Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Jones Re-Hired as Estill's Head Coach
i just found out a little while ago from one of the players that Mike Jones has been Re-Hired as the head man for the Engineers
Strikeout King Wrote:i just found out a little while ago from one of the players that Mike Jones has been Re-Hired as the head man for the Engineers

Why was he let go in the first place?
Amped 88 Wrote:Why was he let go in the first place?

Long story!TongueirateSho
i just wonder if he will keep the same staff he had last year or if he will get new ones
Mike Jones has lost his mind to except it back, they get rid of him and can't find no one to take it. I would let the Principal and AD coach it.
redstorm Wrote:Mike Jones has lost his mind to except it back, they get rid of him and can't find no one to take it. I would let the Principal and AD coach it.

Thought he resigned to spend time with his family?
Jones is Back!!! he just has to pick a staff bc i think only 3 or staying from last year
Alot of differnet stories why he resigned. But Im not sure if I was him that I would return back.
I would say Jones has them now were he wants them. I am sure he would not go back unless it was on his terms.
ive talked to the AD today and he has confirmed that Jones is Back!
William Muney Wrote:I would say Jones has them now were he wants them. I am sure he would not go back unless it was on his terms.

I would say that you are right William Muney:Thumbs:
This was a lot of uncalled for DRAMA that these young players should not have went through. With a little more professionalism and ability to work with and through situations that arise, could have easily been avoided!
Who? Mike Jones! Who?
and the wheels on the bus go round and round
This is great news! Jones has sold a product that these kids have bought into for years. they are running his system and loving it. I know he has worked hard to build the Estill program starting back in 2002. Good luck this season Coach Jones!
I wounder what changed his mind to come back? Could it have been $?
idk but i heard that he likes it here and didnt wanna go any where else, so that could have played a role in him coming back
Finally, common sense prevails!!!!!!!!!
EROCK Wrote:Finally, common sense prevails!!!!!!!!!

i agree. I really like Coach Jones! he is a tremendous coach! i just wonder who he is gonna get for his staff. i know 3 from last year are staying
Jones was fired because the Admin. didn't like the direction the program was headed. THey couldn't get anyone to take or keep the job. Coach Jones should lay it back in there lap.
where it was headed? oh so you are saying they dont want success?, they want to be average. Oh and he was not fired.
thought for today Wrote:where it was headed? oh so you are saying they dont want success?, they want to be average. Oh and he was not fired.

i agree. i heard that jones likes it here and he dont wanna go any where else
So now that you have a coach, how do the Engineers look for next season?
DoubleDubya Wrote:So now that you have a coach, how do the Engineers look for next season?

the Engineers should go 9-1
DoubleDubya Wrote:So now that you have a coach, how do the Engineers look for next season?

i say either:

9-1 (Only Lose: Breathitt County)

8-2 (Only Losses: Breathitt County, Rowan County)
C.Clair Wrote:I wounder what changed his mind to come back? Could it have been $?

:thatsfunn :lmao: :omg:
You must not be from Estill. Money,that's funny.
All this DRAMA over nothing. Jones has done an outstanding job over there, Never should have happened to start with. 11-2, Give him what he wants, He deserves it.
Strikeout King Wrote:i say either:

9-1 (Only Lose: Breathitt County)

8-2 (Only Losses: Breathitt County, Rowan County)

Rowan has a talented class this year but Estill's style will give Rowan problems.
Estill had a solid J.V. team and they will be better than some might think.:Thumbs:
P.C.Defense Wrote:Rowan has a talented class this year but Estill's style will give Rowan problems.
Estill had a solid J.V. team and they will be better than some might think.:Thumbs:

yea our JV was awesome last year. only losing to Hazard and i think that only lost that game by a touchdown. i cant wait til the season starts. im anxious to see who Jones gets as his staff
Russ Swim and Jason Baber are returning to the Engineers as Assistant Coaches. i just read a article in the local newspaper.

heres the title and article:

" Coach Jones is back at Estill"

"Estill High Principal Blain Click said last week that the door to hiring a football coach is wide open. Tuesday former coach Mike Jones stepped through the door. In a statement Tuesday afternoon Click made the following mark "after careful consideration, the Estill County High School Site Based Decision Making Council has decided to re-hire Mike Jones as head football coach" "Jones had resigned in january at the end of one of the best seasons the school has ever had. he had coached the Engineers for eight years. The Search was on for a new coach and soon John Luttrell, a former cawood high school coach was hired, He never go to take his position however, as health concerns forced his resignation by late april. The Position was re-advertised and applications were accepted. Cl;ick said that after alot of discussion with the players and parents and a thorough review of all the candidates, the council decided the best option was to re-hire Jones. Mr. Jones has accepted the position based on several undisclosed terms and conditions and will begin his assignment immediately," Click explained. "Russ Swim and Jason Baber will return in their former positions as assistant coaches"