behind senior Wes Ray as the strongest on the team. Improved line strength will help the line become better with run blocking and pass protection it sounds.

If they switch from the offensive scheme of last year, 4-5 wins seem reasonable by controlling the ball more and not being on defense for so long each game.

Yeah the ER line has gone under major improvements. You have Sophomore Brent Belcher benching around 270, squating 430 and running a 5.3 40. Senior Wes Ray benching 305, squating 440, He deff needs to get his speed up though. Senior Keith May benching around 230 squating 340 and running a 5.1 40. Both Juniors Matt Justice and Joesph Hickman were absent from maxing day. More then likly that will be your starting offensive line for 2009. East Ridge will still come out throwing the ball with there spread offense.
with some great 40 times, i think there will be more emphasis on running the ball this year. I heard that at least 5 in the low 4's for the 40.... so some split backfields would benefit from that speed and challenge the linebackers on the opposition if they can get some holes to open....increased O-line strength should open these holes...

The future sounds brighter than most would have you think....
Oh yeah def. This is only the 3 time in school history ER has kept a coach longer then 2 years. Give Brad some time and Im sure he will have ER up to the LCC caliber type of team. Offense-Wise East Ridge brings back QB Bryan Casey OL Wes Ray, OL Keith May, OL Matt Justice, WR Andrew Ratliff, RB Tyler Ratliff, RB Michael Stiltner, WR/RB Partick Stacy, WR/RB Dalton Lewis. Defense-Wise they bring back DE Keith May, DT Matt Justice, CB Dalton Lewis, CB Patrick Casey, S Bryan Casey, possible LB Michael Stiltner. East Ridge will be ready to play next season.
I don't mean to sound negative towards the excitement at ER, it's great that you are...but there is no way that they have 5 running the 40 in the low 4's. A low 4 is compromised of a time between 4.2-4.49 IMO...I have talked to Brad and I think he said the lowest the team had was in the mid 4's.
That is correct. I believe Patrick Casey ran around a 4.6 and that was the fastest time.
That's what he told me, Patty Cake is a good player and has a good football sense on the field at CB. Hopefully I get to see him play a few more times this season.
i think east ridge is gonna do good this year working out everyday after school helps alot making everyone stronger the linemen are way stronger maybe they might have a good line this year QB bryan casey might have more time to throw the ball more.
t/t/t
east ridge is looking good this year i here
**Updated Schedule**
Week 0-N/A
Week 1-@ Belfry High School vs Phelps-Pike County Bowl
Week 2-Grundy, Va-Home
Week 3-Lawerence County-Home
Week 4-South Floyd-Away
Week 5-Hurley, Va-Away
Week 6-Allen Central-Home
Week 7-Sheldon Clark-Away
Week 8-Pike Central-Home
Week 9-Belfry-Home
Week 10-Shelby Valley-Away
East Ridge will have some new colors next season coming out in Home unforms with Columbia Blue Jeserys w/ navy trim and Navy Pants with Columbia Blue Helmets and Navy Face Masks. Away with same helmets. Navy Pants, White Jeserys w/ columbia trim.
Real Badman Wrote:**Updated Schedule**
Week 0-N/A
Week 1-@ Belfry High School vs Phelps-Pike County Bowl
Week 2-Grundy, Va-Home
Week 3-Lawerence County-Home
Week 4-South Floyd-Away
Week 5-Hurley, Va-Away
Week 6-Allen Central-Home
Week 7-Sheldon Clark-Away
Week 8-Pike Central-Home
Week 9-Belfry-Home
Week 10-Shelby Valley-Away

i can see the warriors going around 5-5 or 6-4 as long as they can keep the intensity that they have in weight room!!!
I think to much emphasis are put on 40 times,really, who care how fast a lineman can run in a strait line 40yds? unless he's trying out for the pro scouts it's immaterial it's all about firing off the ball and taking care of whats in front of you that matters...
*Week 1: Phelps- Win. East Ridge is far better and will have to beat themselves to drop this one.
*Week 2: Grundy, VA- Win. I'll give East Ridge this one since they are at home, Grundy used to be pretty good, but I have heard they have fallen off the map recently.
*Week 3: Lawrence Co.- Loss. Lawrence is going to be much improved and is more athletic than East Ridge.
*Week 4: South Floyd- Win. Same as Phelps.
*Week 5: Hurley, VA- Win. I'll go with East Ridge simply because I don't like Virginia teams.
*Week 6: Allen Central- Win. AC has come along way, but they still have further to go than ER.
*Week 7:Sheldon Clark- Loss. SC is still much better than East Ridge.
*Week 8: Pike Central- Loss. Pike Central is more experienced and more athletic. Hawks with the win.
*Week 9: Belfry- Loss. We have all seen how this one ends. One sided early and Haywood calls off the dogs.
*Week 10: Shelby Valley- Loss. A team that fought P'burg to the brink last year. Valley will come away witht the W.

That leaves East Ridge with a 5-5 record. A playoff birth and a first round trip to Russell or Mason Co. A much better season and a step in the right direction, but will end the first round of the playoffs none the less.
Super-Card Wrote:*Week 1: Phelps- Win. East Ridge is far better and will have to beat themselves to drop this one.
*Week 2: Grundy, VA- Win. I'll give East Ridge this one since they are at home, Grundy used to be pretty good, but I have heard they have fallen off the map recently.
*Week 3: Lawrence Co.- Loss. Lawrence is going to be much improved and is more athletic than East Ridge.
*Week 5: Hurley, VA- Win. I'll go with East Ridge simply because I don't like Virginia teams.
*Week 6: Allen Central- Win. AC has come along way, but they still have further to go than ER.
*Week 8: Pike Central- Loss. Pike Central is more experienced and more athletic. Hawks with the win.
*Week 9: Belfry- Loss. We have all seen how this one ends. One sided early and Haywood calls off the dogs.
*Week 10: Shelby Valley- Loss. A team that fought P'burg to the brink last year. Valley will come away witht the W.

That leaves East Ridge with a 5-5 record. A playoff birth and a first round trip to Russell or Mason Co. A much better season and a step in the right direction, but will end the first round of the playoffs none the less.

I'd imagine youll like them less after week 2 and 5...
Well things at East Ridge is finally turning around, you may not be able to see it because your not in the weight room to watch. For this to be the first off season that East Ridge has had the kids are really working hard. So i would expect East Ridge to do some pretty impressive things in the up coming season.
Super-Card Wrote:*Week 1: Phelps- Win. East Ridge is far better and will have to beat themselves to drop this one.

East Ridge plays like they can too there full potential they I say the Valley and Pike Central games would be close like they have been in past years,
dont expect much
i think east ridge will win 5 or 6 games this year the line is strong and backfield is fast lewis is in the 4 s casey is 4.6 stiltner is 4.7 line is average 280lbs coach allen is working these boys hard in the weight room this year
Listen to what i just heard: Max from Dec-now
Wes Ray Squat 310......nowSquating 500
Mike Stiltner(Fr)Squat 280------ now Squating 385
Bryan Casey Squat 250-------- now squating 370
Dalton Lewis bench 190-------- now benching 220
Wes Ray Bench 260------------now benching 320

If what i am hearing is true, look out pike county. These are remarkable numbers!
wow what a improvements.
yea they should have some new talent from what iam hearing...
that is good to know. I hope East Ridge has a great year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
t/t/t
the warrior will go 8 and 2 2 losses to sheldon clark and belfry